2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
56 members (Animisha, Burkhard, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 1200s, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Cheeto717, 12 invisible), 1,880 guests, and 264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 73 of 111 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 110 111
C
C
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop
Originally Posted by CYama
USER LOCATION: Torrance, California, USA
MAKE: Kawai
MODEL: Novus NV10
CONDITION: New
ALSO INCLUDED: WB-160 Bench and Fully Assembled
PRICE PAID: $8127.85 USD (plus $772.15 USD local tax) = $8900 USD
DELIVERY CHARGE: $150 USD
VENDOR LOCATION: Los Angeles CA
VENDOR NAME: Pierre
PURCHASE DATE: Jan. 29, 2019

Wow. What a great price!

Thanks Tyrone. I was hesitant to post what I paid because I couldn't believe how low he was willing to negotiate.
The gentleman who runs this store is extremely kind, no pressure sales, sole owner of his store and not part of a big chain store.
I'm not sure what his margin is and I hope he doesn't get bombarded with low ball offers once others see my post.
Perhaps the low price is now because the NV10 has been out for close to a year now. I'm not sure.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Around here the dealer's asking price is $11,000. So I'd expect to get it for $10,000 on any day of the week. And $9,000 might be my offer. Still, $8,100 is a very good price.

But whoa!!! Sales tax of 9.5%. That's one more reason not to live in California.

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by MacMacMac
Around here the dealer's asking price is $11,000. So I'd expect to get it for $10,000 on any day of the week. And $9,000 might be my offer. Still, $8,100 is a very good price.

But whoa!!! Sales tax of 9.5%. That's one more reason not to live in California.

If I buy one (want to try out N1X first though), I will probably contact Pierre, who has been mentioned in this thread before as an excellent piano reseller, and see what the cost of shipping is to the right coast. Being in DC, I'm pretty much as far away from CA as you are, if not a bit further. It's possible he can drop ship one from an East Coast distributor or the OEM instead of shipping cross-country. I will be checking this myself.

Also CYama is in CA and obviously would have to pay the sales tax since Pierre is also in CA. But it is not yet clear to me if that would apply in the case of out-of-state buyer who is directly receiving a shipment out-of-state. Will check this also if I end up buying an NV10.

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
Why not just buy from your local dealer?
Pierre possesses no "magic". Any dealer can sell at a low price.

N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
Don't ask my dealer... +$4k on that price. 😢

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Why not just buy from your local dealer?
Pierre possesses no "magic". Any dealer can sell at a low price.

I do intend to. But I expect to be refused. Resellers often have policies on what their lowest margin is. Otherwise sales people will just often take a dive. At least it's that way in the Government VAR business.

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
K
K
I've been a member of Costco for years and have never seen a Yamaha for sale. I currently reside in KY but not even when in Pa. Even when I use their app and I plug in area codes from California nothing shows up.

G
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by kbrod1
I've been a member of Costco for years and have never seen a Yamaha for sale. I currently reside in KY but not even when in Pa. Even when I use their app and I plug in area codes from California nothing shows up.

It's not a regular sale and I don't know if it shows up in the app. But you can plug in your location here and see when it will next be in town:

https://www.costco.com/yamaha-pianos-schedule.html

Bosendorfer D214VC ENPro
Past: Yamaha P-85, P-105, CP50, Kawai MP11, Kawai NV10
B
B
A dealer rep at one store told me that Costco's Yamaha Roadshow is only twice a year (at least where I am).

Last edited by bambooninja; 02/11/19 04:13 PM.
Are you sure you want to buy from Costco at one of the rare "roadshow" events?
Your local piano dealers are available most every day. And they're ready to deal.

G
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
G
Your local piano dealers are available most every day. And they're ready to deal.

I've been helping some friends piano shop over the last few months, and not all shops are "ready to deal." A couple of Yamaha dealers in the area won't acknowledge or match Costco's prices on either hybrids or acoustics.

And believe it or not, there are also LOT of people put there for whom juggling is anathema. Not so much me (which is why I get drafted into these duties), but more than I thought would bet the case. IMO there's absolutely a beneficial consumer place for Costco. The real shame is the so few people know about it (it really is one of the best kept secrets of the piano shopping world, at least for Yamaha's).

Bosendorfer D214VC ENPro
G
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
G

I've been helping some friends piano shop over the last few months, and not all shops are "ready to deal." A couple of Yamaha dealers in the area won't acknowledge or match Costco's prices on either hybrids or acoustics.

And believe it or not, there are also LOT of people put there for whom juggling is anathema. Not so much me (which is why I get drafted into these duties), but more than I thought would bet the case. IMO there's absolutely a beneficial consumer place for Costco. The real shame is the so few people know about it (it really is one of the best kept secrets of the piano shopping world, at least for Yamaha's).

Bosendorfer D214VC ENPro
N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
Costco does it via local piano dealers. It's basically a promotion event for local dealers with some added/different perks.

K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
USER LOCATION: Sheffield, UK
MAKE: CASIO
MODEL: AP-470 Celviano Black
CONDITION: NEW
PRICE PAID: £949.00
DELIVERY CHARGE: £8.50
VENDOR LOCATION: York, UK
VENDOR NAME: Gear4Music
PURCHASE DATE: 02/02/2018

I paid over the odds for the digital piano. I was returning a Kawai KDP 110 with Gear4Music's 30 day returns policy. I spent about 3 hours in the Gear4Music showroom trying out pianos. Being able to do that was valuable to me in making a decision, combined with their full refund no questions asked of the Kawai including no delivery charge there and back for the Kawai created considerable good will for me.

If we want to have places where we can try out pianos then they need to stay in business.

I had two complaints, when I called before visiting I had a long list of pianos I wanted to know if they were going to be on the showroom floor. They only said 2 of the pianos would be on the floor to try. When I turned up every model I wanted to test was on the showroom floor and I was able to rule out every one. In the end I went for a piano that was not on my list. The second complaint was that they have no wifi, I spent some considerable time with my iPad tethered to my iPhone to read reviews and get price comparisons whilst on the showroom floor.

I suppose I am not surprised, but really do they expect customers to make an uninformed decision. If I could not have read the reviews and done price comparison while on the showroom floor I would probably have just organised a full refund of the Kawai without purchasing there and then.

P
pwl Offline
Silver Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by kbrod1

An event in Louisville just ended yesterday. One going on in St. Louis now, with more to come in Indiana and Missouri (among others) later this month.

G
G
USER LOCATION: Minnesota
MAKE: Roland
MODEL: RD-2000
PRICE PAID: $2,615.00 US (plus tax $210.00) for total $2,825.00
DELIVERY CHARGE: N/A, picked up
VENDOR LOCATION: Bloomington, MN
VENDOR NAME: Groth Music
PURCHASE DATE: Jan. 26, 2019

Wife surprised me with a Roland RD-2000 for my birthday (it was a bigger "milestone" birthday). Quite the awesome gift. Vendor threw in headphones and a heavy duty stand for free.

Now I am researching speakers to get. Any suggestions?

M
mcb Offline
M
USER LOCATION: Melbourne, Australia
MAKE: Roland
MODEL: LX708 Polished Ebony
PRICE PAID: AUD $7,695.00
DELIVERY CHARGE: N/A
VENDOR LOCATION: Melbourne, Australia
VENDOR NAME: Austral Piano World
PURCHASE DATE: 11 February 2019

P
P
A few years ago, I walked into my local Guitar Center to check out their choice of inexpensive home keyboards. I got a good bang for my buck with the P-105. (I've been very happy with the sampled grand sound and the key action) They charged $599 (which, I know, would not be surprising to any of you) but the sale included a $150 credit for anything in the store..... (How fun is that!) So, I picked up some Sony MDR-7506 headphones, Road Runner padded gig-bag and a spiffy dust-cover.

Sam

Yamaha P-105, Yamaha HS7s & HS8S, Dell Win 10, SSD, i5, 8G RAM, Garritan CFX
G
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
G
You got a good discount, it's along the lines of what they offer with a "bundle" for Labor Day and 4th of July sales, but IMO it's better since you got to choose what it is you want to buy!

Hope the P-105 is serving you well, that's the DP I had a couple of years ago too.

Bosendorfer D214VC ENPro
P
P
Yes, I agree. What good is a bundle of stuff that you don't need. :-) I played several keyboards around this price range and was really surprised how many bad ones there were. I was impressed with the P-105 (keybed and sound) for $599.... Then, after I said, "I'll take it," I was told, "and you have a $150 credit for anything you want in the store." I think, value-wise, it was pretty hard to beat, as, for my purpose, the keyboard really performs well.

Sam

Yamaha P-105, Yamaha HS7s & HS8S, Dell Win 10, SSD, i5, 8G RAM, Garritan CFX
Page 73 of 111 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 110 111

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission