2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
56 members (Carey, brdwyguy, beeboss, Chris B, Cheeeeee, Dalem01, danno858, 10 invisible), 1,872 guests, and 296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
I
OP Offline
I
Wondering if anyone here purchased the Home Stand (HM-4) for the ES7, and whether the acryllic music rest was included in the same box?

(I called Kraft Music to order the HM-4 stand, but the sales person there said he wasn't aware that the acrylic music rest came with the stand... but I'm under the impression it's supposed to... so maybe it's just in the box and he didn't know?)

Thanks for your input.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Info2011, yes, the HM-4 should include the acrylic music rest in the same box.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
P
P
I'm having problems finding a retailer locally (in Orange County, CA) or online that carries the HM4. It is listed at Kraft Music for $300 USD. I thought the MSRP was more like $115. Anyone have any recent luck finding this stand online for a decent price?

P
P
Also if there is a more reasonably priced stand available $150 or under that people love that would be good knowing as well. Right now I have my ES7 on a credenza and I desperately need a stand, but want to avoid the shaky "x" style stands.

Thanks!

B
B
Hello Piano World! Have been lurking but registered today JUST to post here.

I just purchased a gently used Kawai DP but it came without music holder. If somebody ends up with an extra (Because I believe ES7 comes with the wire one but then there's acrylic one with the home stand) and wants to sell me their wire one...contact me. Otherwise I'll probably chase down Kawai next week and see if they will sell me one.

D
D
I have only seen the HM-4 stand advertised online in the US at kawaius.com and at Kraft Music. Since the HM-4 stand appears to carry a minimum advertised price (MAP) of $309 USD, I doubt you can find it advertised in the US for less. (By the way of comparison, the HM-4 is advertised in Europe for 135 EUR ($184 USD).) The HM-4 has gotten good review but is pricey. Since the HM-4 is customized for the ES7 as well as the matching F301 lyre, it is your only option if you want a matching furniture style stand for the ES7.

If you are willing to move to a metal stand, there are many foldable options for 88-key pianos like K&M models 18810 &18950 (in $200 range), On Stage models KS7350 and WS8550 (in $100 range) and Quiklok model WS-550 (in $100 range), etc. which are adjustable and have options for adding a second tier. If you are playing from a seated position, you will want to avoid X-style stands and go for a table, Z or T-style keyboard or workstation stand. You will also want to make sure the height adjustment of the particular stand will allow the top of the keys to be positioned at the correct height when sitting --- the minimum height adjustment of some stands will not allow the stand to be lowered enough.

If the stand is for home use, you can skip the expense and complexity of a folding stand, and get a stand like Stellar Labs 555-13830 keyboard stand which I recently purchased for under $50 on Amazon to hold my new MP7 - search for Stellar Labs 555-13830. This particular stand is a matte black, heavy duty enhanced version of a Z stand with great height and width adjustability, an extra deep 20” top rail which will support even large keyboards like the MP11, and a build quality which is surprisingly good for its low price.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,302
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission