2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
56 members (antune, clothearednincompo, barbaram, beeboss, Anglagard44, Calavera, Dave Horne, 15 invisible), 1,357 guests, and 477 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
J
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
Originally Posted by phero
Hello fellow ES100 owners,

After careful consideration I have bought an ES-100. I like how it plays and sounds, but I do have a little issue with it. When playing certain keys, there is friction/noise, like the key is scratching the key next to it.

Here's a video. You may have to turn up the volume.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqqo7CRCSpo

Is this common, or do I have faulty keys? It's pretty noticeable during playing, and a bit annoying.

Sounds pretty much like mine does on all the keys. About the same as my real piano, I guess. Nice piano with earphones, not with its built-in speakers. Wearing earphones I can't hear a thing anyway. The action is very smooth, if obviously light for a piano.

Bach, A Sequenced Well-tempered Clavier Books I & II complete
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/HYEfX

Other piano works
https://www.youtube.com/c/BachIdealized/playlists

P
P
Thanks for the reply smile

Don't know if you noticed, but in the video I'm alternating between pushing a bit to the left (silent/smooth) and to the right (friction/noise). You need to turn up the volume to hear it, but perhaps you already did.

I hope it's normal, and that I'm just being paranoid. But I can definitely feel it, and only with certain keys.

J
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
Thanks for the reply smile

Don't know if you noticed, but in the video I'm alternating between pushing a bit to the left (silent/smooth) and to the right (friction/noise). You need to turn up the volume to hear it, but perhaps you already did.

I hope it's normal, and that I'm just being paranoid. But I can definitely feel it, and only with certain keys.

I would return it, then. Get one that's perfect. The key noise on mine is the same, top to bottom. I'm totally happy with the keyboard, actually (but only with earphones!!). Guess I got lucky???

Bach, A Sequenced Well-tempered Clavier Books I & II complete
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/HYEfX

Other piano works
https://www.youtube.com/c/BachIdealized/playlists

P
P
Originally Posted by johnlewisgrant
I would return it, then. Get one that's perfect. The key noise on mine is the same, top to bottom. I'm totally happy with the keyboard, actually (but only with earphones!!). Guess I got lucky???

Well, I'm trying to find out if this is just something that's part of the "design", or if my device is an anomaly. If more people have this "problem", then I can accept it more easily. If I'm the only one, then I'm strongly considering returning it.

S
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
S
My old (Kawai) MP9000 does it too - never noticed it until you pointed this out.

Greg.

This isn't a review, but I'm pretty decided on buying an ES100. There are a few "bundles" for the ES100, and I was wondering what everyone thought about them and whether the added components are worth the extra $60-$85. The two bundles, specifically, are:

Can anyone vouch for if they're decent for the price and a starting pianist, or would I be better off getting separate components?

J
jjo Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
Those bundles are being sold by Kraft Music. I know because of the Franklin, Wisconsin address. I've bought several keyboards from them and the service has always been great. Frankly, I'm not going to price the components for the bundles you're looking for, but I've always bought a bundle because I think you do save a few bucks. I'd recommend looking on their website as they may have other bundles. Also, knowing the people there, if there is one item in the bundle you don't want, but something else you could substitute, give them a call. They may customize a bundle for you. All in all, they are great folks to deal with. My most recent purchase there was an ES100! (although I didn't need a bundle for this).

N
N
Hello fellow ES100 owners,

After careful consideration I have bought an ES-100. I like how it plays and sounds, but I do have a little issue with it. When playing certain keys, there is friction/noise, like the key is scratching the key next to it.

Here's a video. You may have to turn up the volume. I'm alternating between pushing my finger a bit to the left (silent) and to the right (noise/friction).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqqo7CRCSpo

Is this common, or do I have faulty keys? It's pretty noticeable during playing, and a bit annoying.

Mine also does the same sound, it is distracting and noticeable when playing with the onboard speakers, it's weird because it kinda makes the key action feel a tad diferent.

I have no issues while using headphones, I dont notice it at all. grin

B
B
Can I replace keys on the es100. I'd like to be able to pop them out and dust them off. Also, some keys are sounding "crunchy", and 2 sag a little.
Especially Middle C and G. These are the notes students hit the most. Not enough to affect playing though. Or is some sagging inevitable, even on a grand piano? Maybe with more playing, all keys will sag the same amount so I won't notice it.
I've had it for 2 years now and am hoping I can keep it 10+ years as a student practice piano. So far it is working great. I just want to spiff up some keys.
I was at Guitar Center last week to see what might be better in the price range up to 2K. I still like the es 100 better.
-BP

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
BachPlus, thank you for your positive feedback about the ES100.

While it may be possible, I generally do not recommend that customers attempt to perform adjustments on the inner-workings of their digital piano - at least, not without some guidance from an experienced engineer.

My advice would be to give Kawai America a call, and ask to speak with one of their digital piano technicians. They may be able to offer some assistance regarding servicing under warranty.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
M
M
I don't know if this has been asked before...
Does ES100 accept MIDI pedal signal? I wonder if a midi triple pedal (perhaps DIY) can be used instead of the more expensive triple pedal that needs the Kawai stand.

Pianoteq / Kawai CL 35 & MP11 / Old 1920's Upright Zimmerman
Marcos, according to the ES100's MIDI implementation chart (page 57 of the owner's manual), the instrument will indeed respond to damper, soft, and sustain events received via MIDI.

However, I'm not sure there are too many triple pedal units that offer MIDI functionality, apart from the CME GPP-3.

Kind regards,
James
x

J
J
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Originally Posted by SJ88
Is the KDP90 a fair reflection of what I can expect the ES100 to feel and sound like?

Yes, as you note, they share the same core keyboard and sound technologies.

I wonder if it was possible to take the keyboard out from a KDP-90 and assemble it with an HML-1 stand)?
(For a digital piano which has its standard place but for occasionally using it as a portable one, still with a pedal).

Kawai KDP-90
Jasper, this will not be possible I'm afraid.

The KDP90's main body is a completely different size and shape to that of the ES100, so will not fit the HML-1.

Kind regards,
James
x

J
J
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Jasper, this will not be possible I'm afraid.

The KDP90's main body is a completely different size and shape to that of the ES100, so will not fit the HML-1.

Kind regards,
James
x

Thanks James.

In the meanwhile I checked my KDP-90 and remembered that this one seems to have its own pedal -- the connector is not the standard jack...

I think it could be a really nice feature to have an option of a "home" cabinet (a real cabinet) for an otherwise portable piano. I also understand that such a feature is not present even in far more expensive instruments...

Kawai KDP-90
Hello Jasper,

Originally Posted by Jasper E.
In the meanwhile I checked my KDP-90 and remembered that this one seems to have its own pedal -- the connector is not the standard jack...

Yes, that's correct.

Originally Posted by Jasper E.
I think it could be a really nice feature to have an option of a "home" cabinet (a real cabinet) for an otherwise portable piano. I also understand that such a feature is not present even in far more expensive instruments...

I believe this is why we produce dedicated stand and triple pedal accessories for models such as the ES100 and ES8.

Kind regards,
James
x

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recital #63 - Call for Submissions
by Sam S - 08/01/21 05:58 AM
Under-piano pedal wood replacement
by Js367 - 08/01/21 01:25 AM
Everett upright Regulation
by wenhen90 - 07/31/21 06:57 PM
Marx
by dolce sfogato - 07/31/21 04:05 PM
Self-teaching and looking for good exercises
by TORaptors2019 - 07/31/21 03:46 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics208,311
Posts3,118,013
Members102,295
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission