2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad) Piano Sight Reading
train piano sight reading with your iPhone or iPad
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
47 members (BWV846, Alex Hutor, CaseyVancouver, Bruce In Philly, Abdol, Damien PG, chung_chang, Carey, 13 invisible), 827 guests, and 556 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
C
I have watched a number of fine videos made by Kawai about their manufacturing process, their piano line, features, etc. They really make you want to try out their pianos and they instill a feeling of confidence in their brand. Now, understand, I know that many other companies make very fine products. So why don't some of them make similar videos? It can't be that expensive or difficult. I know that I want to hear various piano models played and search the internet. It is not hard to find videos that piano dealerships have made of a staffer playing the piano, so why don't the manufacturers do it more? Some of them don't even seem to put much effort into their websites. I know you can't trust the sound from YouTube or other places with your little computer speakers or even earphones, but something is better than nothing. If you watch the Kawai videos, you can imagine that other, even higher-end piano companies could do something equally impressive. Any thoughts?

R
R
I heard there was a detailed long video of Yamaha building a piano. (Not that few minutes segment you can find on You Tube). A dealer told me about it.

I would love to see more demonstrations of the different Kawai amd Yamaha models as well.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Seems like I've seen several different videos on YouTube recently of the manufacturing process for various piano manufacturers, including Steinway and Yamaha...

And, some dealers make videos of the various brands of pianos they have for sale. I think it is a popular form of advertising.

So, perhaps the other manufacturers are making the videos… even though they may not necessarily be on their website.

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
F
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
F
A lot of them do.

You just haven't found them yet.

Here is one:

http://www.sauter-pianos.de/english/sauter/video.html

Enjoy!

Amateur Pianist and raconteur.
P
P
some companies may be afraid somebody will still their technology...

B
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
B
For every one person who would be persuaded by a video, another would be persuaded against it. So, why spend the money? Steinway doesn't need to make videos. Most other high end pianos have a loyal following, or are going to attract a clientele that would rather play the pianos in person. Lower end pianos are attracting customers with their prices.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Chopinlover49

Yamaha have several at:

www.yamaha.com/thehub

Go into library on the left and scroll 1/3 of the way down until you reach pianos. There's a good one of upright manufacturing in their new factory in Kakegawa Japan and one of their Indonesian factory too.

Chris Venables
Venables Pianos
Yamaha Pianos, Petrof Pianos and Venables & Son
UK Grand Piano Centre.
Take a look at Fazioli. Thier videos, all 30 of them, are under the heading "philosophy" and listed under 3 phases. They take you thru the whole process start to finish. When I bought my Schimmel last year I looked at Fazioli and would have bought one if I could have aforded it(double the cost of the Schimmel). The sound, touch, and level of finish was outstanding and probably worth the money.

Alfred Knight 30113
Schimmel K213 361426
[Linked Image]
R
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
R
Videos are interesting, and I suppose can be effective advertising. What they cannot do is tell the viewer/listener what a piano actually sounds like. There are too many variables, of which the piano itself is only one. The variables include (but are not limited to) the piano, the pianist, the room, the audio system, the transmission system, and the endpoint speakers. This list does not even include what is perhaps the most obvious variable, which is any doctoring that the maker of the video chooses to do.

As long as one treats videos as just another form of advertising, albeit potentially a very effective one, there is certainly no harm in them. As I said, they can be extremely interesting if they provide information about how the piano is actually made. If they are used essentially as documentaries about piano production, I would expect to see them made only about the various hand-made brands. It is hard to imagine a company that mass produces pianos under labor conditions that might repel viewers wanting to show their techniques around the world.

There can be no substitute for personal piano shopping!

P
P
samick has nice video too:

Moderated by  Ken Knapp, Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Juggling Piano!
by Sam S - 06/14/21 07:25 PM
Please help: Kawai ST-1 (institutional) or K-300?
by SantaCecilia - 06/14/21 07:11 PM
Kawai VPC1 velocity curve
by luigigiul76 - 06/14/21 06:17 PM
Quality of the piano dealership shop
by lct14558 - 06/14/21 05:58 PM
Studio piano vsts? eg Ivory, Alicia's Keys
by MarkOfJohnson - 06/14/21 05:30 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics207,515
Posts3,103,690
Members101,811
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission