2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
39 members (Doug M., Davidnewmind, Dfrankjazz, brdwyguy, busa, benkeys, Burkhard, Erinmarriott, David Boyce, 6 invisible), 1,123 guests, and 267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
K
KevinM Offline OP
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
K
Just got my new piano.

The manual makes reference to one property that then doesn't describe how to set it.

In the full manual this is referenced on page EN-8, but not mentioned anywhere else. Checking out the casio website https://www.casio-intl.com/asia/en/emi/celviano/info/ it is mentioned as only being available for models AP-460 and AP-650. Since the AP-470 is an upgrade of the 460 I would have assumed it was available.

I'm probably going to have to ask on the casio forums, but before I sign up to yet another discussion forum I thought I'd ask here.

Does anyone know whether this is actually a setting for AP-470 or not? If it is what values are available and how do I configure it?

Kevin

P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
I'm interested in the AP-470 so had a quick look at the manual. If you go to page 26 (onwards) it describes how to change the settings, and yes the key-on key-off simulators are there - doesn't look too complicated, but perhaps somebody who actually has the keyboard will come along with more details.

regards
Pete
K
KevinM Offline OP
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
K
That is a simulation of the mechanical sound when a key is pressed or released. There is another key off simulator setting which is mentioned on EN-8. The first one mentioned on that page which is described as causes notes to decay when keys are released. The next two mentioned get a further description of what they are and how to turn them on and off as you describe. It is that first one which has only that single mention in the manual.

P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Oops, sorry. No, I can't find anything in the manual about that either, but the link Casio AP-470 does say it's there if you scroll down a bit. Hopefully somebody who has the DP will turn up soon. Sorry I can't help.

regards
Pete
C
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
C
Probably it's a feature that's always on as that's how a real piano works and there should be no reason to turn it off. (As opposed to the mechanical key-off noises which you might want to disable.)

Well, is there any difference in releasing the key slowly as opposed to fast?

Two things -

1. The AP-470 can simulate the key mechanical noise. It is adjustable for both key down and key release.

2. The AP-470 has release velocity so the legato or staccato nature of the end of the note is based on the way you play and release the key.

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
R
R
Piano makes slightly different sound when you releasing key slowly, used in portato touch for example. Key-off Simulator simulate that and it is present on AP 470.

Rastislav

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission