2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad) Piano Sight Reading
train piano sight reading with your iPhone or iPad
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
43 members (BWV846, David B, Damien PG, c++, brdwyguy, danno858, Alex Hutor, CaseyVancouver, 9 invisible), 795 guests, and 581 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 64 of 80 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 79 80
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Lo Phi, regardless of how you wish to describe the process, I'm grateful for your assistance.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
F
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
F
Hi Alan, I totally agree with you, all DPs emit mechanical key noises to some degree, some more pronounced than others, but everyone does it anyway, but IMHO Kawai RHII (MP7 key action) is more silent hollow plastic DP key action available today, Roland RD800 key action is noisier than MP7, with clicks and clanks more audibles, size keys are exactly the same as the RD... and from my experience I consider RHII a very robust and reliable key action, maybe equal or stronger than others similar options as PHAIV or Yamaha NW. Have a nice day!...

A
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by Fer De Armas
and from my experience I consider RHII a very robust and reliable key action, maybe equal or stronger than others similar options as PHAIV or Yamaha NW. Have a nice day!...

Nonsense. You haven't owned pianos with all 3 actions - you wouldn't know which one is more durable. It's one thing to tell us in every post how great you think the RHII action is. It's another thing to just make up garbage about which one is stronger. Put a sock in it, would you?

R
R
Originally Posted by OneWatt
Originally Posted by r-m-s
Finally I did it. Here is a video. I wasn't able to record clicking due poor quality of the microphone on my mobile phone.

@r-m-s:

Thank you for posting the video. You may not like my response but it's my honest assessment ...

I see nothing unusual about the spacing of your keys as shown.

I misunderstood your prior post about getting your finger stuck between the keys as meaning that your finger was getting stuck in the EMPTY SPACE between two immediately adjacent keys, not in the area between two adjacent BLACK keys.

Getting one's fingers between two black keys near the back of the keyboard is not a defect, it's a common issue for those of us with wider fingers. Any full-sized piano keyboard with modern standard spacing will have virtually identical dimensions. This isn't a Kawai issue, it's due to the size of your fingers; FWIW, sometimes I get my fingers caught in there too depending on the angle of my hand/finger ;-)

As for the clicking noise, since there's no audio, we can't offer a reaction. However, it's hard to judge audio noises through video recordings anyhow since there are so many variables involved (proximity of microphone, ambient sounds, etc.) but if it's bothering you then the fact is it's bothering you and no one else's opinion is likely to make that issue stop.

Meanwhile, I do wish you the best with resolving your keyboard concerns.

- OneWatt

Thank you for your response. I'm sorry for misunderstanding, it's my fault. Probably my description should be better written. My English is quite rusty. Of course I understand that the problem with wider fingers, and since I'm a piano beginner, my fingers are caught and more than sometimes. But, Repetitio est mater studiorum, says the Latin proverb.
The fact is that playing on all D and A keys in the black zone is more comfortable than G keys, even with an angle. I get my fingers caught even when I press it right from the top, it's not happening D and A keys. I don't have this issue on my midi keyboard. My friend played on this piano two weeks ago (20 years of playing piano and countless gigs) and also noticed this issue, but he was not concerned so much about it because of its thin, long fingers. Also he never seen something like this, and I just wondered if anyone noticed this before. It's a absolutely strange and small difference in spacing not quite visible to the eye, but unfortunately, enough to irritate.
But who knows, maybe I'm too picky. smile Thank you for your good wishes.

R
R
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Hello r-m-s, welcome to the forum, and thank you for deciding to purchase the MP7.

I am sorry to read that you are not 100% satisfied with the instrument, however I wonder if you have had an opportunity to play-test other manufacturer's models, or indeed acoustic pianos for comparison?

Originally Posted by r-m-s
The space between the G-flat and A-flat is slightly narrower than the space between A-flat_B-flat and C-flat_D-flat through the entire range. Enough for the second and third fingers to get stuck in between. Is it normal for MP7, has anybody noticed it, or is it just on this device?

It is a little difficult for me to comment on specific cases without actually seeing and playing the instrument for myself, however watching your video I do not believe there is a problem with your MP7.

If you have any concerns regarding the instrument, my recommendation would be be to contact the dealer from whom it was purchased and/or the Kawai distributor in your country to seek assistance.

Kind regards,
Jamescertainly not on real acoustic piano. But I did not notice anything like on midi keyboard 2 workstations on which I had a chance to lay hands on (all semi-weighted). Of course, I will contact the dealer and I'm sure will be a superb assists. So far they were so professional and helpful. Definitely I only have compliments about them and service.
x

Kawai James
unfortunately lately I haven't had a chance to play on other DP, and certainly not on real acoustic piano. But I didn't notice anything like on midi keyboard 2 workstations on which I had a chance to lay hands on (all semi-weighted). Of course, I will contact the dealer and I'm sure will be a superb assists. So far they were so professional and helpful. Definitely I only have compliments about them and service.

Has anyone got a good mp7 setup to emulate a Vox Continental organ?

I've been trying some suggestions from the nord forum - but of course the settings don't really translate across.

with thanks
Caroline

L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
MP7 v1.13

RFE:
Recently I did a System Edit on the User Key Volume 1 (-> KeySetup) to compensate for a room effect. Works nicely on the external speakers. For the the headphones it is not good.

Since the UserKeyVolume-Setting in the Edit/KeySetup is not quickly accessible to switch forth and back between UserKeyVolumes for Headphones (OFF) and external Speakers (UserKeyVolume1), it would be nice to have the option to activate a separate profile of User Edits for external speakers only to compensate for a room effect.

Kind Regards,
Lo PHi

P
P
In the meantime, you could just save 2 setups of the same sound, 1 for room / 1 headphones, no ? :-)

L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
Oh. Setups, of course! Just did it and it works nicely.

Thank you, PhJ.

That went very quickly. Most of the time was used up by deleting the original name of the previous setup. I could not find a delete key, so I had to override everything with blanks.

The reason, why I did not think of Setups by myself, is, that I had given up on it, after all the troubles in the past and several times flashing an updated FW.

R
R
I have had my MP7 for almost a year now, and recently can hear a low frequency humming noise coming from the piano when it is powered on. The noise is not hard to notice but can be ignored during playing. Is this noise normal or something is fried inside my piano? Has anyone here had the same issue?

Thanks!

Rondo

L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
Is the humming originating from right side?

R
R
There is humming from both left and right sides. They sound a little different though, with the left being louder.

L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
IIRC on the right side is the mains transformer, which is prone to humming, due to its cheap construction using metal plates. It would be possible that the tranformer vibrates the whole top plate.

Just to be on the save side, I'd call in a tech or bring it in for repair, since the humming was not there from the beginning.

Besides,
on my 4th MP7, which is now about a year old, I experience intermittent muted keys. Contacting Kawai Service, so far it seems that things will get repaired smoothly.

L
L
Originally Posted by lophiomys
Besides,
on my 4th MP7, which is now about a year old, I experience intermittent muted keys. Contacting Kawai Service, so far it seems that things will get repaired smoothly.

4th MP7? That's really bad luck if you ask me. Glad to hear it's taken care of by Kawai.

I take my (first) MP7 from two years back to gigs every weekend. It never failed on me. Recently we played in a venue where the electric network was pretty bad. My Nord Electro 5D wouldn't even boot. The MP7 did great however. Also, it's not without a reason Matt Bellamy from Muse uses the MP's. He tends to stand (or even jump) on his piano quite often and then continues to use it throughout the concert:

(skip to 03:40)
[video:youtube]6IanMyZ_PM[/video]
URL: https://youtu.be/a6IanMyZ_PM?t=3m40s

That said, I hope everything works out for you in the end. My experience with Kawai's support (in my case about software related requests, in particular with Kawai James) is great.

Cheers

Last edited by Lennert; 04/08/16 07:49 AM.

Kawai MP5 & MP7; Nord Electro 5D 73sw; Roland VK8 & AX-Synth & FR1
Kawai MP7 setup exchange: https://www.facebook.com/groups/KawaiMP7/
L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
Unfortunately despite Kawai James' forthcoming service, the whole production system seems to be flawed. But as I have written above, all contacts regarding this new fault so far have been positive.

Probably the MP7 needs a regular shaking?

This Muse man is simply crazy, and about the only one, who I am aware of, is using a Kawai stage piano on stage. If my own MP7 should be bugging me some more in the future, I'll do the same as this Muse guy, and I'll report back, how it will have taken it. wink

B
B
Hi.

Is it possible to add new sounds in the MP7 (download from kawai for exemple, as Nord).

I wonder if the SK piano can be added by a software update.

Thank's.

Roland FP-90 / Native Instruments "NOIRE" / Garritan CFX Lite / Cubase Elements 9.5 / JBL LSR 305 / BeyerDynamic DT770 pro 80 ohms
L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
not that I am aware of. but you can connect any midi source or software piano. Also with the trick of a midi loop, you can activate some extra internal "standard" midi sounds, Pianoman Chuck has demonstrated this in a youtube video. HTH

I was begging in the past for the new SK piano samples for the MP7, but was told that would not be possible. Nowadays with the new competition of modeled digital pianos (by Physis and Roland and PianoTeq) it is a new situation altogether. We will probably have to wait for the successor of the MP7.

B
B
Thank's lophiomys.

I should wait this summer to try the Nord piano 3...
It's impossible for me to choose between ES8 and MP7 !
But both can't upgrade their sounds as Nord...
A Nord with a good heavy keyboard will rock !

Roland FP-90 / Native Instruments "NOIRE" / Garritan CFX Lite / Cubase Elements 9.5 / JBL LSR 305 / BeyerDynamic DT770 pro 80 ohms
I often switch between setups within a song to add some sound variation. Normally the first setup continues to ring - I can switch while holding - and then the new sound/setup will take over when the next note or chord is hit.

Since the latest firmware update - I can't seem to switch between organ setups without the sound cutting out entirely. Looking through the system utility menu - I have tried setting the SW2 button to setup+ - which does change the setup to the next in line - however the sound still cuts out.

Switching between non-organ sounds still works - eg. strings

Anyone got any ideas?
thanks

L
L
Originally Posted by bigbang
I should wait this summer to try the Nord piano 3...
It's impossible for me to choose between ES8 and MP7 !
But both can't upgrade their sounds as Nord...
A Nord with a good heavy keyboard will rock !

I've got both the MP7 (on stage) and the ES8 (at home). I also have a Nord (Electro 5D, but it can load all pianos from the library).

I'd really like to give you some advise, but it would require some more information on what you're planning to do with it. Playing classical pieces at home? Take it on tour in a band setting? Etc.

Ask me anything, I'll be glad to help.

Kawai MP5 & MP7; Nord Electro 5D 73sw; Roland VK8 & AX-Synth & FR1
Kawai MP7 setup exchange: https://www.facebook.com/groups/KawaiMP7/
Page 64 of 80 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 79 80

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Juggling Piano!
by Sam S - 06/14/21 07:25 PM
Please help: Kawai ST-1 (institutional) or K-300?
by SantaCecilia - 06/14/21 07:11 PM
Kawai VPC1 velocity curve
by luigigiul76 - 06/14/21 06:17 PM
Quality of the piano dealership shop
by lct14558 - 06/14/21 05:58 PM
Studio piano vsts? eg Ivory, Alicia's Keys
by MarkOfJohnson - 06/14/21 05:30 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics207,515
Posts3,103,690
Members101,811
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission