2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
40 members (Doug M., Davidnewmind, Dfrankjazz, brdwyguy, busa, benkeys, Burkhard, David Boyce, 20/20 Vision, 5 invisible), 1,124 guests, and 281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
OP Offline
F
I got a final offer on c2x at $25,300 making the final total including tax delivery at $27,xxx. This is better than the original offer of 27,000 before tax. Should I go for this or take more time to search? I am having a trouble in decision making here. Any advice or suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks.

Ps. I looked up the phrase - if you feel froggy, jump! --which I did not know what that means as a person with English as a second language. I am about to jump!

S
S
Hi OP- I am another C2X owner here, who bought her piano just a few months ago. I was and still am absolutely thrilled to play it each day. I considered the C3X, but decided that model's length was too much for my small studio apartment. It helped that the dealer did a lousy prep job on the 3, while my 2 was absolutely perfect! Ultimately, you will not go wrong with either of these models. I was already a fan of the original C series, but the CX series is just better in my opinion. Factor in the price point, and I am a very happy pianist!! Best of luck to you and your son.

S
S
Originally Posted by StartwithBach
Hi OP- I am another C2X owner here, who bought her piano just a few months ago. I was and still am absolutely thrilled to play it each day. I considered the C3X, but decided that model's length was too much for my small studio apartment. It helped that the dealer did a lousy prep job on the 3, while my 2 was absolutely perfect! Ultimately, you will not go wrong with either of these models. I was already a fan of the original C series, but the CX series is just better in my opinion. Factor in the price point, and I am a very happy pianist!! Best of luck to you and your son.
I played my local shops new C3X, I think I've played an older C3 many years ago can't remember ,at first I couldn't bare the volume and intensity in his big open showroom but soon got used to it the second time I went (cause I was ready for the roar I was gonna get LOL).

I own an older 1989 G2B Disklavier that I bought af ew months ago ,the C3X is a beautiful piano but at the price they want these days it was way too deer for me, my G2 doesn't resonate up the back as the C3X does which is what I noticed right away when I played the C3X. My G2 was deafening at first in my tiny room but now I'm used to it as we've put the carpet under it LOL.

Sam The Bam
F
OP Offline
F
I want to update on my search. I had looked at the 19 years old C3 (that has not been tuned for 5 or more years) to see if I would like it. The owner asked for $13,000. After we looked at the C3, we went to another Yamaha dealer and we could get the better pricing in this store on C2x. At the end, we purchased C2X for $23,100 before tax and all (delivery and tuning..) $25,285. I know that there are lower offers but this was the best I could get in Midwest and I am happy for it. The piano will be delivered this Thursday and I can not wait for it. The dealer is only offering one tuning after 3 or 4 weeks of delivery. I hope it is good enough for this year. Please advise me what I need to do with this new piano.

And most importantly, thank you ALL for your expertise and advice. I would not have made this wise decision without all of you. Hope that my son can get the best of this piano.

p.s. When he tried C2X and C3X at the other dealer, he started liking C3X more so I had to remind him that he liked C2X (smile). However, I was so surprised to find big differences in same C2Xs in both sound as well as touch. We spent quite a time to choose one out of the three we liked most.

J
J
Congrats. C2x is lovely, and I'd have one in a heartbeat if I could comfortably fit one in my house. Seems like you've made a great choice for all the right reasons, and I'm sure you and your son enjoy it

Last edited by Jason74; 08/03/15 03:23 PM.
T
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
T
It sounds like you and your son have put a lot of thought and time into finding the right piano! I'm sure that your son will love playing it and it will help him develop his skills smile

My tech just came this weekend to tune my piano for the first time since it arrived, and recommended a room humidifier for the dry winter. Not sure what your home conditions are, but if you have big humidity changes, it will definitely affect the tuning. Also, you should plan to tune the piano more often in its first year (everyone seems to recommend 3-4x) to help it stabilize.

Congrats!!

2001 Petrof 125 -> 2002 Petrof IV -> 1999 Bösendorfer 225
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
As another C2X owner, congrats!

If you have time, see my post about my visit to the Yamaha Ginza store where I finally had the chance to compare a C2X and C3X side-by-side.

Yamaha C2X | Yamaha M500-F
Groucho Marx: "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Curriculum: Faber Developing Artist (Book 3)
Current: German Dance in D Major (Haydn) (OF); Melody (Schumann) (OF)
J
J
I am another C2X owner - it is a thrill to be able to play this piano everyday.. I was tempted to go for the cheaper Yamahas such as the the GB or the GC models but decided pay more and get the C2X. Totally worth it!

Yamaha C2X
Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Another revival ...

BruceD
- - - - -
Estonia 190
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Yep. Mandudez, congrats on a great instrument!

Yamaha C2X | Yamaha M500-F
Groucho Marx: "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Curriculum: Faber Developing Artist (Book 3)
Current: German Dance in D Major (Haydn) (OF); Melody (Schumann) (OF)
R
R
Thanks for this thread. It was helpful to me. I had found a C3X...but on the other side of the country AND they already had an interested buyer.

I then found a very nicely priced 5-year old but still new in showroom C2X..in my area. I was concerned that it would be lacking some bass and warmth, but I played it and was really moved by it. So I have a deposit on that instrument.

C3X guy comes back to me and says the it is still available and has lowered the price. Differential is only $3k. Given that fact alone, I would jump at the C3X (I'll be recording this piano, so the slight difference in sound is even more worth it), HOWEVER:

-I haven't played or seen the C3X in person. I would want to fly out and play it.
-There are the unknown perils of shipping, the time (not a big deal), and the price. So add $1 to 2k to the price?
-AND I had just barely convinced my wife that we could squeeze the C2X in this room and now I'm going to suddenly add 5 inches?

I think I know the answer to my choice. A bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush, eh!? I know I will love the C2X and I should just move forward, but I need to give this proper consideration. It's a big, longterm purchase. Any opinions?

8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
1. I have a C2 so I'm biased, but I would go with the C2X (bird in hand, as well as the price difference and the fact that you haven't played the C3).

2. If you want more answers to a question like this, you might consider starting a new thread rather than reviving a 6 year old one. smile

Either way, you have two great options to choose from, good luck!

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
R
R
Thanks, Shirokuro! Yea, I figured this thread was so on point I would chime in here. Nonetheless, yes, I think you are correct. C2X...

N
N
Go and get the C3X!!!! For me there was a big night and day difference between the sound of C2x and C3x. I had the same dilemma adding few more grand to the original budget but sleeping on it I decided that it's my long term piano so I won't skimp on few grand and have regrets every day thinking what if I got the C3x instead.

Where is the seller of the C3x located? I just saw the other day a 2019 C3X seller up north of California.

R
R
Yes, it's the one in Palo Alto. I'm in Chicago. Still toying around with it. I hear what you're saying too...

T
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by rheudabaga
-I haven't played or seen the C3X in person. I would want to fly out and play it.
-There are the unknown perils of shipping, the time (not a big deal), and the price. So add $1 to 2k to the price?
-AND I had just barely convinced my wife that we could squeeze the C2X in this room and now I'm going to suddenly add 5 inches?

I think I know the answer to my choice. A bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush, eh!? I know I will love the C2X and I should just move forward, but I need to give this proper consideration. It's a big, longterm purchase. Any opinions?

Get the C2X. You love this piano already. The other one requires a flight (and then you may not even love it) and then there's tons of logistics that need to be figured out, including payment! You're going to have to trust the seller if you're wiring over money and then getting the shipping set up. And while all that is getting sorted, if the deal falls through the C2X may not even be available anymore! It's just too complicated.

2001 Petrof 125 -> 2002 Petrof IV -> 1999 Bösendorfer 225
C
C
You can see by my signature that I'm a little biased, but when I was last piano shopping I played the C3X that was right next to the C2X I ultimately purchased and I did not like it enough to overcome the price difference. I've had my C2X for over 5 years now and have zero regrets. It's a lovely piano, it does everything I want it to do, and I think it has a really wonderful and satisfying sound. You say you were moved by the C2X, I think if you go forward with the purchase you'll be very happy with it.

B
B
Tough decision to make.

Twocats makes good points. After buying our C2X, I still checked out a few other piano stores that I didn't during my initial search. While there were some nice pianos, playing other brands and larger grands, none spoke to me like the one we purchased.

Seems like the question is if the C2X speaks to you enough to pull the trigger on it. If not, it's worth a flight and technician to check out the other piano.

Yamaha C2X
Yamaha P-125
R
R
Thanks for your opinions, folks. Very helpful.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission