2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
56 members (antune, clothearednincompo, barbaram, beeboss, Anglagard44, Calavera, Dave Horne, 15 invisible), 1,357 guests, and 477 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 23 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 22 23
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
[video:youtube]RRpfOiUM4g0[/video]

The first video of the PX-560M, and my it does look like Cool Blue on this one..

At 1:19, its clearly vissible that there is an arpeggiator choice..
Does every of the 4 tracks have an arpeggiator, or is there just a single arp?
And if i have no split point selected can i assign all 4 layers to the whole keyboard?
And is there also an option to assign 3 layers to up and 1 layer to down?
Just wondering... Might there also be a 2nd splitpoint hidden somewhere?

How many hex layers can there be used simultanously? Just 2 like on the px-5s seems logical to me. And would be compliant with the statement of 14 total layers.

Would it be possible to controll all six hex layers and the drawbars in real time using an external midi drawbar, or slider module?

As said earlier, it looks like this will come very close to the PX-5S in capabillities, but more aimed at home users then stage users...

Last edited by Bachus; 07/13/15 10:29 AM.
B
B
Originally Posted by Lester Burnham

Given ALL of that, I'm more likely to be convinced it is merely perspective and perception, and that once people have this seed planted in their minds, they cannot contextualise it and see past it, and some do truly focus on traits that either in the real world, or actual real use, don't make them true issues, even in the slightest.
You seem to have this "there's my opinion and the wrong one" mindset, which frankly is pointless to address. Believe whatever you want, done w/this

Originally Posted by Bachus

The first video of the PX-560M, and my it does look like Cool Blue on this one..

At 1:19, its clearly vissible that there is an arpeggiator choice..
Does every of the 4 tracks have an arpeggiator, or is there just a single arp?
And if i have no split point selected can i assign all 4 layers to the whole keyboard?
And is there also an option to assign 3 layers to up and 1 layer to down?
Just wondering... Might there also be a 2nd splitpoint hidden somewhere?

How many hex layers can there be used simultanously? Just 2 like on the px-5s seems logical to me. And would be compliant with the statement of 14 total layers.

Would it be possible to controll all six hex layers and the drawbars in real time using an external midi drawbar, or slider module?

As said earlier, it looks like this will come very close to the PX-5S in capabillities, but more aimed at home users then stage users...

There is one split point between the two Upper tones and the two lower. Hex Layer sounds can have splits within them. There is ONE arpeggiator on the PX-560 which can be assigned to a specific part or multiple parts at once.

The PX-560 can do 2 HexLayer tones at once - Hex Layers can have splits within them. It may be possible to control HexLayers via MIDI but I have not seen the full implementation guide yet.

Last edited by Mike_Martin; 07/13/15 12:38 PM.

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
Originally Posted by bill5
Originally Posted by Lester Burnham
Given ALL of that, I'm more likely to be convinced it is merely perspective and perception, and that once people have this seed planted in their minds, they cannot contextualise it and see past it, and some do truly focus on traits that either in the real world, or actual real use, don't make them true issues, even in the slightest.
You seem to have this "there's my opinion and the wrong one" mindset, which frankly is pointless to address.

Good job that's just your inference - like your take on the Casio action - rather than something masquerading as fact.

In this instance, I've given context - I put the cat among the pidgeons with the notion of action noise, in comparison to the Casio models' peers, and also in comparison with the noise of the action on acoustic pianos. And I also pointed out, also bolstered by another contributor in this thread, that real, acoustic pianos often exhibit some side-to-side movement in the keys.

That's not merely my opinion - that's things that can be independently verified - and in the case of key movement on acoustic pianos, was, within the context of this thread.

Originally Posted by bill5
Believe whatever you want, done w/this

And likewise, you're free to believe whatever you want, too - just not free to misrepresent my "mindset".

A
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by Mike_Martin
All of that information is correct, although the sound editing is about the same. One difference is the PX-5S has 4 arpeggiators / phrases. These are used as an important sound design tool on the PX-5s.

So in terms of the sounds themselves, does that mean that all the tone editing (including hexlayers) that is available on the PX-5S is also available on the PX-560? So what's "missing" sound-wise is just what can be added via the Stage Settings (i.e. layering more than two tones, master EQ/compression)? (I'm just talking about the actual sounds here... I understand that the Stage Settings can also include the arpeggiation/phrases, MIDI parameters, controller assignments...)

Can the PX-560 load tones from (or designed for) the PX-5S?

And while I understand it doesn't have the MIDI functionality of the PX-5S, can you at least store MIDI Program Changes as part of Registrations on the 560? Even just a single program change over the global MIDI transmit channel would be better than nothing... though of course it would be better if it could include separate Program Changes for Upper and Lower on their own channels. Other than that, volume, octave transposition, and whether or not to respond to sustain pedal would be nice. Obviously it still wouldn't be a PX-5S with its 4 independent zones, and all the MIDI-definable knobs and sliders, but there's a lot of room between that and nothing, and it would be nice if the PX-560 were at least somewhere in between...

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by Doritos Flavoured
the PX-850 has continuous pedaling - even calibrated on pianoteq. I believe only the 150 doesn't.

Do any of the new models have the above - support continuous position of the damper pedal - even calibrated on pianoteq?

The heavens declare the glory of God;
and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by anotherscott
All of that information is correct, although the sound editing is about the same. One difference is the PX-5S has 4 arpeggiators / phrases. These are used as an important sound design tool on the PX-5s.

So in terms of the sounds themselves, does that mean that all the tone editing (including hexlayers) that is available on the PX-5S is also available on the PX-560? So what's "missing" sound-wise is just what can be added via the Stage Settings (i.e. layering more than two tones, master EQ/compression)? (I'm just talking about the actual sounds here... I understand that the Stage Settings can also include the arpeggiation/phrases, MIDI parameters, controller assignments...)

And while I understand it doesn't have the MIDI functionality of the PX-5S, can you at least store MIDI Program Changes as part of Registrations on the 560? Even just a single program change over the global MIDI transmit channel would be better than nothing... though of course it would be better if it could include separate Program Changes for Upper and Lower on their own channels. Other than that, volume, octave transposition, and whether or not to respond to sustain pedal would be nice. Obviously it still wouldn't be a PX-5S with its 4 independent zones, and all the MIDI-definable knobs and sliders, but there's a lot of room between that and nothing, and it would be nice if the PX-560 were at least somewhere in between...

I think the question if the 560 can load tones from the px5s library has allready been answered possitive by Martin

R
R
Question for Mike Martin, ..? How loud are the internal speakers? As points of reference, I tried a px 350 and was underwhelmed with the volume from the onboard speakers. I own a wk7600 and have been pleasantly surprised with the volume and quality of the speakers. For practical use, such as the many jam sessions I go to, I consider the WK7600 as having the minimal volume that works for me. So my question is, does the px 360 and 560 go at least as loud as the WK7600 using the onboard speakers? This is a buying decision for me as I want an upgrade from the WK7600 (keybed, sounds, fx control) but need good onboard speakers.

Randy
Kawai ES110/ES920, Casio CT-X5000
Flute / Alto recorder / Melodica / iPad music apps
Originally Posted by anotherscott

The TONE editing is the same but PX-5S is still more flexible in terms of zoning so the PX-5S is still more flexible in this regard.

In its current software no, this is not possible. I'm trying to confirm if this will be implemented or not. The internal ROM is quite different actually.

Pedal assignments per Upper 1-2/Lower 1-2, octave switching as well as knob and wheel assignments are all stored as part of a registration. In the current software it does not have external MIDI program changes as part of the Registration - at least from what I was able to see in the brief time I've had with it. Again nothing is final at this point but I would not expect the PX-560 to be a MIDI controller like the PX-5S.

Last edited by Mike_Martin; 07/14/15 08:47 AM.

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
Originally Posted by Randyman
Question for Mike Martin,
..? How loud are the internal speakers?
As points of reference, I tried a px 350 and was underwhelmed with the volume from the onboard speakers. I own a wk7600 and have been pleasantly surprised with the volume and quality of the speakers. For practical use, such as the many jam sessions I go to, I consider the WK7600 as having the minimal volume that works for me.

So my question is, does the px 360 and 560 go at least as loud as the WK7600 using the onboard speakers? This is a buying decision for me as I want an upgrade from the WK7600 (keybed, sounds, fx control) but need good onboard speakers.

The speakers in the PX-360 and PX-560 are much better than the PX-350. I have not had it next to the WK-7600 to compare yet.

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums

I think the question if the 560 can load tones from the px5s library has allready been answered possitive by Martin

No it hasn't. Again I said at this time it does not. I'm not sure this will be possible as the ROM in the two instruments is very different. I will let you know when the answer is definitive.

Last edited by Mike_Martin; 07/14/15 08:53 AM.

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

No it hasn't. Again I said at this time it does not. I'm not sure this will be possible as the ROM in the two instruments is very different. I will let you know when the answer is definitive.

I am really sorry for that, i am still quite sure i saw a confirmation of that somewhere, but it was obviously not you.

So for now, the answer is no, to bad...

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Closer look at the synth and the screen.

Last edited by ElmerJFudd; 07/14/15 06:05 PM.
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

I am really sorry for that, i am still quite sure i saw a confirmation of that somewhere...

Perhaps you may wish to consider double-checking exactly where you read/heard these details before posting (providing a source link is often a good idea) to ensure the information is accurate.

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
R
R
So, just to be clear, the piano technology and keybed of the px 560 is what Casio has already developed? I understand that Casio includes more or less of the piano tech depending on the model, but is any of it new? It seems like they've incorporated a lot of piano tech, which could mean its geared towards the classical player? Things like string resonance and half pedaling can be really striking, but is mostly heard in quieter moments.

Randy
Kawai ES110/ES920, Casio CT-X5000
Flute / Alto recorder / Melodica / iPad music apps
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Nice expensive toy wink

If the piano is the King of instruments then I am its loyal servant.

Currently on Barratt Classic Piano Course book 1

My Facebook Piano Group
G
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
G
Nice piano, but less flexibility than a 5s and it can't import any sounds from the 5s and not really a midi controller with 4 zones. Nice UI but $1200 is steep for what seems to be a cousin to the 5s for more money. Not sure if it is a new piano sample or the one from the X50 series. No mention of improvements to action or sound. If this goes for $1200 what will the replacement for the 5s cost? Looks like Casio is abandoning their low pricing stragety and testing the waters. Like the new UI, but not sure about the rest.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by galaxy4t
Nice piano, but less flexibility than a 5s and it can't import any sounds from the 5s and not really a midi controller with 4 zones. Nice UI but $1200 is steep for what seems to be a cousin to the 5s for more money. Not sure if it is a new piano sample or the one from the X50 series. No mention of improvements to action or sound. If this goes for $1200 what will the replacement for the 5s cost? Looks like Casio is abandoning their low pricing stragety and testing the waters. Like the new UI, but not sure about the rest.

Sheesh, I don't know how fair a comment this is on Casio's pricing. Casio has been offering good value in electronic keyboards for a very long time now. The Privia line they have today is priced very aggressively.

The PX-160 has a street price of $499. That has forced Yamaha to drop price $100 on their P-105 to match (which has shifted the market).
The new PX-360 has a debut price of $899 offering a color touch screen UI, triple sensor action, damper noise & resonance, half damper operation, 550 built in tones, etc. etc. And the PX-560 is offering most everything from their award winning PX-5S and the PX-360 in one keyboard + they've been listening to their customers and have added stuff (like the expression pedal input, dedicated transpose buttons, etc), at a debut street price of $1199? And this is means they are, "abandoning their low pricing stragety and testing the waters?" $100 more?

The PX-5S have been so disruptive to the stage piano market, it's shaken up product schedules and price cuts at all the major manufacturers. Like Yamaha's CP-40 that debuted at $1699 - now it's $1399. Roland RD300nx is down to $1299. They are all scrambling to offer more high end features at a lighter weight and better price point. And now they are going to have to figure out how to incorporate a touch screen UI that's better than what Casio has come up with. If the PX-7S (or whatever it is going to be called) is anywhere from $1199 to $1399 Casio is still the better value. YMMV

Last edited by ElmerJFudd; 07/15/15 09:36 PM.
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Yes, but haven't DPs been way overpriced for too long now? Particularly for what we get absolutely rather than relatively? Casio putting touch screens on their stuff and charging more seems like a step back to me, like they are starting to play the same stupid game all the other big players play. Someone really needs to shake up the market by offering better sound at a reasonable price, rather than iPad app access to the crummy gamut of sounds we are eternally offered. Why is every, and I mean every, NAMM an almost complete non-event? I was hoping Casio would be the dark horse that came through and cracked the nut, but it's starting to seem like they don't have any real fire in the belly. I'd be very happy to be wrong. What is so hard about a $10 ARM and $5 worth of Flash? You'd think they were radioactive.

P
P
Originally Posted by dewster
Yes, but haven't DPs been way overpriced for too long now? Particularly for what we get absolutely rather than relatively? Casio putting touch screens on their stuff and charging more seems like a step back to me, like they are starting to play the same stupid game all the other big players play. Someone really needs to shake up the market by offering better sound at a reasonable price, rather than iPad app access to the crummy gamut of sounds we are eternally offered. Why is every, and I mean every, NAMM an almost complete non-event? I was hoping Casio would be the dark horse that came through and cracked the nut, but it's starting to seem like they don't have any real fire in the belly. I'd be very happy to be wrong. What is so hard about a $10 ARM and $5 worth of Flash? You'd think they were radioactive.

Couldn't agree more. I don't have anything to add.

"But its got a crap keyboard action Dave ... no amount of great sounds help that."
Dr. Popper

Piano Student at University of São Paulo - Ribeirão Preto
Music Education Major Diploma at Music Department of FFCLRP - University of São Paulo
Ronisch Upright, P140 and DGX-670

Page 6 of 23 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 22 23

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recital #63 - Call for Submissions
by Sam S - 08/01/21 05:58 AM
Under-piano pedal wood replacement
by Js367 - 08/01/21 01:25 AM
Everett upright Regulation
by wenhen90 - 07/31/21 06:57 PM
Marx
by dolce sfogato - 07/31/21 04:05 PM
Self-teaching and looking for good exercises
by TORaptors2019 - 07/31/21 03:46 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics208,311
Posts3,118,013
Members102,295
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission