2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
78 members (Blague, AlphaBravoCharlie, Bill McKaig,RPT, BlakeOR, AdamJ, 36251, astrotoy, 18 invisible), 1,075 guests, and 520 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 52 of 80 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 79 80
Thanks a lot James !! for this complete answer !! I already love the support of Kawaî smile

I'm really exited about the coming of my MP7 !!!!!!!!

i will ask more on this site when i will have my keyboard in hand... for sharing your great answers with other members ! Its so helpful really appreciate this site and the way you share your knowledge

"la vie c'est comme une dent ..." Boris Vian
MP7 the killer one
[Linked Image]

ok its not fun blush =>

Last edited by armani; 04/20/15 07:55 AM.

T
T
Originally Posted by armani
MP7 the killer one
[Linked Image]

ok its not fun blush =>

HAHA, I read that as "killer TONE." thumb

Korg SV-1. I distribute and upgrade 10-string harps:
http://www.yerubilee.com/?page_id=777

NEW, for Kawai MP Users--> https://www.facebook.com/groups/KawaiMPusers/
Formerly: Fender Rhodes MkII, Roland Juno 6, Waldorf Pulse+.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Originally Posted by PV1
Do you think the action is suitable for playing other virtual instruments such as orchestral VST's and synths? What about DAW controlling?

Yes, the MP7's MIDI controller functionality is very strong.

For playing synth VIs (Omnisphere?), the ability to select a higher 'trigger' point for the keyboard will allow a very light, almost semi-weighted feel for leads.

As for DAW control, the 4-zone MIDI control with assignable parameters will also be very useful. There are also the MMC panel buttons for playback/stop/record etc. controls.

Kind regards,
James
x

I tested this on an MP7 and i think it works perfect when you get used to it, keeps you wondering why the MP7 is the only keyboard with this feature... Works great for synth and espescially organ sounds..

T
T

In the meantime, there is always the Kawai MP facebook page - if users wish to post demos and new sounds there, they're free to do so.

Cheers,
James
x

Well, seeing that there's no "files" section on the official MP page on Facebook, I went ahead and started a Kawai MP Users group on facebook. This can be a place to share settings files. I hope it helps someone.

Drop in, upload something, and invite your friends:

Kawai MP Users

It's a closed group so that your entire FB friends list won't be bothered by your posts in the group.

Theres already a recent facebook for that sharing if it can add more setup no problem but maybe too much could diluate it

From one member of the site: Lennert

https://www.facebook.com/groups/KawaiMP7/

T
T
That's a pretty meager "sharing" community out there for MP7/11 settings.

I can think of three or four possible reasons, organized by letters A-D, just like the 4 sounds of an MP7 bank:

A) Sharing is not so necessary, when on the fly adjustments are so easy on the MP7.

B) Nord users and Korg SV-1 users are more accustomed to hooking their instruments up to the computer. MP7/11 users rarely do so.

C) MP7/11 users are not nearly as excited about their instruments as Nord and SV-1 users. f

D) MP7/11 users are not nearly as generous in sharing as others. bah

I don't know which of these ideas are bogus, and which ones are complete nonsense. thumb

Bronze Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Bronze Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by teddyc1

I can think of three or four possible reasons, organized by letters A-D, just like the 4 sounds of an MP7 bank:

A) Sharing is not so necessary, when on the fly adjustments are so easy on the MP7.

B) Nord users and Korg SV-1 users are more accustomed to hooking their instruments up to the computer. MP7/11 users rarely do so.

C) MP7/11 users are not nearly as excited about their instruments as Nord and SV-1 users. f

I don't know which of these ideas are bogus, and which ones are complete nonsense. thumb

I do like your # system so I'll take a guess on each...

A) On the fly adjustments are easy with most every DP, so probably not a distinction here.

B) My MP7 is glued to my studio Mac where I also use it as a controller; no lack of connectivity.

C) Perhaps since many of us MP owners seem to be older, we're just as excited but somewhat less excitable?

D) No lack of folks ready to pitch in to help solve a problem...

And some of us have tried to start threads on settings, share SETUPS, etc. but they never seem to get any traction. Perhaps most of us are too busy playing our keyboards wink

-OneWatt

I would add:
E) not confident in the applicability of their setups for others - I had been playing only acoustic pianos until a year ago when I joined a band. I rented keyboards (Nord, Korg) until deciding to purchase the mp7. I develop setups for our tunes - and am very appreciative when someone posts their tweaks. It is a way for me to learn from their adjustments. There are no real resources for newbies - and it's a very steep learning curve. Hoping to try Onewatt's B3 suggestions tomorrow in a band setting - which is always so different than in my headphones.

Many thanks to those who post suggestions!
Caroline

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Mistaya

I would add:
E) not confident in the applicability of their setups for others - I had been playing only acoustic pianos until a year ago when I joined a band. I rented keyboards (Nord, Korg) until deciding to purchase the mp7. I develop setups for our tunes - and am very appreciative when someone posts their tweaks. It is a way for me to learn from their adjustments. There are no real resources for newbies - and it's a very steep learning curve. Hoping to try Onewatt's B3 suggestions tomorrow in a band setting - which is always so different than in my headphones.

Many thanks to those who post suggestions!
Caroline

Or you could make that

E) Are much more innovative and adventurous because they allways try to come up with their very own settings, digging deep into the instrument and creating their very own sound..

T
T
Originally Posted by OneWatt

I do like your # system so I'll take a guess on each...

A) On the fly adjustments are easy with most every DP, so probably not a distinction here.

B) My MP7 is glued to my studio Mac where I also use it as a controller; no lack of connectivity.

C) Perhaps since many of us MP owners seem to be older, we're just as excited but somewhat less excitable?

D) No lack of folks ready to pitch in to help solve a problem...

And some of us have tried to start threads on settings, share SETUPS, etc. but they never seem to get any traction. Perhaps most of us are too busy playing our keyboards wink

-OneWatt

Great answers! Interesting, as well as Caroline's (E) in the post afterward.

I would add that (B) connectivity is even better on the MP7, because SETUPS can also be stored on a usb thumb drive directly from the MP7, in addition to the USB cable conduit to the computer. And A, C, and D answers seem equally reasonable.

As to SETUPS on threads, well... This here thread is now 35 pages long, and I've found only one SETUP in the whole thread, and that was by painstakingly reading many many pages, which I wanted to do anyway. There might be more buried in there, somewhere.

I'd say that SETUPS posted on threads are never going to get any traction, because it's too difficult to find them there. I'm proficient with search and google search, and I'm coming up with zilch, practically.

Perhaps the "older" users don't recognize that a Facebook group or dedicated MP7/11 website would be MUCH easier for posting SETUPs?

Suggestion: Every time anyone here happens across a .kv6 file, pick a Facebook group for MP7 (doesn't have to be mine), Join up, and post it there in the "Files" section.

I'm sure that discussions, reviews, first impressions etc. are better off written here and in Keyboard Corner, rather than Facebook, just because forums allow for longer posts, which get unwieldy on Facebook. But SETUP files get lost in forums, so lacking a dedicated MP7 website, Facebook group is the best place for those files to reside.

Here are the Facebook groups of which I have become aware, no thanks to Facebook search, but thanks to kindly others who have specifically directed me there:

55 members, and the admin can't seem to approve my "Join" request, even after three days, but hey, maybe the group is awesome, I can't tell:
MP7 Community

Active since January 2015, and only 11 members, and I can only see one post??!! Here it is:
Kawai MP7 Exchange

And finally, my group, and I *will* approve your "join" request *quickly*:
Kawai MP Users.

Best regards to all. 3hearts

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
teddyc1, thank you for your efforts.

Unfortunately, I am unable to access any of these Facebook groups using VPC/MP login.
Clicking the link just takes me to the administration page for those two pages.

I'm also unable to add a files section to the existing Kawai MP Facebook page, for whatever reason...if I could, I expect there would be no need for these spin-off groups.

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
T
T
teddyc1, thank you for your efforts.

Unfortunately, I am unable to access any of these Facebook groups using VPC/MP login.
Clicking the link just takes me to the administration page for those two pages.

I'm also unable to add a files section to the existing Kawai MP Facebook page, for whatever reason...if I could, I expect there would be no need for these spin-off groups.

Cheers,
James
x

Hi James, thanks, and yes I trust that you would have done it by now if you could. However, afaik, Facebook does not allow "band pages" or "product pages" to have a Files section, only "groups" can have files, but not mp3s.

As for your logging in, I'd guess that's because Facebook doesn't want "products" to be able to spam "groups." If you want to see what's in a group, you'd have to create a personal account on Facebook and log in from there.

P.S. James, if you prefer to personally stay off Facebook for any reason, you could always PM Setup files to me or post them here on the thread, and one of us will move them over to the Files section of the Facebook group.

P.P.S. I'm pleased to report that Lennert has joined the group and is fine with us hosting his Setup there. He's even added his instructions. So far, we've got four Setup files there and we hope you guys will contribute more.

L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
Hi,
because teddy mentioned USB:
A month and a halve has passed, since the last Firmware for the MP7 was released.

Are there any news regarding some bug-fixes regarding the flaky USB-recording?

Kind Regards,
Lo PHi

It's too bad Facebook will be the sharing platform - some of us choose not to join for various reasons (not age...). Maybe a kid will pass setups on to me....

Caroline

Bronze Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Bronze Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
It's too bad Facebook will be the sharing platform - some of us choose not to join for various reasons (not age...). Maybe a kid will pass setups on to me....

Caroline

Yes, -1 for Facebook. wink

(... and just because "billions are served" doesn't make it a good hamburger either)

T
T
Originally Posted by OneWatt

Caroline

Yes, -1 for Facebook. wink

(... and just because "billions are served" doesn't make it a good hamburger either)

No Facebook? Ok, no problem. Just PM me your email address, and I'll give you access to a Dropbox folder which contains all the files. You'll be able to help yourself to the files, contribute files, and invite others to the folder, too.

It'll work just fine! You'll even be able to read and leave comments about each file, for all to see.

shocked wow

Other than that, there's always postcards… smirk

You seems really the more active about those mk6 files sharing idea !! great !!

I will try to share mine too ... waiting for the device first ... the killer tone mp7 is in command...

Someone have any idea of the number of MP7 sold for the moment ?? Such a little group of people and such less active in forums in comparison of keyboardist playing Nord or Korg as Teddy was pointing it.

T
T
Well, even though there might be some truth to both of the (E) ideas above, when I read thru 15 or so pages of this mammoth 35-page thread, I saw the issue had come up several times.

It seemed that people *did* want a place to share Setup files, after all.

So now, we have two ways to do this: PM your email to me (or to one of us already in the shared folder) to receive an invitation link via email to join the folder.

If you prefer to use Facebook, try
Kawai MP Users.

Hehe my killer mp7 is home now !!
Can t resist shouting my joy of playing on ... so gorgeous sounding .... and so nice under ther fingers..I was fearing be limited and frustrated after trying the MP11 in the store .. but no.. the pleasure on this keybed is here .. and the drawbar organ is so cooolll

a little humm noise coming out from on the transformer is the only little bad thing for the moment... may i hope it will decrease in time ?

Page 52 of 80 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 79 80

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How loud is a harpsichord?
by D959 - 06/22/21 05:17 PM
Just Completed My 42 Week Pandemic Teaching Project
by tonystride - 06/22/21 03:41 PM
Kawai NV5 Users Group
by JBishop - 06/22/21 03:28 PM
Vax77 Folding Piano Review 2021
by AlphaTerminus - 06/22/21 01:12 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics207,655
Posts3,106,303
Members101,884
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission