2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
61 members (anotherscott, AndyOnThePiano2, benkeys, brennbaer, APianistHasNoName, AlkansBookcase, Charles Cohen, BillS728, 11 invisible), 1,867 guests, and 330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 80 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 79 80
M
M
Its cheaper then I thought in the Uk only £1199

http://www.bonnersmusic.co.uk/kawai-mp7-stage-piano.ir

So is it worth the extra £200 to get an mp7 then an es7??

Decision decisions!!!

https://www.scoreexchange.com/profiles/musicman

https://soundcloud.com/musicmantees

kawai es920 Kawai ES110 ( re bought) Yamaha PSR-S770 (arriving on Monday)Yamaha MODX7
H
H
Here are two demos of the MP7 from Musikmessee 2014. These demos allow a more thorough hearing of the piano sounds, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbN009a5jP0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lODEycl0Z4

Play On!

Keyboards are the best therapy I know of...
L
L
MP7 piano sounds are very good, can you get the same quality from external speakers?

I am assuming the recordings are done from the headphones output correct?

Thanks

F
F
I'm having my house reroofed today so it was a good time to drive up to Prosser Piano in Tacoma and check out the digital Kawai. The DP sales person was off today but my sales person was pretty knowledgeable. I tried out a Kawai ES7 which has the same key bed( RH2) as the MP7. The action was good- similar to the Yamaha CP4. They also had a MP10 but we couldn't figure out how to get sound out of it.

I also tried out the Kawai CA65 and the CA95. They both have the Grand Feel key bed which is the same as the Kawai MP11. It's definitely a step up from the above mentioned RH2 key bed. The CA65 sounds very good but the CA95 has a fuller, organic sound. They both can also record Standard Midi Files to a USB drive just like the MP11 does. The MSRP on the CA65 is $3965 but the sales person said he could knock about $1500 off of that which makes it pretty competitive. It sounded like the CA95 price is not quite as negotiable.

One of these might one day replace my living room's aging Yamaha CLP-555 mini grand.

In the mean time I'll be waiting for Prosser Piano to get in the MP7.

P
P
He's using the main outs into a digital recorder in those vids.

Towards the end of the first vid hes selected piano sounds that were from the MP6 I think.The drop in quality is pretty apparent.
My Polish is not that good.

In the second vid he actualy gets a bit animated at one point.

Looking forward to his EP demo (and realy hoping he finds his inner Chick Corea)

L
L
puff,

can you elaborate a bit more?

The digital recorder is what we hear on the videos?

Thanks

H
H
LarryMan…

Possibly the player has connected the line-out from the MP7 to the audio in on his video recorder. That's another possibility.

The best way to hear the samples will be when kawaimp.com/mp7 goes live.
At that point we should be able to go to SoundCloud and hear high quality samples from this new board. I'm checking SoundCloud daily, and I'll post anything that appears there for the MP7. James used the words "soon I hope," in answer to my question about when we might expect the kawaimp website to add the MP7.

Cheers!

Keyboards are the best therapy I know of...
P
P
Well I assumed that as he un-plugs the recorder every time he talks and then back in when he plays that its all going on to the same digital file for later upload - no?

P
P

Calling James, help

Can you answer my question about the EPs a few posts up -before it slips into oblivion.

Have you been working overtime on that new website?

Regards,
puff.

puff #2248560 03/18/14 07:38 PM
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by puff
Well I assumed that as he un-plugs the recorder every time he talks and then back in when he plays that its all going on to the same digital file for later upload - no?

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's it.

The chap is connecting the MP7's line out's to the recorder's line in, and when he disconnects the cable the recorder switches back to the onboard mic.

James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
puff #2248570 03/18/14 07:53 PM
Can you answer my question about the EPs a few posts up...

Okay, I'll try.

Id like to know if the main Rhodes sounds and the wurltizer are new samples or just the old ones - now re-procesed.

As far as I'm aware the main tine and reed EPs are also new - the same is true for many of the other sounds, even if their names remain unchanged from the MP6.

Cheers,
James
x

P
P

Thanks James,

So new sounds on the main EP1 and the Wurly - but not definately new samples.

I guess the sound demos planed for the kawaimp.co/MP7 site are
allready in the bag -but if not it would be usefull to have examples of the Rhodes and Wurly without any effects and just a touchof reverb.

The Yammy CP5 EPs sound authentic naked and Im finding in the MP11 Ep demos the bass notes sound a bit hyped.

R
R
The MP7 looks 'the ticket' in many respects. I have it in my sights. Shame the keybed is basically 4 years old techwise though (save the 3rd sensor which is 2 years old). I wasn't that much a fan of the RH2 - feels a bit shallow if I remember correctly from the ES7 - I will revisit it when I get the chance.

The sound engine though shows promise, on paper at least. But this brings me to a grumble - when will we have a satisfactory demonstration of the piano samples? Can anyone really tell the quality of the piano sample banks with this horrific playing that is doing the rounds? The official Kawai dude is just, well, musically defective to be honest. And this Polish guy from the MusikMesse? I struggle for words. The cheap and bad harmonic shifts makes the samples clang, twang and artefact. I'm sure the engine is not like this in reality, but the question is out there and we won't be able to get a sense of the potential until someone who possesses just a little musicality demonstrates them. Please, Kawai, you surely have a roster of musical pianists available?

Maybe my only hope in testing the sounds is in finding one of the 5 places probably in the western world that will stock this on the shop floor.

Rappy #2248705 03/19/14 01:45 AM
Originally Posted by Rappy
The MP7 looks 'the ticket' in many respects. I have it in my sights. Shame the keybed is basically 4 years old techwise though (save the 3rd sensor which is 2 years old). I wasn't that much a fan of the RH2 - feels a bit shallow if I remember correctly from the ES7 - I will revisit it when I get the chance.

The sound engine though shows promise, on paper at least. But this brings me to a grumble - when will we have a satisfactory demonstration of the piano samples? Can anyone really tell the quality of the piano sample banks with this horrific playing that is doing the rounds? The official Kawai dude is just, well, musically defective to be honest. And this Polish guy from the MusikMesse? I struggle for words. The cheap and bad harmonic shifts makes the samples clang, twang and artefact. I'm sure the engine is not like this in reality, but the question is out there and we won't be able to get a sense of the potential until someone who possesses just a little musicality demonstrates them. Please, Kawai, you surely have a roster of musical pianists available?

Maybe my only hope in testing the sounds is in finding one of the 5 places probably in the western world that will stock this on the shop floor.

This is in my sights also. Right now it looks like it's between this and the CP4. (Actually I just noticed it looks like Kawai gives 5 year warranty - 2 years more than Yamaha's 3)

I have to agree that the demo's have not been all that great. Apparently it has the same Piano's as the MP11, however there is no guarantee that the demo's of the MP11 aren't making use of some parameter adjustments which are not available on the MP7.

As always, I think it's best to test them in the store for yourself (with your own headphones). I'm hoping to be able to do this myself later this month.

Last edited by Musical Dan; 03/19/14 01:45 AM.

Viscount Legend '70s Artist-W EX
Kawai MP7
L
L
His Kidd...thanks a lot,

Actually my question should be if the sound from the demonstration videos is something that is easily achievable my speakers? since sound from headphone is always better.

J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
Are you guys not satisfied with the samples posted by Kawai?
http://www.kawai.de/mp7_en.htm#tabs-3

(click Demo and go down to the bottom for audio samples)

A
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by Joe Garfield
Are you guys not satisfied with the samples posted by Kawai?
http://www.kawai.de/mp7_en.htm#tabs-3

(click Demo and go down to the bottom for audio samples)

No, they aren't satisfied. Those videos have been posted on here already.

R
R
http://www.kraftmusic.com/sitesearch/?q=Kawai%20mp7

Looks like the price of the MP7 will be what I was figuring, $1799 at Kraft Music. 1k difference between it's bigger sibling like how the MP10 and MP6 were before the rebates, $2499 and $1499, respectively. Of course these are US prices. Not bad at all and I suspect it will really give the CP4 a run for the money! heck I'm considering parting with my P-255 and get one of these!

On a side note I found an excellent condition floor model CP5 for $999, at Guitar Center last week and had to pick it up. So now I'm probably going to part with the P-255 even though I will miss the speakers and the string resonance and probably pick up the MP7 when it's available. I'm going to start another thread about what I've come to realize between the CP4 and the CP5.

Back to the MP7, it looks like a steal can't wait to try one!

Last edited by Rhodie73; 03/20/14 08:26 AM.

Rhodes MkII Stage 73, Yamaha CP4, Yamaha Reface CP + DX
A CP5 for under $1k *is* a steal! Congrats!

James
x

R
R
Originally Posted by Kawai James
A CP5 for under $1k *is* a steal! Congrats!

James
x

Thanks James!

Rhodes MkII Stage 73, Yamaha CP4, Yamaha Reface CP + DX
Page 6 of 80 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 79 80

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,223
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission