2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
92 members (Candywoman, benQF, Adypiano, anotherscott, Boboulus, Brendan, 36251, 16 invisible), 852 guests, and 651 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17
S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
Thank you Allysia and outo for your comments. Re room ambiance, this is another tricky subject. I personally don't like hearing the sound, whilst playing, to appear to come from a larger room than the one I'm playing in. Adding post-recording is also tricky: I have made the mistake of adding too much and finding out that you cannot reduce it once the file has been saved. So I tend to err on the dryer side. I sympathise with your wish!

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
91 Bach to the future

Very nice! Hymn tune quality, heavy, pounding; must be what Schumann thought of Norsemen . . . but it had it's gentler moments which you vrought out so well!

92 Mr Super Hunky

Well! Good to hear you again. And your own compo. Your piano sounds just fine and so full of character. Love this.

93 Ralphiano

Not heard this. Some interesting movements here which you handle sympathetically and well.

94 Mike N

Wouldn't like to try this wi my ole fingers! Leave it to the young 'uns like yourself. Lovely, young fella, Great job!

95 Pthbreaker

Lovely ponderous and melodious tune. Very dramatic parts to this . Beautiful; never heard this Chopin piece before.

96 Venu V

Steady as she goes! Super Scarlatti. Like this stuff greatly; well done!

97 Julie G

You do hear such different stuff here, and tonight is no exception. I liked this piece. Lovely work!

98 Stambler Dave

Love the sound of your Roland. Interesting little piece; light and friendly. Just like the Scots . . . .

99 Micael K

This follows on with K331. never got round to doin' it yet. Those fiddly bits are an education. You're educated (your teacher was right) and I'm not . . . . Great stuff!

100 Glen R

You play with assurance considering the time you mentioned; your piano sounds splendidly deep but the tune was too short. Hope to hear you next time!

Well done, all! Splendid stuff, and good to see new faces, and some returning old. Best wishes to y'all, and thanks to the organisers for their hard work on our behalf. here's to next time . . . .Cheers!

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
The final five at last!

96. Venu V - Sonata in D Minor K 34 Crackles in the recording didn’t spoil your performance. I’m not qualified to offer feedback - all I can say is I enjoyed your submission.

97. Julie G. - You are my love (from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles) Just lovely! The piece has a haunting, melancholy air, emphasised by your sympathetic touch.

98. stambler / Dave - Miss Wardlaw's Favorite A sparkling piece indeed; I can hear fiddlers having a merry old time with it! Well done!

99. micael K - Ronda alla turca For me, polishing a piece to my satisfaction is the most challenging part of learning. Fortunately it can be tackled over months or years, a bit at a time, provided that you don’t begin to lose interest and become stale. Not much chance of that with this piece, I think you were very wise to ‘have fun’ with it. And it was fun to listen to.

100. Glen R. - Duet for One I’d love to hear more of that - sombre and appealing. Nice work!

One hundred treats! I’ve taken much longer than I’d hoped, to comment on everyone’s recordings - but I’ve savoured every performance.

Thank you to fellow 50th Recital participants, and to all who took the time to listen to my submission and post kind, generous and helpful comments. Special thanks to the wonderful, untiring organisers. How lucky are we ABF-ers?! For me, these Recitals are a constant source of inspiration and motivation. thumb

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]XXXVIII-LXIII

My C3 - solace. And joy.
C
C
Allysia, thanks for watching and for your comments.

Started learning on December 2016.

Nowadays studying classical plus pop music.

My Youtube channel
C
C
I read all the comments, thanks all of you that listened and especially commented my recording. I really appreciated all the comments and feedbacks.

Started learning on December 2016.

Nowadays studying classical plus pop music.

My Youtube channel
N
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
N
71. Davidonabus - Over The Rainbow
I liked it. The harmonies were quite interesting. Your playing was very controlled, yet expressive. Nice Pianoteq setting as well, very cleanly done.
I did feel that the dissonance was a bit overpowering in many places though. The melody and harmony didn't really fit for me in those places. This more to do with the arrangement than your playing. Maybe it takes more listenings to really appreciate it.

72. JustinDAggie - Liebestraum Number 3
Very nicely done! This is one of my favourite Liszt pieces. You played it very well.
I did notice that the accompaniment was a bit loud, almost as loud as the melody. Maybe it was a recording. It was an enjoyable listen in any case smile
I would have liked the video to show your fingers though. That might have been nice to see.

73. squidbot (Chris) - Mazurka in B Flat Major Op. 7 No. 1
Wow! That was excellent for having played for just 2 years! Very well done!
Is your recital already over? If not, all the best for it.
I think you've got most of it down. Polishing it will be more fun than learning the notes though. It always is for me smile

74. outo - Two Keyboard Sonatas K32 and K34
The piano sounds pretty good for not having been tuned for a year!
I'm familiar with K32, I've played it before. I liked how you played it.
I'm not as familiar with K34, though I have heard it before. It sounds really nice. A good choice in pairing it with K32.

75. Kalos Piano - Sarabande HWV 437 N. 4
This is a new composer to me. I've heard of Handel but have never listened to any of his music. I like this piece a lot. Sounds very majestic. Like something that would be played for royalty smile
You play very well for having been playing for only 3 years. The performance was very confident and assertive. Very fitting for the music. Nicely done!

76. Yamaha G3 & P-80 Mike White - This Girl's In Love With You
I'm not familiar with this music so I couldn't really make out the mistakes smile
I liked it. Thanks for sharing.

77. PhilzPiano - Andante op 453 no 32
This is quite nice. You played it quite well. The unevenness was not very noticeable. Congrats on recovering from your injury and successfully playing again smile
I've not really played any music of Czerny. I used to think that his pieces were more or less exercises, but this actually sounds quite nice! Maybe I'll try playing some Czerny.

78. Fouyaut - Sonata K332 - Allegro
Very nice! I listen to this piece quite often. Overall, you played it very well. And you've identified the things to work on very well.
Good job on getting the recording in a single take. I struggle with this as well.
I look forward to listening to this again once you've polished it entirely.

79. Jouishy - The little shepherd
This is an interesting piece. The recording quality and the sound of piano were excellent. Your playing was very good. It feels like the main challenge I would find in this piece is from a rhythmic standpoint.
I'm not sure how much I like the music overall though. The melody was nice and the harmonies were interesting, but I did find the extended pauses a little uncomfortable.
I like a lot of Debussy's music, but I'm not entirely sure about this one. Maybe a few more listenings will change my mind. Or maybe I would like it more at a faster tempo.

80. dddaaannn - Sonatina in A Minor, op. 214, no. 4
I like this sonatina a lot! This is a new composer for me. I've not really heard of Gurlitt before. Maybe after I finish on the Clementi sonatinas, I'll start with Gurlitt.
You play very well. I enjoyed reading your description of yourself as a "three-time adult beginner" grin
The first two movements were very smooth, but the third movement could use a bit more polish, especially in the faster sections.
Overall well done.

81. dinahp18 - Invention 13
Nicely done! I'm used to listening to this piece played blisteringly fast by Glenn Gould. It sounds very different played at a more human tempo.
Both voices were very clean and well balanced. Overall tempo was quite steady. Memorising any Bach is quite challenging, and it only gets more challenging as you add more voices.

82. Zilthy - Porch (Avengers Infinity War End Credits)
I liked it. Well done in transcribing it by ear. It sounds great.
The only criticism I have is that it ended too quickly. I think you could have expanded more on the main theme, the part between 00:40 and 00:51. And then done sort of a coda/outro. Just a suggestion for future transcriptions smile

84. mel_lem (Melanie) - Sonata in D Major Hob.XVI.37, First Movement
Wow! That was fantastic. The ornaments were fantastically done!
This sonata is on my to-do list. Hopefully I'll get around to it in a couple of years. I still don't feel ready for this yet.

85. PikaPianist - Prelude Op. 6, No.1
Excellent! As always, your playing, the audio and video quality are at a professional level. I enjoyed the performance very much.
I've never heard of this composer before. As you say, this piece is fairly reminiscent of Chopin's E minor Nocturne. Well, at least the accompaniment. I think the melody is quite different.

86. Allysia (PianoTV) - Variations on Land of the Silver Birch
I liked it! The main theme is very stately and rich. The variations are very interesting as well. Ranging from slow and calm to fast and dramatic.
Those glissandos were unexpected and sounded great! Well done.

87. Ken. - Boo Boo's Birthday
Interesting tune. I've not listened to much of Monk yet. It was a bit short though. It ended before I could make up my mind whether I liked it or not grin

88. briangmoore - Menuet, French Suite #2, Bach
Well done for tackling this challenging piece. The ornaments were nicely done! The notes all sound right to my ears and the tempo also sounds fairly even.
The rhythm is where, I think, more work is needed. Also, regarding articulation, I can hear many detached staccato notes. I'm not sure if this is intentional, but I would prefer these parts to be more legato and flowing. Alternatively, at a faster tempo, the detached notes might sound a lot better.
I look forward to listening to your performance again once you've polished it smile

89. chopinoholic (Paul de Koning) - Nocturne Opus 27 no.2 D flat major
This is probably my favourite Chopin Nocturne. It's on the top of my to do list, though I'm not ready to start on it yet.
You did a wonderful job on it. Very nice choice of tempo and excellent dynamics and pedaling. The sound of your Pleyel is also really nice. Very fitting for Chopin. A very enjoyable performance.

90. Whizbang (Chris) - Pastime Rag #2
That was a lot of fun! Very energetic and lively. Some of those leaps in the left hand look very challenging to pull off. You played it with ease. Very nice! The clapping was a nice touch. Was it a part of the sheet music? grin

@peterws and @MarieJ -- thanks for listening and the praise! I'm looking forward to the next recital smile

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
1926 Heintzman Upright, Kawai ES7
[Linked Image]
H
H
I thought better late than never, had very busy and stressful last couple of months so didn't have a chance to write here...

Thanks very much everyone who participated in this recital. I'm particularly grateful to people who commented on my submission:

Pianist685, cmb13, Sam S, FrankieC, Keselo, bSharp(C)yclist, Ralphiano, Riddler, Micael K., MeganR, MarieJ, Monica K., SMA55, peterws, PhilzPiano, Kalos Piano, noobpianist90

Thank you!

O
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
O
I feel bad now...I never finished commenting although I listened to everything...maybe I'll just have to say: Great work everyone!!

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
No worries, man! Sometimes these things are just hard to fit in; like, there's only 24 hours in a day and you get tired for half of 'em . . . . yawwn. Hay fever tablets help!

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
Originally Posted by outo
I feel bad now...I never finished commenting although I listened to everything...maybe I'll just have to say: Great work everyone!!

Yeah, same here.
In fact, no. Since I was listening while commenting, I've never finished listening, even though I still intent to do it!
If I can manage to do that before the next recital...
I also have the Debussy's recital to listen to...

My piano journey from day 1
Started piano on February 2016.
Pieces I'm working on :
- Rameau, Les Sauvages
- Mozart, K545, 1st mov
- Chopin, nocturne op. posth. in C# minor
- Debussy, Golliwog's cakewalk
- Pozzoli, E.R. 427, etude no. 6
O
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
O
Originally Posted by peterws
No worries, man! Sometimes these things are just hard to fit in; like, there's only 24 hours in a day and you get tired for half of 'em . . . . yawwn. Hay fever tablets help!

Tell me about it! If I take mine in the morning I tend to suddenly fall asleep in the afternoon... oh the joys of summer...

Hey! Since I wasn't in the mood either for practicing or to do my other usual stuff (video games, reading, ...), I've decided to give another go to listening and commenting the recital. So, here we go. And now, I have so motivation to go practice! laugh

60. Pavel.K - Mignon Op.68 No.35
I didn’t know that piece. That sounds so wonderful! Thanks for the discovery.

61. Keselo - Quasi Adagio
That’s funny how the melody sounds like something that should be lively, but the tempo is slow, melancholic. The contrast makes it very interesting. Nicely done considering your experience.

62. MeganR - Sonata in D Minor K 32
Your trills seemed fine to me. wink
Scarlatti is a composer I still need to learn to know better. This piece is nice, with a great baroque sound. smile

63. Tim Adrianson - Time Remembered
One thing that I love with that recital is discovering new pieces and new composers. I’m not at all into jazz and contemporary (but can enjoy it when presented to it).
I like the mood of the piece. I would have perfectly imagine a female singer on top of it, singing a jazzy-slow. There is an intimate atmosphear that makes me what to lie on the coach and close my eyes, just listening.

64. joangolfing - Twelve Variations on "Ah, Vous Dirai-Je, Maman"
I was thinking about getting into them this summer, but I’ve realized how there are much more difficult than I initially thought!
I feel like in the theme at the beginning, the crescendo seems “forced”. That standed out to me as disturbing. But your ornament is very well done and cute. smile
In general, it was good, but I think you would need some maturation time to integrate fully them and play it more easily and fluently. We can hear at times that you are not yet confortable. That’s a very good start though. smile

65. xyzzy – Dreamsville
“Give me a few more years and I'll be able to play better.” That really made me laugh. I really hope will all get better with years! laugh As previously stated, I’m not in jazz, but nothing stand out to me as disturbing the listening in your interpretation, if that can reassure you. smile

66. Sara_M - "For Children", volume 1, no. 2. Children's Song
I bought that book so I can train my reading skills! Still haven’t gone through much though (bought many books at once ^^ ). Thanks for the translation of the lyrics btw.
For less than a year of piano, this is really very very well done! Keep up the good work!

67. SandTiger - Into the Meadow
I’m always impress with people composing. The tone is very well done. We can feel the lightness and peaceful joy of the nature getting back to life.

68. Moo smile - Mendelssohn Song Without Words Op 53 no 1
That was lovely. Thanks for sharing your interpretation.

69. h8dk97 - Kleine Studie
A very cute little piece. I think you did very well, even though you say it needs some more polishing. wink

70. lyricmudra - Siciliano from Flute Sonata No. 2, BWV 1031
Wow. I love that melody that stands out. It sounds like light reflecting on ice. So peaceful and “quiet” (if that can makes sense), with a bit of melancholy.

71. Davidonabus - Over The Rainbow
Well done. I like the sound of that arpegiated chord (I struggle with those!). Light and dreamy. You said voicing was a struggle. I think you overcame the challenge nicely.

72. JustinDAggie - Liebestraum Number 3
Nice interpretation in general. I think the melody needs to stand out a bit more in some parts. It gets a little bit drowned in the left hand. But I really enjoy listening to you. smile

73. squidbot (Chris) - Mazurka in B Flat Major Op. 7 No. 1
The ornements seem quite hard in that piece. Congratulation of what you’ve achieved. Still lack some fluency and, eventually, speed. For 2 years experience, I must really say that’s very nice. This is not an easy piece. There is still some work to do, but it is a great start. Maybe you could come back to it when more experienced to polish it more. smile
(I’m currently doing that with a Mozart sonata. I think it is a very “teaching” process to come back to older pieces and improve them. If this is something you are interested in, I would highly recommand).

74. outo - Two Keyboard Sonatas K32 and K34
Hi! As you stated, we can hear some hesitations, but I think the overall result is good. I’ve enjoyed listening to you.

75. Kalos Piano - Sarabande HWV 437 N. 4
I’ve really enjoyed it. Nicely done, the voicing of the melody in the left hand.

76. Yamaha G3 & P-80 Mike White - This Girl's In Love With You
I don’t know that song. It was nice to listen to. smile

77. PhilzPiano - Andante op 453 no 32
Oh! Thanks for making me discover something interesting about Czerny. I have so much of a low opinion of him, because I have his too many studies in mind (and they are mostly not very musical).
That was cute and well played. smile

78. Fouyaut - Sonata K332 – Allegro
It happens to me all the time, what you are describing : “wow, that is a good take. I’m better not waste it with some lousy mistake”. Bang. Lousy mistake.
That was a great interpretation. I really have nothing to say. It seems really mastered (outside some little mistakes that doesn’t spoil the ensemble). Dynamics, nuances, voicing... it was very cantabile and joyful, as I imagine Mozart’s music.

79. Jouishy - The little shepherd
That would be me. grin

My piano journey from day 1
Started piano on February 2016.
Pieces I'm working on :
- Rameau, Les Sauvages
- Mozart, K545, 1st mov
- Chopin, nocturne op. posth. in C# minor
- Debussy, Golliwog's cakewalk
- Pozzoli, E.R. 427, etude no. 6
N
N
05. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - High Heels (to do)

This was the first ever recital I've listened to as a new member here, but I was absolutely blown away by it. I found it really beautiful and emotional to listen to.
Thanks

Proud owner of a new Kawai CA 79
Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Pianos - Organs - & Keyboards, Oh My!
Selling Hammond D100 (think B3) Organ & Leslie HL722!
---------------------
Our Fall 2021 Free Newsletter is Out , see it here!
---------------------
My first professionally recorded piece
---------------------
Visit Maine, Meet Mr. Piano World
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yundi Li arrested
by Sidokar - 10/26/21 05:36 AM
A thought experiment
by cygnusdei - 10/26/21 03:58 AM
Modern U where is the sample folder located?
by MooganDavid - 10/25/21 11:33 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics209,749
Posts3,142,129
Members103,118
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission