2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
67 members (ChickenBrother, Barly, 1957, btcomm, brennbaer, CharlesXX, Animisha, bobrunyan, 13 invisible), 1,961 guests, and 345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
R
I play a lot of contemporary music that comes on large sheets that are 14 x 8 1/2 or even taller. But they are usually printed on one side only, so one only has to slide them from right to left. I use a cardboard panel that is larger than the two sheets of music side-by-side for easy sliding. I don't usually have a problem with air currents blowing the sheets around, but your situation may be different.

I use this setup in performances too, and have not had a problem. Sometimes I need extra lighting, if the performance space is low-light, but I have an 8-LED light I can clamp to the cardboard backing to illuminate the music.

J
Unobtanium Subscriber
6000 Post Club Member
Unobtanium Subscriber
6000 Post Club Member
J

Only play short pieces in the wind.... ;-)

-- J.S.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Knabe Grand # 10927
Yamaha CP33
Kawai FS690
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
I have 20,000+ loose sheets. They're in around 65 loose leaf binders arranged by composer.

5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
I have heard the ladies suggest using hair clips. There is a kind that looks like like a duck with a very long bill. Cost is very small if you know where to find them.

The amazon product suggester, called up by your view showing the stand you are considering, shows what seems to be about 20 solutions--- was one of them good for you?

Most music racks for piano scores have room for another book to hold the page in place. If your paper is too floppy, you might consider printing scores on stiffer paper.

clef

Clef

5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
I have heard the ladies suggest using hair clips. There is a kind that looks like like a duck with a very long bill. Cost is very small if you know where to find them.

The amazon product suggester, called up by your view showing the stand you are considering, shows what seems to be about 20 solutions--- was one of them good for you?

Most music racks for piano scores have room for another book to hold the page in place. If your paper is too floppy, you might consider printing scores on stiffer paper.

clef

Clef

R
R
Originally Posted by pianoloverus
I have 20,000+ loose sheets. They're in around 65 loose leaf binders arranged by composer.

Unbelievable. I thought I had an impressive collection with random sheet music filling up one(!) loose leaf binder.

Youtube piano recordings (classical music/video games/anime): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh9N3Xirs86USDQXE1WiwXg
Kawai Novus NV-10 / Yamaha Avantgrand N1 with Garritan CFX VST
Gold Subscriber
Gold Subscriber
Holding sheets up with clips or holding sheets with a book placed on the edge of the sheet suggest to me that these people never have to turn pages!

Regards,

BruceD
- - - - -
Estonia 190
9000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
9000 Post Club Member
UPDATE ON MY ORIGINAL ISSUE: I've decided to just come into the modern age and use forScore, if I can find a way to annotate the scores (since I want to write stuff on them). forScore people please speak up about how you go about making notes on your scores pls.

Originally Posted by BruceD
Holding sheets up with clips or holding sheets with a book placed on the edge of the sheet suggest to me that these people never have to turn pages!

I do note that vkgoeswild often just tapes her sheets together into a giant scroll.

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
Hi, Tyrone,
I use forScore on an iPadPro and love it! In addition, I use an iPencil for annotating. You can set it up to start writing when the pen touches the screen. You’ll find it easy to erase, changecolors, sizes, and shapes.
If you are familiar with Photoshop, forScore has a similar levels function. Hope this helps.

N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
Originally Posted by Meaghanw
Hi, Tyrone,
I use forScore on an iPadPro and love it! In addition, I use an iPencil for annotating. You can set it up to start writing when the pen touches the screen. You’ll find it easy to erase, changecolors, sizes, and shapes.
If you are familiar with Photoshop, forScore has a similar levels function. Hope this helps.

Always wanted that but iPadPro is so damn expensive. Maybe next year smile
But yeah for sheet music it seems perfect in size and readability.

Roland LX708
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
I use plastic sheet holders, three-hole, available at any office supply store, and keep them in a three-ring binder.

Regards,

How do you write stuff? Don't you get glare from the plastic? I've been handed music in those plastic things before, and was very annoyed with the glare on stage. I put most of my music in binders - even if I have the original score, because it's often unreliable for page turning.

"The eyes can mislead, the smile can lie, but the shoes always tell the truth."
Gold Subscriber
Gold Subscriber
Originally Posted by Pogorelich.
I use plastic sheet holders, three-hole, available at any office supply store, and keep them in a three-ring binder.

Regards,

How do you write stuff? Don't you get glare from the plastic? I've been handed music in those plastic things before, and was very annoyed with the glare on stage. I put most of my music in binders - even if I have the original score, because it's often unreliable for page turning.

Good questions, Pogorelich.

I do very little writing in any of my scores, bound or loose, so it's not much of a continuous issue for me. If necessary, I do have to slide the page out of the sheet to write on it; that can be a bit of a pain.

As for glare, I buy the non-glare version of the plastic sheets. Glare has not yet been much of an issue for me.

Regards,

BruceD
- - - - -
Estonia 190
Online Content
31 posts for such an easy question?? Just use a hole punch, put the pages in a three ring binder, and use reinforcements on the holes if you want. All the music that I play is set up like this. This is not brain surgery haha.

31 posts for such an easy question?? Just use a hole punch, put the pages in a three ring binder, and use reinforcements on the holes if you want. All the music that I play is set up like this. This is not brain surgery haha.

I know right?!! LOL 🤣🤣🤣🤣

~~~~~~~
My Practice/Progress YouTube Channel :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNj0Yha5exOWuJMTezV3t8Q
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member

Sometimes we need trivialities in life laugh And that's exactly what I do with all of my music too. The reinforcements are great for when you rip out a page while turning!

"The eyes can mislead, the smile can lie, but the shoes always tell the truth."
Bronze Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member
Bronze Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member

Here over the pond we use binders with four holes it makes playing more "even" smile

Ian

I'm all keyed up
2016 Blüthner Model A
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,386
Posts3,349,204
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission