2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
73 members (Bruce Sato, Carey, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, bcalvanese, 36251, brdwyguy, amc252, akse0435, 13 invisible), 2,099 guests, and 305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 18 1 2 14 15 16 17 18
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
'Isso funciona no Brasil
https://youtu.be/Dx5n82YC3Zw

H
H
Thank you Max!!

I will try your method as soon as I buy some new strings.

Do you have any information on the Brazilian Tech?

"Respond intelligently, even to unintelligent treatment."
-Lao Tzu
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Herr Weiss
Thank you Max!!

Hi,Herr Weiss
I'll look forward to a positive outcome. The main condition for a good result is the meticulous execution of all operations and a lot of time. Because we can not hurry never, I think. Especially when it comes to corrugated cardboard about.
Regarding the Brazilian tech. Her name Edenilza Freitas
She wrote to me that he would restore her upright piano using cardboard. She sent the clips for me, where she shows method cardboard fix . We make our correspondence in Portuguese. I use Google translator for this purpose.
Here are its coordinates:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/109101839503829526809/+EdenilzaFreitas
Good luck to you. I believe in the positive result
Regards, Max

H
H
Thank you Max!

By the way, I speak fluent Portuguese.

-Lao Tzu
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Thank you Max!

By the way, I speak fluent Portuguese.

Metade do trabalho que agora são feitas

Then half of the work you've already done! (joke)
Here a video where I did a cardboard fix in the bass register:
https://youtu.be/--slQtf7H_c?list=PLDD6668CC75A16250
Mentally with you, Max

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Thank you Max!!

Dear Herr Weiss.
It would be desirable to have a high-quality translation into Portuguese (professional tech. paino). I will place it in the annotations to the clip: https://youtu.be/M7DhREifxSg?list=PLDD6668CC75A16250

Cardboard shim for loose tuning pin:

This is a cost-effective method of fixing a loose tuning pin. It avoids de-tuning adjacent strings, which can happen with methods that involve hammering tuning pins in.

First, turn the tuning pin enough to slacken the string coils. Then, using a narrow (but strong) screwdriver or an awl, lever the end of the string out of the tuning pin hole. (This point in the string is called the 'becket'). Lever against the tuning pin itself to prise the string out.

Now unscrew the tuning pin completely, leaving the string and coils in place. From some corrugated cardboard about 2mm or 3mm thick, cut a piece 20mm by 50mm. Insert this strip into the tuning pin hole (It may be helpful to curve the cardboard round a screwdriver shaft first, to make it easier to insert into the tuning pin hole). Firmly start the tuning pin into the hole, with the cardboard shim in place. Carefully turn the tuning pin into the hole, going quite slowly so as to avoid a build-up of heat. Turn the pin all the way in, to the same level as before.

Carefully insert the end of the string (the 'becket') back into the tuning pin hole, using suitable pliers. Make sure that the string coils are kept tight, using a stringing hook or a screwdriver.

Tune the string to pitch. The cardboard shim method will keep the pin tight for years and does not involve glue.

Regards, Max

H
H
Originally Posted by Maximillyan
Thank you Max!!

Dear Herr Weiss.
It would be desirable to have a high-quality translation into Portuguese (professional tech. paino). I will place it in the annotations to the clip: https://youtu.be/M7DhREifxSg?list=PLDD6668CC75A16250

This is a cost-effective method of fixing a loose tuning pin. It avoids de-tuning adjacent strings, which can happen with methods that involve hammering tuning pins in.

First, turn the tuning pin enough to slacken the string coils. Then, using a narrow (but strong) screwdriver or an awl, lever the end of the string out of the tuning pin hole. (This point in the string is called the 'becket'). Lever against the tuning pin itself to prise the string out.

Now unscrew the tuning pin completely, leaving the string and coils in place. From some corrugated cardboard about 2mm or 3mm thick, cut a piece 20mm by 50mm. Insert this strip into the tuning pin hole (It may be helpful to curve the cardboard round a screwdriver shaft first, to make it easier to insert into the tuning pin hole). Firmly start the tuning pin into the hole, with the cardboard shim in place. Carefully turn the tuning pin into the hole, going quite slowly so as to avoid a build-up of heat. Turn the pin all the way in, to the same level as before.

Carefully insert the end of the string (the 'becket') back into the tuning pin hole, using suitable pliers. Make sure that the string coils are kept tight, using a stringing hook or a screwdriver.

Tune the string to pitch. The cardboard shim method will keep the pin tight for years and does not involve glue.

Regards, Max

Greetings Max!!

I will have it for you by this Sunday.

Cheers,
HW

-Lao Tzu
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Thank you Max!!

Dear Herr Weiss.

Regards, Max

Greetings Max!!

I will have it for you by this Sunday.

Cheers,
HW

Yes,let our Sunday will come soon
Que o domingo chegue logo

H
H

Dear Max:

Unfortunately this week, I had little time to dedicate to the translation I promised you. The Portuguese language has many synonyms, one longer than the other, reason being, it makes choosing the appropriate word difficult.

One such example is the verb to slack:
1 - Afrouxar
2 - Desaparafusar
3 - Desapertar
4 - Desenrolar
5 - Desenrosquar

Or one can use the verb girar which means to turn.

Give me one more week to sort things out, in order to find the clearest possible translation.

[Linked Image]

~HW

-Lao Tzu
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member

Dear Max:

Unfortunately this week, I had little time to dedicate to the translation I promised you. The Portuguese language has many synonyms, one longer than the other, reason being, it makes choosing the appropriate word difficult.

One such example is the verb to slack:
1 - Afrouxar
2 - Desaparafusar
3 - Desapertar
4 - Desenrolar
5 - Desenrosquar

Give me one more week to sort things out, in order to find the clearest possible translation.

[Linked Image]

~HW

Hi, Herr Weiss
No need to apologize. I understand that to choose the right word is a very important task. Russian language is not an exception idem. The same search the resulted example the word "to turn " In my method, it can be said:
1 to twist закручивать
2 to wrap вкручивать
3 to screw ввернуть
4 to tighten заперссовать

I would like to note that I see in the text of the translation into Portuguese is rational kernel of idioms and lexical turn who are able to understand not professional tuners. Most likely, this method will be applied in practice simple laymen. Therefore, the language must be simple and easy to understand, even if you have used the wrong professional terminology of piano technician it would be justified, since our consumer Portuguese man with a technical background, I think.
I will accept and be grateful you for to any option translation . Suppose that in the process of approbation someone tell me the correct word and phrase.
You can use words Edenilza Freitas too.
Good luck you in good begining!Удачи в добром начинании!
Regards, Max

H
H
Io capisco amico Max. thumb

Grazie,
~HW

-Lao Tzu
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Maybe para aparafusar

parafusar em

It's given Google translate

Last edited by Maximillyan; 12/13/16 03:42 AM.
H
H
Dear Max:

I took liberty to use Piano World's own Google Translate app.
I'm happy to announce that it did a much better job then I could ever had hoped for.

I am impressed!! thumb

Please let me know if you feel the same. I can always change some words, but as it is, I approve the translation. (Ah, in the first sentence, add the word Cepo* after the word no).

Your friend,
~Herr Weiss

Cepo*= Pinblock

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Herr Weiss; 12/17/16 06:34 PM.

-Lao Tzu
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Dear Max:

I took liberty to use Piano World's own Google Translate app.
I'm happy to announce that it did a much better job then I could ever had hoped for.

I am impressed!! thumb

Please let me know if you feel the same. I can always change some words, but as it is, I approve the translation. (Ah, in the first sentence, add the word Cepo* after the word no).

Your friend,
~Herr Weiss

Cepo*= Pinblock

[Linked Image]

Hi, Herr Weiss
We did it!
I am impressed also!
I am extremely excited about our translation collaborative work. Glory to our Technician Piano forum!
It's able to unite people of different countries and peoples!
I hope that our actions will serve the cause of peace and harmony. This is all the more does not sound snobbish, if we know that the idea was originally in Russian. Then our technicians helped to translate into English and other E.U languages. Now there's a version in Portuguese.
Regarding pinblock (Cepo*). I think that for the consumer of our product that word is understood. If "no", then let him looking for a synonym, and inform us too.
Best regards, Yours sincerely Max from Kazakhstan
P.S Here variant WORD:

Papelão calço para o pino de ajuste solto:

Este é um método eficaz de fixação de um pino de ajuste soito. Evita-ajuste de cordas adjacentes, o que pode acontecer com métodos que envolvem martelando afinação pinos no.

Primeiro, vire o pino de afinação suficiente para afrouxar as bobinas de corda. Em seguida, usando uma chave de fenda estreita (mas forte) ou um furador, alavancar a extremidade da corda para fora do buraco sintonia oino. (Este ponto na sequência é chamado de “Becket"). Lever contra o oróprio pino de ajuste para prêmio a cadeia de fora.

Agora desapertar o pino de ajuste completamente, deixando a corda e bobinas no lugar. De alguns papelão ondulado cerca de 2 mm ou 3 mm de espessura, corte um pedaço 20 milímetros por 50 milímetros. Insira esta tira no orifício de afinação pinos (Pode ser útil para curva de papelão em volta de um eixo chave de fenda em primeiro lugar, para torná-lo mais fácil de inserir no orifício do pino de afinação). Firmemente iniciar o pino de ajuste no buraco, com o calço de papelão no lugar. Vire com cuidado o oino de ajuste no buraco, indo muito devagar, de modo a evitar uma acumulação de calor. Ligue o pino em todo o caminho, ao mesmo nível que antes.

Insira cuidadosamente a extremidade da corda (o "Becket") de volta para o buraco pino tuning, usando um alicate adequados. Certifique-se de que as bobinas de corda são mantidos apertado, usando um gancho de encordoamento ou uma chave de fenda.

Afinar a corda para lançar. O método de papelão calço irá manter o apertado pin por anos e não envolve cola.

Atenciosamente, Max

H
H
Good Morning Max:

Hold your horses!!

After further 'review', I am detecting glaring errors with the Google Translation, some quite HILARIOUS!! grin

Give me some time to iron things out, in order to come up with a clearer, definite rendition of your 'original' statement.

Cheers,
~HW

-Lao Tzu
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Good Morning Max:

Hold your horses!!

After further 'review', I am detecting glaring errors with the Google Translation, some quite HILARIOUS!! grin

Give me some time to iron things out, in order to come up with a clearer, definite rendition of your 'original' statement.

Cheers,
~HW

Hi,Herr Weiss
I understand your wish. "I shall restrain fervor my horses."
Let's this option will be here. Let us iron the roughness of the text and its meaning. So help you God.
I translated your version on Russian. It have good understanding of a meaning for me. If anybody watching this video and have a translated your text, it is possible to understand HOW and WHAT to do.
Good luck
"The road by walking ..."
Regards, Max

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member

~HW

Edenilza Freitas wrote:Good explanation, I liked it !!!
Boa explicação, gostei!!!
https://plus.google.com/b/109101839...4626322761857/6355894623896937058?cfem=1

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Edenilza Freitas
Ola! também estou ansiosa para enviar o vídeo do piano tocando. No momento não é possível, porque está faltando 3 codas de aço fino e 2 bordões. O proprietário do piano, vai comprar em São Paulo porque aqui em minha cidade não tem. Como o piano é muito antigo, tem que levar uma amostra dos bordões para não dá errado. O pedido que fiz antes pala internet veio errado, por isso estar demorando. Assim que for possível com certeza enviarei o vídeo. Desculpe-me pela demora. Abraço.

Edenilza Freitas wrote:
Hello, Max! I am also anxious to send the video of the piano playing. At the moment it is not possible, because it is lacking 3 thin steel cords and 2 drills. The owner of the piano, will buy in Sao Paulo because here in my city does not have. As the piano is very old, you have to take a sample of the drums so you do not go wrong. The request I made before the internet went wrong, so it's taking a while. I'll send the video as soon as possible. Sorry for the delay.

We shall wait it's sounding upright piano, Edenilza

H
H
Happy New Year, Max!

English: "...hammering tuning pin in."
Portuguese: "...martelando afinacao pinos no."

The word 'no' means 'in the'. So we need to say 'where'; in the 'pin block'.
Or, we can use 'para dentro', it means 'in'. LOL

1 - "...martelando os pinos para dentro."
2 - "...martelando os pinos de afinacao no cepo."

Both are correct!!

In the second paragraph, the Portuguese translation makes no sense and it is in fact quite hilarious. I will leave it for another day. grin

Cheers,
HW

-Lao Tzu
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Happy New Year, Max!

English: "...hammering tuning pin in."
Portuguese: "...martelando afinacao pinos no."

The word 'no' means 'in the'. So we need to say 'where'; in the 'pin block'.
Or, we can use 'para dentro', it means 'in'. LOL

1 - "...martelando os pinos para dentro."
2 - "...martelando os pinos de afinacao no cepo."

Both are correct!!

In the second paragraph, the Portuguese translation makes no sense and it is in fact quite hilarious. I will leave it for another day. grin

Cheers,
HW

Hi,Herr Weiss
Yeah funny! However, I would like to wish to "our Portuguese technicans" is not laugh, reading annotated. They are obliged to do everything exactly as instructed. We look forward to the final Portuguese text.
Happy New Year 2017,Herr Weiss too!

Last edited by Maximillyan; 01/02/17 02:06 AM.
Page 16 of 18 1 2 14 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission