2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
53 members (Aylin, brdwyguy, bcalvanese, accordeur, 36251, Bostonmoores, 20/20 Vision, Adam Reynolds, Burkhard, 1200s, 6 invisible), 1,336 guests, and 309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 45 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 44 45
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by RosemaryGirl
Hello all,

So, I was all set to order my ES110 tomorrow (my very first piano!) but now I've found out about these… I don't know. Is it maybe worth waiting until they are available, I wonder? I am using a Yamaha DGX-640 at the moment (not mince). My main intent is to never use the frills and all the functions, just to learn to play on a DP that is as close as possible to an acoustic (feel, sound). It also needs to be lightweight, and it seems quite good to me that these Casios can record onto USB, which I do regularly (it would be more fiddly on the ES110, I gathered).

Is there no set date for when these will be available? Are they worth the wait? Anyone actually seen one in the flesh (or plastic…)? Thanks!

I would wait until the Casio is available at this point just to compare the two and see which one you like better.
I traded in 3 boards for a Yamaha P125 last summer (including a Casio PX130) and am considering the PX1000s as well

Kawai Es8
Korg Nautilus 61
Yamaha P125
Arturia KeyLab MKII
Yamaha CK61
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by TheophilusCarter
Originally Posted by PianoStartsAt33
You can order PX-S3000 for 1000$ in Russia: https://mospiano.ru/goods/Casio-PX-S3000BK?from=ZGMz&mod_id=174307259
What about your regions, guys?

I'm only seeing pre-orders here in the USA so far. Musician's Friend, for example, has the PX-S1000 for $599, the PX-S3000 for $799, and the CDP-350 for $499.

Also note that if you sign up for MF's mailing list or GC you can often get discounts of 15%-20% off more . I've done this for every purchase I have.

Kawai Es8
Korg Nautilus 61
Yamaha P125
Arturia KeyLab MKII
Yamaha CK61
S
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
S
I haven't read all the replies - but: it's excellent that there is now a standalone three-pedal unit, but....I'm not very impressed with the AP sounds.

Greg.

S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by sullivang
I haven't read all the replies - but: it's excellent that there is now a standalone three-pedal unit

Greg.

+1

D
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
D
This is the best demo I've heard. Very impressed with it at NAMM. Night and day difference over the older model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_...gpYuIZILha2EKVyTU1BJ1XH5gijNrOO5l_STRC6A

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Dave Ferris
This is the best demo I've heard. Very impressed with it at NAMM. Night and day difference over the older model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_...gpYuIZILha2EKVyTU1BJ1XH5gijNrOO5l_STRC6A

I’ve also seen the two demos by this guy Max Tempia on YouTube. Wow, this guy! What a fluent and rich harmonic thinking. Reminds me of Bill Evans. It’s great when piano companies hire real top-notch classical and jazz pianists to showcase their instruments.

I'm not around. You can find me here
My YouTube, My Soundcloud
Yamaha N1X, Cybrid DIY hybrid controller
M
M
Until we can play it in person, it's hard to make any concrete decisions (e.g. key action feel, piano engine) ...

... but on pure features, wow does the PX-S3000 look good for the price. And the glossy black minimalistic look ... thumbs up.

R
R
Yeah, it does look a lot better than the ES110 I was going for, that people have labelled "a little cheap looking". But looks where not my concern, more sound and feel/touch, so I guess I might have to wait until more personal reviews come out (and maybe comparisons with Roland FP-30 and ES110) or perhaps until I can see one, if that ever happens.

The three pedal option looks very intriguing too.

Originally Posted by PossumES8Krome61
Also note that if you sign up for MF's mailing list or GC you can often get discounts of 15%-20% off more . I've done this for every purchase I have.

Are those based on the American continent?

There seems to be a huge price difference between the US and the UK (Privia PX-S3000 at $799 in the US and £795 in the UK). Why would that be? Does it make it cheaper to just order from the US and pay import tax?

I think my best move is to wait then. I have to let go of the Yamaha DGX-640 I'm using at the end of March, and then go travelling, so perhaps I should consider taking a break in my learning while I wait for the Casios to come out in April.

Thanks, all!

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
There seems to be a huge price difference between the US and the UK (Privia PX-S3000 at $799 in the US and £795 in the UK). Why would that be?

Taxes.

Yamaha P-515
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
I think my best move is to wait then. I have to let go of the Yamaha DGX-640 I'm using at the end of March, and then go travelling, so perhaps I should consider taking a break in my learning while I wait for the Casios to come out in April.

Thanks, all!

When I went to order our ES110 in Amsterdam, ended up I ordering it from Thomann's, which at that time, had it the cheapest including shipping. I note that the Thomann's website doesn't have the new Casios listed yet, but if you are waiting, they might be listing it in the coming days, and when they do, you might find it worth checking there.

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
R
R
Thanks! I'd actually put the ES110 in my Thomann basket before deciding otherwise! I noticed too that they don't offer a pre-order option on the Privias, although Woodbrass in France do. They offer the PX-S3000 on pre-order at 899€ and supposedly can ship it in three weeks…

I definitely will wait. It might just be absolute perfect timing, actually. The PX-S3000 looks so good, now I've watched the videos! The friend who is lending me the Yamaha DGX-640 has been playing it (and only that) for 8 years, so if I'm going to have my first piano for that long, I want it to be the right one.

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
The friend who is lending me the Yamaha DGX-640 has been playing it (and only that) for 8 years, so if I'm going to have my first piano for that long, I want it to be the right one.

Yeah that would be wise. As mentioned in the thread above, PX-S3000 obviously wow'ed many of the NAMM visitors too as they voted it the best digital piano in the show.

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
I haven't read all the replies - but: it's excellent that there is now a standalone three-pedal unit, but....I'm not very impressed with the AP sounds.

Greg.

I agree. The main piano sound is still the same sample. They may be processing it differently but there's the unmistakeable Casio plinky-plonky sound in the mid range. There's another one off my list!....

R
R
Originally Posted by EssBrace

Greg.

I agree. The main piano sound is still the same sample. They may be processing it differently but there's the unmistakeable Casio plinky-plonky sound in the mid range. There's another one off my list!....

Can you guys be more specific as to what you mean sound-wise, for the benefit of my Boeotian ears… How could you qualify that bad sound? Would you have a more vivid description than "plinky-plonk". I'm new to this all and trying to determine what a good sound is in a DP trying to mimic an acoustic piano.

Thanks.

H
OP Offline
H
I'd get the PX-S3000 over the PX-S1000 if to only avoid having to select different sounds/effects using keys + function button combinations.

Yamaha P-125, Pianoteq 6, Ravenscroft 275 VST, Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
A
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
A

Greg.

Indeed. All this fancy looking new case doesn't matter if the sound remians the same. I'm wondering if they used x50 era sample or improvementow x70, which was supposed to be improved.

Ars non habet osorem nisi ignorantem
T
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
T

Enthusiastic but mediocre amateur.
E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E

Greg.

Can you guys be more specific as to what you mean sound-wise, for the benefit of my Boeotian ears… How could you qualify that bad sound? Would you have a more vivid description than "plinky-plonk". I'm new to this all and trying to determine what a good sound is in a DP trying to mimic an acoustic piano.

Thanks.

Sorry, that's just how I've always heard the Casio piano tone...it is their Steinway sample. It is also on their GP series of console digital uprights as Hamburg Grand.

In the upper mids, about an octave and a half or so above middle C, I hear it as a very one dimensional 'plink' type of sound, lacking in nuance or depth. It's the attack sound in a few notes. Or I should say it comes across as the attack with no body or depth behind it. It sounds okay in some of the other registers but for me that overly simplistic tone, which I could also describe as being 'toy-like' in the mids is a deal breaker. I'm just quite sensitive to certain issues in piano sounds I'm afraid.

Casios also used to suffer from a distinct lack of decay time, or 'ring time'. I don't know whether they rectified that on their newest sound engine.

H
OP Offline
H
So far I've heard that the PX-S1000/3000 action is good and quiet. My question is how good and how quiet? Is the action as good as the one on the Privia PX-560 ? or better? I know this can be very subjective. Any insight into the PX-S1000/3000s action playability and noisy-ness would be great.

Yamaha P-125, Pianoteq 6, Ravenscroft 275 VST, Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
A
A
On the Japanese Casio site, there is a Soundcloud demo "PX - S3000 Demo". Sounds good to me, especially for the price.

https://casio.jp/emi/products/pxs3000/

Page 6 of 45 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 44 45

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,189
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission