2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
58 members (accordeur, brdwyguy, Carey, AlkansBookcase, 20/20 Vision, Charles Cohen, 36251, benkeys, bcalvanese, 6 invisible), 1,908 guests, and 290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 80 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 79 80
V
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
V
Does the MP7 have white keys and black keys? And which other Kawai pianos also have black keys?

"you don't need to have been a rabbit in order to become a veterinarian"

mabraman, 2015
W
W
Originally Posted by voxpops
Does the MP7 have white keys and black keys?

No unfortunately it has black keys and white keys smile.

And which other Kawai pianos also have black keys?

They all do unless you clean the keys with bleach or leave the keyboard in strong sunlight for extended periods of time. smile.

willf
B
B
David (and James and whomever),
What am I giving up with the MP7 action vs the MP11 action?
What other things does one give up with the MP7 over the MP11?
Besides less expensive, better availability and less weight, what other advantages does the MP7 have over the MP11?

Has anyone heard when the MP11 will again be available. Sweetwater told me some time back that they didn't expect any until some time in July. James, any info on this and why the production appears held up?

Thanks

M
M
Originally Posted by jeffreyfranz
Originally Posted by MiguelAngel07
Are there any Kawai DPs with balanced line out jacks? How about the MP11?

Yes.

You know, I don't want to be unfriendly, but the simplest of searches or a quick and easy visit to the Kawai site would yield this information.

Miguel, this is not aimed solely at you or to embarrass you. Time after time people ask questions repeatedly, some folks at very great length, when much of the information they seek is readily available with a little effort. I guess it's easier to post a question. smile

Hello Jeffrey

No embarassment or offense taken since you have a right to your opinion. Having said that, I do believe that this particular fact about the MP11 will be made known to a lot more people due to the simple fact that the question was asked and answered here.

Best Regards

Miguel Angel

M
M
Does the MP7 have white keys and black keys? And which other Kawai pianos also have black keys?

For sarcasm to really work it has to have its own undelying internal logic, which is not the case here since very few DP have balanced line outs while all pianos have black keys. Nice try thou !!!

M
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by BarryDMD
How is the RH2 action ?

barrydmd

I have the ES7 which has the same action. Great feel and triple sensor allows for a lot of control. I find the feel and weight similar to Roland's PHA3 (opinions may vary).

The good news is after playing the RH2 with heavy use for over 1000 it's still feels like the day I bought it 18 months ago. No thumping or clicking. Very solid board. Just a very slight wear on some of the keys. Maybe I shouldn't say "wear" just has bit shine where my fingers commonly hits the keys.

I would only imagine the MP7 keys/keybed being as good or even better as it is more intended for stage use where the ES7 which is better designed for home use. Except for me wink

Last edited by Marko in Boston; 04/25/14 07:27 PM.
T
T
My MP7 will be here on Monday...I just can't wait !!!

Sorry , I had to say it.

Fantom X8 , Motif es6 , CME UF80 v2 , Kawai MP7

Ivory II american D ,Vi labs Ravenscroft 275, KAWAI Ex pro Acoustisamples ,Alicia Keys ,Imperfect samples (Fazioli, Steinway Concert Grand), Addictive keys...
V
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
V

For sarcasm to really work it has to have its own undelying internal logic, which is not the case here since very few DP have balanced line outs while all pianos have black keys. Nice try thou !!!

wink

Wasn't really trying to be sarcastic, Miguel. Just having a bit of fun.

mabraman, 2015
V
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
V
Originally Posted by Tritok

Sorry , I had to say it.

I don't blame you... Congrats!! I'm still sitting here on the fence, waiting for someone to push me one way or the other.

mabraman, 2015
P
P
James,

The section about the "New Audio Engine "

Refers to the MP11 not MP7...

Needs an edit

Sorry to find more work for you.

R
R

Sorry , I had to say it.

I don't blame you... Congrats!! I'm still sitting here on the fence, waiting for someone to push me one way or the other.

I have been in the same boat ever since I purchased a Yamaha CP4 and returned it. I knew Kawai was releasing an update to the MP6 this year but was becoming impatient. After checking out the website and learning that Kawai did not compromise the sound engine (like the MP10 to the MP6) , but added more.....I ended up purchasing the MP7 from Kraft Music today. It shipped today so it should arrive early next week. I can't wait, I might retire my CP5 to "rarely used" in my house. I was thinking about the MP11, but I intend on gigging with the MP7, plus I just did a gig where I needed a full sound set and more keys than my RD-64 and the CP5 was a beast to haul. The reduced weight and dimensions of the MP7 will be welcomed. Plus I look forward to using the impressive "virtual technician" parameters to dial in the tone that I want.

Rhodes MkII Stage 73, Yamaha CP4, Yamaha Reface CP + DX
M
M

wink

Wasn't really trying to be sarcastic, Miguel. Just having a bit of fun.

No problem at all voxpops, it's all good !!!

R
R
I was wondering the same thing as Miguel, and I'm curious as to where you found this information on the Kawai website. The only information I've found there was the line "Jacks: Line Out 6,3mm (L/Mono,R or 2xMono)" which certainly does not explicitly say either unbalanced TS or balanced TRS jacks. Also, I've searched the manual for the same information, without luck. So, it was informative (though not surprising) to hear that it only had unbalanced jacks.

puff #2267211 04/26/14 01:57 AM
P
P
Hello Kawai James,

Just ordered my MP7. Yay!! Are you able to tell me the dimensions of the MP7 when packaged? Seeing as I'm now on the poverty-line, I'd like to attempt to pick the unit up from the dealer rather than paying for delivery. I'm wondering if it will fit in my car.

Thanks in advance.

PS. I've enjoyed your informative posts immensely during my recent bout of Gear Acquisition Syndrome (GAS)

Patrick

Kawai MP7, Roland JUNO DS-88

[Linked Image]
puff #2267244 04/26/14 05:47 AM
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by puff
James,

The section about the "New Audio Engine "

Refers to the MP11 not MP7...

Needs an edit

Sorry to find more work for you.

Woah, I'm not sure how that happened - looks like the wrong text was being used for that explanation.

I saw your post in the morning while I was on my way out. I've been at the park all day, but have nipped into the office to upload the correct text.

Thank you for spotting the error!

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
Originally Posted by rickard
I was wondering the same thing as Miguel, and I'm curious as to where you found this information on the Kawai website. The only information I've found there was the line "Jacks: Line Out 6,3mm (L/Mono,R or 2xMono)" which certainly does not explicitly say either unbalanced TS or balanced TRS jacks. Also, I've searched the manual for the same information, without luck. So, it was informative (though not surprising) to hear that it only had unbalanced jacks.

I believe Miguel's query was related to whether or not the MP11 has XLR jacks - a point that is clearly stated on the website's 'Features' and 'Specifications' page.

However, Tritok's query regarding whether the MP7's output jacks are balanced or unbalanced is valid, so I've added this information to the website's specifications pages.

Thank you for the useful suggestion.

Kind regards,
James
x

T
T
Thank you , James , I'm a little proud of being part of the process ! wink

Fantom X8 , Motif es6 , CME UF80 v2 , Kawai MP7

Ivory II american D ,Vi labs Ravenscroft 275, KAWAI Ex pro Acoustisamples ,Alicia Keys ,Imperfect samples (Fazioli, Steinway Concert Grand), Addictive keys...
D
D
Kawai James, maybe a stupid question but can you use the headphone output on the mp7 to an active speaker/monitor and at the same time have it connected to the main mixer with the l/r outputs.

The reason I wonder is that I would like to have a personal monitor when playing live.

/David

P
P

Sorry , I had to say it.

I know how you feel. I'm waiting for mine - hoping the Australia stockists have been well supplied. Ah well, I'll have memorised the user manual by the time it gets here.

Patrick

Kawai MP7, Roland JUNO DS-88

[Linked Image]
David,
Originally Posted by david_ka
Kawai James, maybe a stupid question but can you use the headphone output on the mp7 to an active speaker/monitor and at the same time have it connected to the main mixer with the l/r outputs.

The reason I wonder is that I would like to have a personal monitor when playing live.

Yes, this should work. However, bear in mind that that the headphone output is a stereo signal, so depending on how you connect it to a monitor speaker, the left and right channels may be summed to mono.

Kind regards,
James
x

Page 16 of 80 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 79 80

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission