2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
39 members (Adem, CyberGene, clothearednincompo, Boboulus, Cutec, brennbaer, Alan3666, Carey, chaplincap, 9 invisible), 1,323 guests, and 657 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 23 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 22 23
G
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
G
I believe Mike Martin said the PX-560 would not be able to play back PX5S tones, but that the PX-560 would be capable of creating tones that would sound like they were made on the PX5S. By the way,you will find many of the same rhythms and accompaniments that other Casio products have. Many come from the WK series boards.

E
E
[img:right][Linked Image][/img]

[img:right][Linked Image][/img]

A couple of things I'd like to have cleared up,with regard to Casio's website.
First...if they don't have any videos available yet,why is there text stating that there are videos?
Second...the PX-560 is a workstation in every respect and in my opinion,less of a stage piano(due to considerably less physical control knobs and no faders whatsoever) and yet,it's categorized as a digital piano.
I know the concept in mind when it was concieved,was for it to be a hybrid of both...but that's not really case,is it?
I mean...no stage piano that I've ever seen,was a full blown workstation.

"If you have good musicians around you,there's nothing to say...if you don't,there's nothing you can say"

-Cab Calloway
E
E
Originally Posted by ElmerJFudd
I am still vague on wether the program file type and data between the PX-560 and the PX-5S is interchangeable.
Will these two boards be able to swap patches?

The 560 is very tempting but I may hold out for the 5S update/revision.

[Linked Image]

"If you have good musicians around you,there's nothing to say...if you don't,there's nothing you can say"

-Cab Calloway
E
E
As always,after a Namm show...the beloved "dating game"...to look forward to.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Elwood; 09/02/15 05:24 PM.

-Cab Calloway
E
E
Hmmm...I went through the manual of the PX-5S 3 times and there is no mention of INSERT EFFECTS.
I then went to BHPhotovideo.com and AmericanMusical.com and on their product pages,they have the PX-5S...as having 4 INSERT EFFECTS(for it's phrase sequencer.)
That said,does the PX-560 have at least have 4 INSERT EFFECTS in it's midi sequencer section??

-Cab Calloway
The PX-5S has a "DSP Effect" on each tone of the first four zones. I don't believe the word "INSERT" is used in the manual.

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
E
E
Originally Posted by Mike_Martin
The PX-5S has a "DSP Effect" on each tone of the first four zones. I don't believe the word "INSERT" is used in the manual.

I certainly couldn't find the *insert* anywhere in the manual and I would not expect to find this info in one of Casio's consumer grade workstations(however though,the PX-560 is every bit as professional as Korg & the like,so I fully expect Casio to provide such information.

I don't know...perhaps it's too early in the game,to expect detailed & accurate specs in the "prototype" stage(if in fact,it's still in the prototype stage)....but it would be nice to know exactly what I will be paying for,before I actually pay for it.

At this point(with retailers like GuitarCenter,advertising availability dates a full month before the "official" date),I guess there's no point in knocking myself out,trying to discern what to expect.

-Cab Calloway
E
E
Originally Posted by Dave Weiser
It's great to see Casio adding new tech/features. A new color touchscreen and associated UI work takes a sh*t ton of man-hours and planning to implement... which gives the impression that they'll be using this new platform for more (as yet unannounced) instruments in the upcoming year. I'm hoping that a new pro board is in the works now that they've got the platform up and running with a very nice full-featured home digital.

Well done Casio!

My sentiments exactly! I was hoping that Kurzweil would reach this stage of evolution,but it seems painfully clear,that the staff of Kurzweil are comfortable...nestled in their little niche in the live performance-only market.
I still miss the V.A.S.T. engine and some of the presets of Kurzweil keyboards...but with the direction Casio has undergone,I won't miss Kurzweil all that much now.

I am pleased to see Rich Formidoni as part of the Casio crew now,& I would be doubly pleased to see you move over to Casio as well!

Cheers,

Elwood

-Cab Calloway
E
E
Originally Posted by Kbeaumont
tought Korg had shown them the path to the light, but somehow they fail to acknowledge this... ARM processors are extremely powerfull at a faction of the cost of designing your own processors...

If that is so easy and cheap why does a Kronos 88 cost $3,699.99 and the PX5-s cost $999?

I realize this is an old post,but after just reading it...I had to chime in.
If you would have just taken a couple of minutes to take a glance at the Kronos's product page on Korg's website,it would answer your query in the most effective way.
Unlike the PX-5S,the Kronos has 9 sound engines,a 16 track midi sequencer,a 16 track audio recorder,21GB of preset wave-forms,the internal memory offers 62GB's of storage,unlooped piano samples that require no artificial simulations of the nuances of a real piano and the list goes on & on....
There is so much more to the Kronos,than just the cost of the weighted,hammer action keys.
Perhaps though...if Casio were to make the exact Kronos equivalent,they would do it at a lower cost...most likely.It would be very difficult to say though,as to just how much cheaper they could do it.

Last edited by Elwood; 09/19/15 10:40 AM.

-Cab Calloway
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Elwood

I am pleased to see Rich Formidoni as part of the Casio crew now,& I would be doubly pleased to see you move over to Casio as well!

Dave has been doing some contract and independent sound design work for the PX-5S for a while now. thumb

E
E
Originally Posted by Scott Hamlin
Originally Posted by Elwood

Dave has been doing some contract and independent sound design work for the PX-5S for a while now. thumb

Yeah...I recently visited Dave's FB page and I had asked him if he would be designing presets for the PX-560.

-Cab Calloway
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
It would be good to be able to play the PX-560 before getting one.
We should see them showing up soon, but even here in the greater NYC area, I wasn't able to find a local PX-5S to play on a showroom floor. PX-350 and the like yeah, but not the 5S.

But it's a pretty good guess that it will be very nice.
We know the action, the sounds, and PMChuck has done a nice video on the new UI with the CGP-700.

E
E
It would be good to be able to play the PX-560 before getting one.
We should see them showing up soon, but even here in the greater NYC area, I wasn't able to find a local PX-5S to play on a showroom floor. PX-350 and the like yeah, but not the 5S.

But it's a pretty good guess that it will be very nice.
We know the action, the sounds, and PMChuck has done a nice video on the new UI with the CGP-700.

One of the most compelling aspects of the PX-560,is that I am more confident about it's quality,than any other instrument I've considered or bought(without a hands-on demo beforehand.)
In recent years,I've tried many different midi controller keyboards,have owned quite a few and even my current one,will not hold a candle to the Casio's key-bed quality.
At the moment though,it's sort of a crap-shoot,as to what acoustic sounds(other than the piano & e.piano)...will be usable and/or impressive....but if I find at least half of the acoustic stuff impressive,I'll be very content.

-Cab Calloway
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
The acoustic pianos and EPs Casio put in the PX-5S are quite good.

Of course Stephen's playing helps the issue, and there are some more expensive boards that will do a nicer piano. But if you can't gig with this, it's not the sample library.

E
E
The month of October is 10 days away,not all of the music retailers even have a product page for the PX-560 and there are no product overview/tutorials for the Casio yet....I have a dreaded feeling,that we may not see this keyboard hit the stores for quite some time.

-Cab Calloway
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
No worries. Winter NAMM grows closer and closer... who knows what else CASIO shows up with (or for that matter everyone else).

E
E
No worries. Winter NAMM grows closer and closer... who knows what else CASIO shows up with (or for that matter everyone else).

Well....no doubt,that the Roland DS-88 will be showcased at the Winter Namm(& perhaps it will be available as of November)..but as for Casio,the PX-560 should definitely be available before then...but I don't think we'll be seeing anything more from Casio(certainly nothing more from their Privia line,beyond the PX-560.)

-Cab Calloway
The PX-560 will be shipping ON TIME in the month of October. [/end speculation]

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
E
E
Originally Posted by Mike_Martin
The PX-560 will be shipping ON TIME in the month of October. [/end speculation]

Thanks Mike...appreciate the heads up! [Linked Image]
I was worried there for a bit,as Zzounds.com and Americanmusical.com,still do not have product pages for the PX-560(despite the fact that they have everything else in the Privia line.)
I even called them about it,but they have no clue when they'll carry them,if at all. [Linked Image]

-Cab Calloway
E
E
Had a chance to check out the CGP-700 today.Didn't really have time to go into at great length,but about half the sounds I tried are exceptionally good,the display is very responsive & wonderfully simple and the key-bed is an absolute dream!
Up until today,Korg's SV1 stage piano has always had the best action(in my opinion)...but actually,the Casio's key-bed is every bit as good...in fact,I could not ask for a better tactile quality...in a keyboard...amazing!
The next 5 weeks,waiting for the PX-560 to arrive,will be the longest 5 weeks of my life!

Last edited by Elwood; 09/26/15 08:44 PM.

-Cab Calloway
Page 16 of 23 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 22 23

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
.nausicaa OP. (elementary version)
by WarDesu - 07/23/21 07:09 PM
Selling the sizzle if not the steak
by cfhosford - 07/23/21 06:25 PM
For the Experts
by Epee - 07/23/21 12:43 PM
Another question about piano positioning
by Cassia - 07/23/21 12:16 PM
1992 Yamaha C3 vs new CX2
by MusterMark - 07/23/21 10:19 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics208,177
Posts3,115,881
Members102,217
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission