2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad) Piano Sight Reading
train piano sight reading with your iPhone or iPad
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
64 members (Bach_ingMaddie, BlakeOR, accordeur, ambrozy, anotherscott, bluebilly, agoode, A. Lucato, 11 invisible), 1,095 guests, and 531 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 143 of 276 1 2 141 142 143 144 145 275 276
G
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by arc7urus

Yes. It happens on the CA98 as well. It was reported a while back iirc.

Thanks Arc7urus. I don't keep up with the CA issues as much, but it makes sense that many would be shared with the NV10.

I am also experiencing a new feature. My startup favourite has BT MIDI enabled and BT audio disabled. But now, everytime I switch on the DP both BT MIDI and audio are disabled. If I select any other sound/pianist mode favourite they remain disabled although BT was enabled in all other favourites (and worked fine). When I switch from the favourites screen to the sound/pianist mode screens, BT remains disabled. If I enable BT Audio and MIDi on the sound/pianist mode settings menu and then return to the favourites, BT remains enabled, even if I select the startup favourite which has BT Audio disabled. In other words, the BT settings in the favourites are not being applied anymore...

Assuming the CA has the same firmware characteristics as the NV, and 1.02f didn't change anything, this behavior can definitely be set and changed via the Default-sets-with-Start-with-Favorite trick I and JoBert outlined (buried deep in this thread--start here and here.

BT Audio and BT MIDI are both controlled similarly to the Local Control setting, and can be coaxed into the the default setting for Pianist/Sound Mode independent of your Favorite. If your behavior has changed, it may require a factory reset so you can cleanly apply the "trick" again in the correct sequence.

Yamaha P-85, P-105, CP50, Kawai MP11 || Kawai NV-10
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted by llyw
I've taken the plunge. Just need to arrange delivery.

Congrat’s! When will it be delivered?

Kawai NV10
A
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by Gombessa
BT Audio and BT MIDI are both controlled similarly to the Local Control setting, and can be coaxed into the the default setting for Pianist/Sound Mode independent of your Favorite. If your behavior has changed, it may require a factory reset so you can cleanly apply the "trick" again in the correct sequence.

Thanks! I am unfortunately very aware of the workaround since I reset the DP, re-create the favourites and apply the "trick" once a month or so to keep the settings/favourites working properly smile But this is the first time this has happened to the BT settings. Usually it "just" the VT/sound settings that misbehave...

J
J

Congrat's!
I hope for you that you are lucky and will receive a working item without busing noise otherwise it seems you will stay alone and cry ... Here in France the support says Kawai is doing something that Kawai Jones deny and now I really regret this purchase!

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by jgbs

Congrat's!
I hope for you that you are lucky and will receive a working item without busing noise otherwise it seems you will stay alone and cry ... Here in France the support says Kawai is doing something that Kawai Jones deny and now I really regret this purchase!

Is Kawai France still claiming they are resampling? That's odd if Kawai James says it is absolutely not happening. Did you try reaching out to Kawai France again to see why they are claiming resampling is underway what it appears Kawai Corporate doesn't know of any such thing?

It occurs to me that Kawai France told you about the resampling so that they wouldn't have to resolve your sound issue. Now that confirmation that resampling is not happening, I think that Kawai France owes you additional technical support to work towards resolving your sound issue, since certainly it is not going to be resolved by the nonexistent resampling.

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member

Congrat's!

James also said that g firmware is coming and he expects it to sound even better than f. I'm still on e firmware and I already love this piano.

J
J
I think that Kawai in France is really poorly representated. The three guys I was discussed with said that resssampling is the air and James says not.
I don't know why but I have more confindence in James...
Anyway I think it is true that if "buzzing" had something to do with sampling all the pianos would be affected including CA98.
And I am quite sure that new firmware will not change anything. It has probably to do with hardware because the issue comes more or less on all the different pianos
in any mode, pianist or sound.
I am tired to call again and again with the only answer is that I have to wait for something that would probably never come.
It's really too bad because otherwise the instrument is really good.

Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
I think that Kawai in France is really poorly representated. The three guys I was discussed with said that resssampling is the air and James says not.
Anyway I think it is true that if "buzzing" had something to do with sampling all the pianos would be affected including CA98.
And I am quite sure that new firmware will not change anything. It has probably to do with hardware because the issue comes more or less on all the different pianos
in any mode, pianist or sound.
I am tired to call again and again with the only answer is that I have to wait for something that would probably never come.
It's really too bad because otherwise the instrument is really good.

Demand a return. Replace or refund. Why live with it if it makes you so unhappy?

Kawai NV10
J
J
Of course I asked for return, but my seller refuse. The only solution would be to go to court but it will take à lot of time.

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Of course I asked for return, but my seller refuse. The only solution would be to go to court but it will take à lot of time.

I assume you escalated your seller's refusal to Kawai France - what did Kawai France say? That the seller was right to refuse?

This is a sad situation. I'm sorry to hear it.

Have you tried to bypass the issue by using a VST with external speakers? This is obviously suboptimal since you paid so much for the piano, but it may reduce your suffering at least during the short-to-medium term until it is clear what Kawai corporate intends to do about this issue.

[Linked Image]

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
G
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
G
Sorry to hear that jgbs. France is a consumer-favoring jurisdiction, so I might suggest that you aren't availing yourself of all the resources available to you. As much as I enjoy my NV-10, it's sad to hear that you've had such a bad experience, and I urge you to take whatever steps are needed to reach a satisfactory conclusion here. Piano is supposed to be a joy, not a heartache, and I hope you'll find that the EU's strong consumer protection laws are working for and not against you.

Yamaha P-85, P-105, CP50, Kawai MP11 || Kawai NV-10
J
J
You are right, a temporary solution would be to use a VST. I probably will try it, but I am angry to spend so much money for a keyboard!

J
J
Originally Posted by Gombessa
Sorry to hear that jgbs. France is a consumer-favoring jurisdiction, so I might suggest that you aren't availing yourself of all the resources available to you. As much as I enjoy my NV-10, it's sad to hear that you've had such a bad experience, and I urge you to take whatever steps are needed to reach a satisfactory conclusion here. Piano is supposed to be a joy, not a heartache, and I hope you'll find that the EU's strong consumer protection laws are working for and not against you.

Yes, There no doubt I will have satisfaction thru justice, but it's so slow! And you know Fance is a fair country if you live in Paris (not the saturday at the moment) but when you are in the countryside far from a big city all is difficult.
Anyway your are right justice is the way.
A better way would be that Kawai works on a solution because I understood I am not alone with tis issue and it would be much more satisfactory.

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
You are right, a temporary solution would be to use a VST. I probably will try it, but I am angry to spend so much money for a keyboard!

I suggest you try it in two steps. The first one is very low cost/no cost. Try out the free trial of Pianoteq on your computer and feed the output into the internal speakers of the NV10. As a first step, you don't even need to worry about feeding MIDI from the NV10 to Pianoteq, or even the issue of ground loops (no ground loops if there is only a single cable between your computer and the NV10). Because for the initial test, you can just feed the output of Pianoteq to the NV10 and just listen and see if there are still the audio artifacts that disturb you.

To get Pianoteq to run without MIDI from the NV10, you can just feed the Pianoteq trial version a pre-recorded MIDI file. For example, computerpro3 linked to one he recorded over here. Of course, the trial version of Pianoteq will be missing a few notes/keys, but that should not matter for the purposes of your verification that it is not only an acceptable sound for you, but that it resolves the buzzing/hissing problem.

If there is still the audio artifacts that are troubling you in this scenario, then you will need to move on to step #2, and try with external speakers. But if step #1 already works and already avoids the issues for you, then you might have a solution which will only cost you less than $200 more (for the VST software only solution), which after you have spent close to 50x that on the piano, should not cause too much heartache.

[Linked Image]

J
J
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop

I suggest you try it in two steps. The first one is very low cost/no cost. Try out the free trial of Pianoteq on your computer and feed the output into the internal speakers of the NV10. As a first step, you don't even need to worry about feeding MIDI from the NV10 to Pianoteq, or even the issue of ground loops (no ground loops if there is only a single cable between your computer and the NV10). Because for the initial test, you can just feed the output of Pianoteq to the NV10 and just listen and see if there are still the audio artifacts that disturb you.

To get Pianoteq to run without MIDI from the NV10, you can just feed the Pianoteq trial version a pre-recorded MIDI file. For example, computerpro3 linked to one he recorded over here. Of course, the trial version of Pianoteq will be missing a few notes/keys, but that should not matter for the purposes of your verification that it is not only an acceptable sound for you, but that it resolves the buzzing/hissing problem.

If there is still the audio artifacts that are troubling you in this scenario, then you will need to move on to step #2, and try with external speakers. But if step #1 already works and already avoids the issues for you, then you might have a solution which will only cost you less than $200 more (for the VST software only solution), which after you have spent close to 50x that on the piano, should not cause too much heartache.

Thanks Tyrone I will try today.

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop

Thanks Tyrone I will try today.

Great! I will be very interested in your results from the Step #1 test of just using Pianoteq trial version through the built-in speakers of the NV10, because if you find that sound acceptable while the original NV10 sound was not, that will certainly "add a data point" in the understanding of the NV10 sound issue smile

[Linked Image]

J
J
I tried with pianoteq test stage and even if I don't like very much the sound, there is no buzzing neither with headphone nor speakers.
My laptop is not at the top so there is a small latencie, but sound is clear.
I used the Grotrian Steinweg because it's a grand I know well and it's definitivly not the sound I used to ear, but it's clear without buzzing.
So as as it's not in the audio amplifier and I guess that it's not a sampling problem it should be somewhere in the digital electronic or some interference in the wires...

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
I tried with pianoteq test stage and even if I don't like very much the sound, there is no buzzing neither with headphone nor speakers.
My laptop is not at the top so there is a small latencie, but sound is clear.
I used the Grotrian Steinweg because it's a grand I know well and it's definitivly not the sound I used to ear, but it's clear without buzzing.
So as as it's not in the audio amplifier and I guess that it's not a sampling problem it should be somewhere in the digital electronic or some interference in the wires...

For me, that is an interesting data point!

For you, it appears you also do not like the 'modeled' sound of Pianoteq. Then based on recommendations in another thread, it seems the two best sampled VSTs for classical piano are VSL Steinway D and Garritan CFX (for non-classical piano, there are others like CinePiano, etc). Unfortunately, neither has a trial online, so if you want to pursue them, you'd have to listen to demos online on their websites or on Youtube. Also, if your laptop is weak, then you shouldn't try VSL since discussion in this forum suggests VSL requires a more powerful computer than Garritan Lite.

[Linked Image]

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Hello arc7urus,

...the BT settings in the favourites are not being applied anymore... I experienced this problem several times with the shs and headphone settings, but this is the first time with BT.

According to this page of the owner's manual, Bluetooth settings are *not* stored to a Favorite memory. This is also true of SHS and other headphone settings.

However, as has been discussed in the past, it's possible to "store" these and other settings as the new "default" configuration by using the "Startup with Favorites" function. Indeed, this function is similar to the "Startup Settings" feature of previous generation instruments.

So, to specify BT MIDI enabled, BT Audio disabled as the new "default" configuration:
1. Set Bluetooth MIDI to On, and Bluetooth MIDI to Off in the Settings menu.
2. Store this to configuration to a new Favorite memory (e.g. "BT MIDI ONLY"). (Note that even thought Bluetooth settings are not stored to Favorite memories, this step is still required).
3. Select the Favorites screen, select the "BT MIDI ONLY" memory, then select "Startup with Favorites" in the menu.
This should ensure that when the instrument powers on, BT MIDI is enabled, and BT Audio is disabled.

I hope this helps - please let me know if this process works for you.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
Hello jgbs,

I'm reluctant to get too involved in this matter. However, to clarify once again: Kawai is not planning to re-sample the SK-EX sound used by the NV10 (or any other current instrument). However, Kawai continues to investigate reports from some NV10 customers regarding speaker noise. A new software update is in final testing, and scheduled for release before the end of this month.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
Page 143 of 276 1 2 141 142 143 144 145 275 276

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Distance of Grand Piano from wall
by Damien PG - 06/19/21 11:20 AM
Insomniac pianists
by Emery Wang - 06/19/21 10:56 AM
First digital piano - F-701 vs P515
by Sebeto - 06/19/21 09:52 AM
Why do great concert halls buy new?
by Ppianissimo - 06/19/21 09:35 AM
Kawai MP11SE successor thoughts
by Quatschmacher - 06/19/21 09:35 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics207,603
Posts3,105,153
Members101,857
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission