2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad) Piano Sight Reading
train piano sight reading with your iPhone or iPad
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
28 members (cmoody31, ColonelBogey, clothearednincompo, Chapitrilfo, David B, Bruce Sato, Beansparrow, 8 invisible), 436 guests, and 566 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16
P
P
Ralph, so funny, what a great California trip you had!! I had to laugh because more often that I wish to admit my trips end with your 'The Bad:#6' statement smile

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
M
Silver Subscriber
Silver Subscriber
M
Oh no !!! I grew up in the Los Angeles area. I could have been the one laughing at your "shark bite"

On behalf of the residents of Southern California I would like to formally apologize to Ralph for laughing at his injury.

You really could've found a better hot dog in LA, next time try Pink's in Hollywood.

I only hope the shark bite incident helped to release tension which is now helping your Piano playing.

By the way ages ago I was in the Air Force and stationed on the Illinois side of St Louis, Scott Air Force Base. I was probably the person you laughed at by the arch one weekend.

Mike

Acoustic: Cunningham Parlour Grand
Digital: Kawai ES-8 / Pianoteq 6

R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
Originally Posted by Michael.

You really could've found a better hot dog in LA, next time try Pink's in Hollywood.

I could never have imagined the existence of a hot dog better than Der Weinerschnitzel! shocked Next time, Pink's it will be! laugh

Ralph

Kawai VPC1
Garritan CFX
Pianist since April, 2015
M
Silver Subscriber
Silver Subscriber
M
http://www.pinkshollywood.com/

The last time I went, which was years ago it was a good 90 minute wait. Bad thing for me to be craving right now being it is a good 1000 miles away frown

R
Richrf Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
R
Too bad mean spirited and truly nasty people dominate forums, but I guess that is where such people must go for comfort. They probably can't find it at home.

Last edited by Richrf; 05/04/17 07:04 PM.
B
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
B
Richard, you should close the thread. It's time we moved on ;0

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]
R
Richrf Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
R
Originally Posted by bSharp(C)yclist
Richard, you should close the thread. It's time we moved on ;0

Why?! The nasty, mean-spirited, group had their cathartic moments. Let's sit around and contemplate the true nature of this group, particularly its leaders. The ones that are far more interested in destroying than creating.

B
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by Alexander Borro
Originally Posted by sara elizabeth
I like calculus, I like challenging puzzles, I like strategy games, I like high impact aerobics, I like running, I like taking credit courses with exams. I hate yoga, I hate lying like a lump on the couch.

I tried a weekend yoga retreat one time because I am always open to new experiences. I try to say yes to every opportunity that presents itself. I had to leave the yoga retreat early. I hated it. Unlike Rich, I do not pursue a life of lazy leisure as my goal. I'll relax enough when I'm dead.

My warm up routine that I often do ... if I can manage it, and it's when my muscles feel at their best and all the circulation is working like a good one, is to do a good workout on the mountain bike on some bumpy terrain, I do this about 2 - 3 times a week in summer...
edit to add: I meant say yoga was never for me either. I am more into things like a bit of tennis or the bike, no interest in trying yoga either.

I consider myself to be a relaxed, unruffled, steady-state sort of person, rather than being full of Brownian motion wink .

So, in the interest of pursuing that to the next orbit, I once went to a yoga class. Disaster! I was so unstretchy that I couldn't lift my leg up 90º, let alone touch my head on my thighs like the other lithe ladies around me (yes, I was the lone male in a class of ladies cry). I was so tense holding my legs up that I could feel my overstretched hamstrings close to snapping.

The 'meditative'/relaxation part of the class couldn't come quickly enough, and I felt I could at last relax. Disaster!! I fell asleep.....and woke up a few minutes later to see the instructor and all the other ladies already on their feet, mats rolled up, smiling at me still lying relaxed, half-asleep on my mat.

I never went back to the class blush. Instead, I resumed my usual relaxation routine, comprising running, white-water kayaking, rock-climbing, hang-gliding.......and felt myself settling back into my relaxed state of being thumb.

"I don't play accurately - anyone can play accurately - but I play with wonderful expression. As far as the piano is concerned, sentiment is my forte. I keep science for Life."
R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
bennevis, That's hilarious. What an image! laugh

Last edited by Ralphiano; 05/04/17 07:12 PM.

Ralph

Kawai VPC1
Garritan CFX
Pianist since April, 2015
R
Richrf Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
R
Great! I was hoping that one of the Ring leaders would make an appearance. You are one of the teachers on this forum right? Nice! Really funny stuff. You should teach comedy!!

Last edited by Richrf; 05/04/17 07:25 PM.
M
Silver Subscriber
Silver Subscriber
M
I had no idea the orginal poster can close a thread, cool.

Rich, you should really do that, moderators are not out here policing the forums. I thought we were all having a good time here.

Sometimes people just need to vent and blow off steam. Life is stressful and people sometimes need to let go. I am sure nobody meant anything. I didn't and if it bothers you I will stop

R
Richrf Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
R
I had no idea the orginal poster can close a thread, cool.

Rich, you should really do that, moderators are not out here policing the forums. I thought we were all having a good time here.

Sometimes people just need to vent and blow off steam. Life is stressful and people sometimes need to let go. I am sure nobody meant anything. I didn't and if it bothers you I will stop

Thank you Michael. Apology accepted and appreciated. In my eyes, you are one heck of a person. Good luck with your studies!

F
f3r Offline
F
Well, we've gone way Off topic...

Is anyone interested in seeing what I'm working on (see page 1)?
I'd like to make some YT videos and post them here or in a new thread. No point in doing that if there's no interest.

Gold Subscriber
2000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Ralphiano
Ralph - you sound like someone from California.

I have vivid memories of California.

In 1973, a buddy and I decided to take two weeks off work and go to California (from our home state, Missouri). (It was not yet known that one needed to drive the Ford Pinto really fast to avoid getting rear ended. Ignorance is bliss!)

The Good:

1. Driving Hwy 1 from Eureka to San Francisco. Stunningly beautiful. Would love to see it again before I depart this earth.

2. That very, very special moment when I realized that my very first shark bite, in the thigh area of my right leg, which came less that one hour after my inaugural immersion into the Pacific waters, turned out to be nothing more than some very seriously scratchy seaweed that got wrapped around my leg while I was swimming in deep water.

3. Los Angeles still had operating Der Wienerschnitzels, The ones in St. Louis had folded years before.

4. Our first 4 days at the beach in Los Angeles (our first beach experience, ever) were under the luxurious, protective cover of endless, bluish-white, billowy clouds. It was just a gorgeous and relaxing state of affairs.

5. We did not get killed by rattlesnakes!

6. The Grand Canyon was right on our way home from Los Angeles to St. Louis. Having never seen it before, we were excited at the prospect of taking in its grandeur.

The Bad:

1. On the way out, I drove overnight from Redding to Eureka, and, due to darkness, missed out on what is reportedly some of the most beautiful scenery on earth. Of course, I was in a hurry to get to Eureka!

2. I screamed like a baby as I felt myself yielding to certain death from that shark bite. This proved terribly embarrassing as I exited the water in front of thousands of giggling and snickering local beach goers!

3. We ate every meal at Der Wienerschnitzel for six consecutive days while in Los Angeles.

4. Like the couple of dumb hillbillies that we were, we got severely sunburned despite the peaceful, benign, cloud cover. My skin had moist, oozing, cracks between an eighth and quarter of an inch deep. And, the Pinto had no air conditioning. The drive back east, across the desert, was sweaty, hot, and painful.

5. We tired late at night as we were driving across the desert east of Los Angeles. It was 108 degrees in the middle of the night. (That should be against some law). Simple enough, we just drove off the pavement a couple hundred yards onto the desert, got out, laid on the ground, and slept. The next morning, as we drove back toward the pavement, we noticed little signs near the road's edge, facing away from us and toward the highway. As we passed one, I turned my head back to read what it said. “DO NOT LEAVE HIGHWAY, RATTLESNAKE INFESTED AREA”

6. F**k the Grand Canyon. I was in too much pain to stop and stare at a big, dirty ditch!

So, yes, Michael., in my own special way, I am from California!

My only regret about the entire trip is that I didn't have a hose with me, and, therefore, couldn't flow. Ah, the improvidence of youth!

grin

Good story. smile I made a somewhat similar trip in 1971, from Michigan to New Mexico, by way of the Pacific Coast. Yes, it was the long way around, but what the heck.

My experience of throwing my sleeping bag down on the ground to sleep resulted in a trip to the emergency room: an ant crawled into my ear and bit me. Most painful thing imaginable. I thought my head was exploding.

[Linked Image]
Yamaha C3X
In summer, the song sings itself. --William Carlos Williams

R
Richrf Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
R
Originally Posted by f3r

I'd like to make some YT videos and post them here or in a new thread. No point in doing that if there's no interest.

Hi f3r,

I would be very interested. Looking forward to seeing what you have done.

Last edited by Richrf; 05/04/17 08:03 PM.
Silver Subscriber
7000 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by f3r

I would be very interested-- but could you start a new thread?

F
f3r Offline
F
Originally Posted by Richrf
Originally Posted by f3r

Hi f3r,

Good, I'd like to hear your opinion.

Is there anyone here who's trained with Lister-Sink or certified teacher? There was Danny Niklas and some others but they're not active anymore.

Last edited by f3r; 05/04/17 08:52 PM. Reason: fixing my broken English
F
f3r Offline
F
Originally Posted by dogperson
Originally Posted by f3r

I would be very interested-- but could you start a new thread?
Sure. I'll begin posting next week, this needs some planning.

M
Silver Subscriber
Silver Subscriber
M
Cool, I am all in as well.

M
M
Originally Posted by f3r
Originally Posted by Richrf
Originally Posted by f3r

Hi f3r,

Good, I'd like to hear your opinion.

Is there anyone here who's trained with Lister-Sink or certified teacher? There was Danny Niklas and some others but they're not active anymore.
I'm not, and the only person close that I knew who taught Taubman is no longer on the forum, sadly. I'll help if I can, though.

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16

Moderated by  BB Player 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Couch to Concert Hall
Couch to Concert Hall
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
KORG SP170S PANEL REMOVAL?
by Prof. Piano - 05/11/21 11:59 PM
KORG SP170S PANEL REMOVAL?
by Prof. Piano - 05/11/21 11:50 PM
WTC C-maj fugue (bk 1) analysis question
by hawgdriver - 05/11/21 10:55 PM
DP model numbers and years sold?
by ObtuseMoose - 05/11/21 10:45 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics206,876
Posts3,092,491
Members101,481
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission