this year I want to upgrade my setup (FP-4). I need:
- best rhodes
- best piano
- best organ
- availability of high quality synth sounds
- tweakability of every sound
So I considered Nord Stage 2, but the price is high. And - because I'm looking for the best sound, and piano is essential - I'm considering software (Vintage D for pianos (129 EUR), MrRay73 mkII for rhodes (50 EUR), VB3 for the organ (50 EUR), and more). Right now I wonder which laptop will be the best, and I have two options:
1) used Macbook Air 13,3" (1000$). It already has 128GB SSD and Intel i5 1,8 GHz (boost to 3,1GHz)
2) new Acer/Asus/Samsung (600$) with i5 (2,6-3,2 GHz) + 128GB SSD drive (100$) + external USB (no...) interface (100$) = 800$. I'll have two operating systems, one without internet and for performing only, second for normal use. (Windows 7 and 8)
3) used Macbook Pro 13" and upgrade to 8GB RAM (50$) and upgrade to SSD (100$), 1100$ in total
And here I have two questions:
- does it make sense to upgrade to 8GB RAM? In Mac it's impossible though...
- is sound and socket quality in MAC good enough to use it without additional interface? (latency)
-is that better to plug piano through MIDI socket in audio interface or through separate USB?
Any general advices appreciated also
And I'll add I may stretch my budget even to 1500$ or 2000$ if it's really worth it.