2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
80 members (brdwyguy, Bruce In Philly, ambrozy, c++, 23 invisible), 1,418 guests, and 619 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#274365 03/02/05 05:55 PM
R
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
R
No disrespect to Del Fandrich who apparently had a little problem with Perzina using his name but....

I tuned my first of this brand today, a large institutional upright called a 129. Very impressive for something that came out of China- albeit with Euro design, Detoa action etc.

I don't normally like most uprights for personal use, and I dont normally like brightness, but I really enjoyed playing this one. Somehow the brightness "works" musically. Not to say it isn't more mellow when playing softly. But it's on the brighter side overall though producing sweet harmonics, not harshness. I wish the old Baldwin Hamiltons were 1/2 as good as this one. (I say that because Baldwin Hamiltons were also institutional uprights which tone was on the bright side)

Very good, exacting craftsmanship throughout. Action, keys and keybed appeared to be as nicely done as the best Euro pianos. They even made the keybed sexy by finishing it with black lacquer. Dust should show easily, alerting the tech it's time for some cleaning out.

I noticed the soundboard is surprisingly a reverse-crown design, so this is definitely more than a "beefed up Chinese clone piano", but rather a designed-from-the-ground-up piano that has some manufacturing done in China.

Overall I would rate it in some aspects equivalent to a "middle class" European piano and in other aspects equivalent to a "fine" European piano. I don't know what it sells for, but if it's less than a typical middle class European piano, it's a bargain.

Definitely a piano to check out if your price range is any higher than the cheapest pianos out there.

Anyone who does check one out, let me know what you thought of it.

Regards,

Rick Clark

Piano tuner-technician
#274366 03/02/05 06:36 PM
I
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I
Anyone who does check one out, let me know what you thought of it.
I think is no different than any other Chinese piano. It feels and sounds just like what it is... a piano built to meet a price point.
I find hard to believe that you are so excited about it, to the point you said that compares to a mid-European piano (Bohemia,Petrof, Kemble etc)

Sorry Rick not near at least in performance not near at all.

#274367 03/02/05 06:44 PM
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Iyi,

Care to divulge your personal experiences with Perzinas?

Michael

====

He is so solemn, detached and uninvolved he makes Mr. Spock look like Hunter S. Thompson at closing time.'
#274368 03/02/05 06:59 PM
R
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
R
iyi bir piano,

You are completely talking out of your *ss.

You are among the worse and most worthless posters ever to be seen on Piano World.

You don't even know the price point and for your information the components in Perzina are a minumum 90% European, so how can it possibly be "no different than any other Chinese piano"?

So why don't you take a flying leap at a rolling donut, and tell us how good it was?

Rick Clark

Piano tuner-technician
#274369 03/02/05 07:38 PM
iyi bir piano,

Could you please give some insight to your current or past affiliation in the industry. It could add considerable weight to your post.

Thanks,

Greg

G. Murdaugh
Piano Craft Inc.

Authorized dealers for new Yamaha, Kawai, Walters, Young Chang, Kohler, Roland, Allen, Lowrey and....
#274370 03/02/05 07:43 PM
R
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
R
Michael,

I can tell you know that iyi bir piano has no experience with these.

iyi bir piano has been spouting self-serving lies for so long he no longer has the ability to differentiate between honesty and dishonesty. Rather, he assumes that everyone else is just as dishonest as he is so any lie he comes up with is justified.

The problem is, there has been much too much self-serving propanganda around here lately, and Frank appears to be uninterested in doing anything about it. Unfortunately, for those who *are* honest, when you are swimming in the same pool with a bunch of lying, self-serving jerks, you appear to innocent consumers to be just another head bobbing around.

I'm stating here and now that unless Frank comes up with some concept of quality of information around here then I've got no interest in hanging around any more. Because if information is so confused by the self-interested that consumers have got no way of separating out informed opinion- then I'm just wasting my energy typing here.

There has always been a certain element of BS around here, but in the past it seemed that reason would usually find it's way forward. I no longer feel that way. I think reason is outnumbered. I think Piano World is becoming Spam World.

I am very close to following lb out of here and I suspect some other long-time contributors are too.

And as much as I like Frank, and as highly as I think about him, I have to say that if he has no interest in getting rid of weasels like iyi bir piano (and others), then he has no interest in keeping me around.

So that's it then. iyi bir piano, or Rick Clark? I still like you either way, Frank, but it's decision time.

Regards,

Rick Clark

Piano tuner-technician
#274371 03/02/05 11:12 PM
D
Del Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
Originally posted by Rick Clark:

No disrespect to Del Fandrich who apparently had a little problem with Perzina using his name but....

My complaint was not with the piano but with the distributor's mis-quoting (and changing the meaning of) something I wrote and with their unauthorized use of my name in a commercial advertisement.

I do not know enough about the piano to know whether I would want to endorse it or not.

Del

Delwin D Fandrich
Piano Research, Design & Manufacturing Consultant
ddfandrich@gmail.com
(To contact me privately please use this e-mail address.)

Stupidity is a rare condition, ignorance is a common choice. --Anon
#274372 01/07/07 09:41 AM
Hello,
I am from the Netherlands and buy a new Perzina 128/129 and we are very happy with them.Many friends have very expensive pianos but they all wondering about this Perzina!There are many piano people they tell only bad things about Chinees pianos.But on the Namm this year many people wondering about Perzina in positive way!
Don't listen to all this negative people but listen to you'r ears!Many friends buy now a Perzina right-up and grands.And the price? Amazing!!!I have music friends in USA-Germany-Netherlands-Australia etc they have buy a Perzina yet!

Klaas

I am from the Netherlands and I would like it to know a lot more about piano's and pianoplayers.
#274373 01/07/07 07:49 PM
R
2000 Post Club Member
Online Content
2000 Post Club Member
R
Edited--old thread.

#274374 01/07/07 07:55 PM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Roy123:
I hope you don't leave Piano World. Most of us can tell the difference between a knowledgeable person such as you, and a self-serving and/or ignorant person.
Rick has been gone for almost two years. However, he's still around, and findable.

[Linked Image]
#274375 01/07/07 08:19 PM
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Bluespower: It is a very rare two year old thread that is worth reviving. This was not one of them. You are welcome to start a Perzina thread if you have some new information or observations.

#274376 01/07/07 08:24 PM
J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
From what I've heard (and I've never verified this), Perzina is built by a Yantai Longfeng affiliate or offshoot.

Yantai Longfeng was building Kingsburg a few years back, I believe. But the Yantai plant building Perzina is apparently proprietary, like Heintzman.

They sure have been investing big bucks in their Music Trades ads lately...last issue had a free pull-out Perzina calendar!

Rick, I think a voice of expertise and reason like your own always rises above the small-minded, mean-spirited and petty comments that appear now and then, and sometimes it surpises me that professionals of your caliber would dignify posts like Iyi's with a response.

Jim Volk
PIANOVATION
#274377 01/07/07 09:19 PM
ftp Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
***Old Thread Alert***

#274378 01/11/07 08:49 PM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Klaas (now posting as Bluespower) has a history of popping up, saying something positive about Perzina, and then descending again without ever responding to critical quesitons regarding his affiliation with the brand. Me thinks he is a shill, and I don't appreciate artificial support. I think Perzina can stand on its own merit, and very well that.

One of the funny things about the stock market is that every time one person buys, another sells, and both think they are astute.
-William Feather
#274379 01/12/07 05:25 AM
J
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
Perzina IMO has a good sounding name. I am very curious to test one. I can believe it does not stand after some european brands, that in fact might be overestimated.

But the promotion campaigns in the form of superlatives from owners etc. seem little odd...

One thing to remember: It is good that China has a piano industry because its population is big. But I do not think it is good to have everything made in China, especially if many components are transported from the other end of the world and then the pianos back. The increased pollution that result is one of the drawbacks of global trade. A "green" piano is made locally.

There can of course not be piano manufacturing in every country, but certainly on every continent where there is a big demand (Greenland and Antarctis excluded, perhaps Africa?) As a European I want tradition and working places to be continued and I am prepared to pay a little more for a good piano made in Europe, and even more if the piano is really better.

#274380 01/12/07 05:26 AM
Rick you have made the good choice!For the very good price.You have read Larry Fine?
Good luck with you'r piano!

Klaas

I am from the Netherlands and I would like it to know a lot more about piano's and pianoplayers.
#274381 01/12/07 08:22 AM
ftp Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Bluespower,

A good salesman always demos his/her product.

Is it possible for you to YouTube a video presentation of you providing a quick overview of the benefits of Perzina and then you playing a piece that that shows us the strengths of the piano?

#274382 01/12/07 10:39 AM
Please stop with this stupid things.Call Perzina and ask them about me.
For the last time:I am not a salesman not at all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will help only people for make the right choice.
A very good right-up or grand for a very friendly and nice price.
And Larry Fine are a fool and stupid man? or?
Rick you are one of a lot of pianoplayers they have open they eyes and ears !!!!
And there will be a lot ,lot more people in the future!!!!!!!!!!!
Klaas

#274383 01/12/07 11:14 AM
ftp Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Bluespower,

You love Perzina's. Why not video yourself playing it so that you can demonstrate its merits. Words on a thread don't mean nearly as much. Can't you convert all those exclamation marks into a video performance. Think about how much more helpful you can be to people to make the right choice.

#274384 01/12/07 11:34 AM
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Ok. I'll call Perzina.

So who are you? Who do I ask them about? You've been a pretty well known musican, so your name ought to be around.

Michael

====

He is so solemn, detached and uninvolved he makes Mr. Spock look like Hunter S. Thompson at closing time.'
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Ken Knapp, Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha 515-P... sounds bad or it's just me???
by Riccardo92 - 07/28/21 06:23 PM
Rachmaninoff anyone? I'm having so much fun!
by gooddog - 07/28/21 06:21 PM
Yamaha 515-P... sounds bad or it's just me???
by Riccardo92 - 07/28/21 06:10 PM
Plan Ahead! 2022 Themed Recitals
by Sam S - 07/28/21 04:37 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics208,265
Posts3,117,134
Members102,261
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission