2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
38 members (Charles Cohen, CraiginNZ, curates_egg, Dore, 13bwl, Calavera, C. L., dima5222, 5 invisible), 499 guests, and 283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 18 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 17 18
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Well, now I can listen to all recordings. Thanks Carlos. I’m going to enjoy some of them this night.

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
MaryBee

When I saw that there was a Haydn’s sonata in this recital, I thought it would be a gem, but I was wrong. That’s not a gem, it’s a TREASURE. How good performance! All the details are so well elaborated! I’ve loved it. Congratulations, Mary!

Clemente

It’s not very easy to play Granados, since his music is so evocative that is difficult to recreate the soul of his works. But you manage to transmit all the love that is closed in this little waltz. Very good!

Crescendo

It’s impressive to see you have only been playing for twenty months. Your performance on Mozart is clean and clear! I’ve loved how naturally you solve the changes of tonality.

Laura

Fascinating! I love to listen to your performances on Bach. When the recording finished, I quickly picked "play" another time, I needed to listen to such good performance again.

Wayne

I know you are a big fan of Lady Gaga. But if Mrs Gaga listened to your improvisation, she would become a fan of yours. Well done!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
#26 CebuKid ~ The Chrysanthemum - an Intermezzo I liked how nice and spunky sounding this was. I could use a bit of get up and go right about now.

I'll figure it out eventually.
Until then you may want to keep a safe distance.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
37. JeannieA - Hallelujah/Leonard Cohen - This is the other entry I was so looking forward to --a complete treat! So well done. The melody sings (and, oh, what a melody!) and your playing is terrific! Thank-you!

39. Copper-When You Wish Upon a Star/Leigh Harline - Oh, I really like how you approached this wonderful tune. Nice chords, and nice everything else, especially your interpretation. This tune has been on my short list. This may be my favorite of yours.

40. Wisebuff - Addie/John Maroney - It seems you always choose such lovely and interesting pieces for the recitals. This one is particularly lovely and played lovingly. Not being familiar with the piece, the speed sounds just right to me. In the last minute or so of your recording, you gave me goosebumps...Beautifully done! I'm sending good thoughts your way.

41. Mike White - Erotik, lyric pieces op.43 no.5/Grieg - Ah, played with that Norse flavor! What a marvelous performance. (If you mean 'prima vista' - yikes!) Either way, I loved it!

42. Marybee - Sonata in Bb major/Haydn - Holy cow, what an undertaking - BRAVA! Your piano sounds perfedt for this sonata. Your touch is also perfect for this music - nice and light. Your ornaments seemed float over the melody - I'm in awe. The word that came to my mine regarding your performance, (since you wrote that playing without pedal was a little difficult to adjust to..) is "fresh". Stupendous! And, since I don't get bonus points, what is Trader's pie?

Think less - play more

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
21 Swiss Ms - Spanish Medley, Alfred's
This is really fun, Swiss. Very well done.

22 Serge 88 - You're Beautiful, James Blunt, Skarbek and Ghost
This is one of my wife's favorite songs. I have always found the singer's voice (sorry - I don't know his name) annoying, but the song itself is quite pretty. Your performance here is outstanding (as always).

23 Wayne32yrs - Telephone, Lady Gaga
Wayne, this is quite a fun piece to listen to. I must admit I have not heard the original, but your version is nice. I imagine it was challenging to do all those different voices, too.

24 dannylux \ Mel - "Greetings To Liszt" Etude, Otto Nicolai
You almost always play something that I have never heard before. This is no exception, and what a magnificent piece of music it is. Your performance appears flawless to my ears with good control and nice dynamics. Thanks, once again, for bringing obscure but beautiful music to our attention.

25 Monica K - Behind the Waterfall/Desert Rain Medley, David Lanz
Gorgeous, Monica. Just gorgeous. I really enjoyed that.

26 CebuKid - The Chrysanthemum - an Intermezzo, Scott Joplin
You should be pleased with it's musicality. It's here in spades. I'm not sure I can hear the little flubs you refer to. This sounds near perfect to me. I also agree with your choice of tempo.

27 Norah - The Cutty Sark
I don;t know the song, but it sure sounds like a jig. That must mean that you got it right. Nice job.

28 Andy Platt - Sonatina No 4 in F, M. Clementi
This is a thoroughly impressive performance, Andy. your tempo throughout each movement is controlled and even. Decent dynamics and a nice touch make for a tremendously enjoyable six and a half minutes.

29 raptor - Burgmüller Ballade, Burgmüller
Congratulations of your first recital, and a fine performance it is! Very enjoyable.

30 TX-Dennis - Elegie, Jules Massenet
Next time take that cat's collar off when you record!

31 Inlanding - Chopin Prelude b-min, and an Original, Chopin, et. al
I'm glad to hear that you are now pain free. It shows in the music. Beautiful Chopin, and a rich dark original that's just plain fun to listen to. Wonderful!

32 Teodor - Bach D minor Little Prelude BWV 926
Nice job. Bach is full of tricky textures making it even more challenging than the notes would indicate. Well done.

33 Laura Joffe - Fugue #17 in Ab BWV 862, Bach
Laura, congratulations on a magnificent performance of a quite challenging piece. I love to hear this played on a harpsichord. Your version is superb.

34 BillM - I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues, Elton John / Bernie Taupin
You have a knack for Elton John's music, Bill. This is terrific!

Well, I seem to have developed a sinus headache, so I guess I'll save the rest for tomorrow. Don;t worry, I'm sure the headache isn't caused by the music. I am allergic to the world. I'm out of Zyrtec, and I forgot to buy more today.

Dennis
[Linked Image]
flickr

J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
Carlos, you rock! Thanks so much for doing this.

ABF FTW!

Cathy

Cathy
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
First off, thanks CarlosCC for transferring the audios to box. I need to sign up with box.com. It seems very reliable, and it's a nice way to archive MP3 recordings.

Performer's name: Little_Blue_Engine

Title of piece: Prelude in C Major

I'm currently on a "Bach kick" and this is definitely on my list of things to learn. This prelude never gets old. You performed it technically very nice, and I could tell from your performance that you enjoy playing this! smile

Performer's name: notbach

Title of piece: Von fremden Ländern und Menschen (Op. 15 No. 1)

I love this piece. This is another great piece from Schumann, that to me, never gets old to listen to. I need to learn this too, and need to check if it's in the "album for the young" which I already have. I love your dynamics, and smoothness of playing. Most importantly, as I type this, I was thinking, what an awesome sounding piano. I went back to your description and noticed you have the same piano as I do (Yamaha T118). Isn't it such a great piano for the price!? I've had mine for almost a year now, and still love it...no regrets whatsoever.

Performer's name: Cathy Turner/jotur

Title of piece: Salty Dog Rag

I would've loved to hear the lyrics along with the playing. This is definitely a singable and playable rag. I enjoyed it a lot!! Plus you can't go wrong with a rag..lol. wink

Performer's name: Jazzwee

Home page link: http://soundcloud.com/jazzwee
Title of piece: Body and Soul
Composer: Johnny Green

Hey Jazzwee, I actually want to hear the hardcore uptempo stuff next time! laugh Now, this is again, something I'd want to hear at a piano bar. Again, I picture myself in the city (I'm in Chicago, by the way), at a jazz bar sitting on a round table listening to this with a beer and a stogie. Great job improvising, though!! Very enjoyable performance. smile

Performer's name: Bessel

Title of piece: Sonatina - Op 36, No 1, 3rd Mvmt
Composer: Clementi

What a nice little Sonatina, and great 3/4 tempo. I need to get the sheet for this too. YOu did a great job especially for just a mere 9 months of playing. Keep working on this, and you'll find that your playing and "smoothness" will get better with time. smile

Performer's name: Andy Platt

Title of piece: Clementi Sonatina No 4 in F
Composer: Muzio Clementi

Andy, yes, I can hear how the 2nd movement nicely complements the first, although they do stand nicely on their own too. smile

Man, that 3rd movement sounds like a killer!! lol. You did nicely on it, though. I'm glad you didn't compromise your tempo because some pieces just don't sound right too slow. I'd rather live with some flubs and play a piece at tempo. Good choice, and I'm sure you'll continue to refine this as well.

Performer's name: ladypayne

Title of piece: The song of the unkown
Composer: Myself!

Wow, ladypayne, this is really good stuff!! I loved it. It's got a somber and reflective tone to it. This sounds sort of new agey, but yet, it sounds like something I'd hear in a Final Fantasy video-game. Or a it's a piece that would be played at the end of a movie when the end credits play - a movie with elves and dragons.... not sure. It's got lots of possibilities that I had to listen to it twice. Great job! I hope my interpretation of your piece will help you come up with a title. smile

Performer's name: Ken.
Experience: 3

Source of music: Thelonious Monk Easy Piano Solos
Instrument used: Milton Spinet

This is an unusual genre and I never heard of it before. You did a great job performing this piece. Thanks for introducing us to this Thelonious Monk. smile

Performer's name: joangolfing

Title of piece: Prelude No. 1 in G Minor

Very nice, somber piece. You did a great job performing this. smile

Performer's name: timmyab

Title of piece: prelude and fugue in d minor bwv 851
Composer: Bach

This is a very nice prelude and fugue, timmyab. What ABRSM Grade is this, by the way? It sounds like it's in the 7-8 range. I'm still struggling with trill technique myself.
Overall, great performance. I liked the prelude first and then the fugue - very nice contrast which is what Bach intended. smile

Performer's name: Clemente

Composer: Enrique Granados
Duration: 01:26

Very nice, and enjoyable waltz Clemente! smile Thanks for the historical background of these too, and you're right - they don't sound difficult but very nice to listen to and I'm sure enjoyable to play. Are these available in the public domain?

YouTube Channel
Scott Joplin Repertoire

Music washes away from the soul
the dust of everyday life.
- Berthold Auerbach

[Linked Image]

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member

7000 Post Club Member
Thank you Carlos!!!!!! I never download the files, I always listen to the streaming - I really appreciate the time you took to upload them for us.

This morning's listening pleasure..........

KEN - I tried listening again, with the files CarlosCC uploaded, and what shall I say? That's a very particular sound, and I'm afraid it is a bit outside my experience. Interesting - it was certainly dynamic - I have to say it made me feel very tense! ..."Evidence" I wonder, evidence of what? I'm curious now - Thanks for this most unusual musical experience.

21 SwissMs Spanish Medley - Love this piece!!!! I have recently fallen in love with Spanish music and this medley captures so many great aspects – your dynamics are great. Wonderful listening pleasure. Thanks!

22 Serge88 You're Beautiful ….. and so is your playing. I was moved from the first bars. Your performance really brought out the emotions of this piece.

23 Wayne32yrs Lady Gaga I’m another who isn’t very familiar with Lady G (yes, I know, you are wondering if I live under a rock…lol) This made me feel like getting up and dancing. Love the driving rhythm and energy you put into this piece. Great fun, interesting voice for the piano too – I really enjoyed this.

24 dannylux / Mel "Greetings To Liszt" Etude. Mel, as soon as I read your info on this piece I became very curious – and then the server failed and I had to wait to hear this rare gem. This is beautiful playing, you make it sound easy, though I can hear that it isn’t. Thank you so much for sharing this discovery, I truly enjoyed it.

25 Monica Behind the Waterfall/Desert Rain Medley. What an ear-catching opening! This is the kind of left hand work that I am hopeless at maintaining smoothly (for the moment! –I aspire to improve!). You really know how to make your piano sing – I have the impression that you are totally immersed in your playing and you are pouring your energy and emotions into the piece, really bringing it to life. I’ve always enjoyed your performances, but I think that this one is my favourite.

26 CebuKid The Chrysanthemum - an Intermezzo
– DELIGHTFUL. You make this sound so approachable. I have the SIMPLIFIED sheet music and look at it with dismay. I was smiling broadly from the first notes. You really have this style well in-hand. Thank you for your great performance! Loved it.

27 Norah The Cutty Sark – Oh what fun! I could picture the dancers and I wanted to join in!!!

28 Andy Platt Clementi Sonatina No 4 in F Andy – wow. Precise, dynamic, light, dancing fingers on the ivories. I have the score for this piece and have never yet felt I could try it. For the most part I still feel that way, but now I think I could try the Andante section. I have a special fondness for Clementi and was simply enchanted with your performance. Thank you so much.

29 raptor Burgmüller Ballade – You did a very nice job on this – that left hand part can be pretty challenging to sustain. Good for you for going for the “true” one-shot recording for real-recital effect. I've got the book with this piece but have been too intimidated to really work on it. You’ve made me think I should sit down and try it again. Thanks!

30 TX-Dennis (Dennis Turner) Elegie. I have never heard this piece before, so have nothing to compare your performance with – you say you didn’t do it justice. Well, I can only say I found this piece held my attention, the contrasts in the dynamics were very striking and mood stirring. I enjoyed it.

Last edited by casinitaly; 11/19/11 06:41 AM.

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

Hi,
I can only open files that are in YouTube. Now, alll the others say files not found. Any suggestions?
Dot

[Linked Image]
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by salzdt
Hi,
I can only open files that are in YouTube. Now, alll the others say files not found. Any suggestions?
Dot

(Take a look at the previous posts)

Go to
ABF Recital #24 backup link
http://www.box.com/shared/ik4tum051onzrnvsb2ai/1/155977183

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."
W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
Tx-Dennis, Mr_super_hunky, FarmGirl, knotty, Wayne,

Thanks for the compliments! I did not expect so much appreciation on a relatively simple-sounding piece. I can tell you it's not perfect but I am happy that it worked out.

Sam,

Thanks! Actually there is no pedal at all used here.

casinitaly,

Thanks! just keep practicing with a good teacher, I'm sure you can reach this level too if you're prepared to spend the required time on it. I'm pushing maybe a bit too hard on the tempo but I think it helps. The piece also has a third part but I did not like that.

Inlanding,

Nice! Yes you need to follow his notations but you need to do a lot more: knowing about how it was played and then even more to make it interesting. IMHO just playing the notation exactly it will sound like crap, you can find these on the web and honestly they bore me within 30 seconds.
Looking forward to your d-min fantasy laugh

CMohr,

Yes I pushed the speed a bit on the first section, close to 120 is the bare minimum for me on this part, and I had to work really hard to get there. I would not have submitted anything slower I think.

Jazzwee,

Thanks for the detailed and accurate feedback! I assume you are talking about the evenness and touch in the first part mainly. About notes getting too soft or even dropping out. And about notes more subdued, this might be about the hand motion and the relaxedness in that. I'm still too busy with my hands and my brain I guess. Regarding the too loud left hand, yes I have heard this often but it seems I'm not that sensitive to that aspect. My teacher luckily is very aware of this issue so I guess we will work it out.

Hawgdriver,

Thanks! For now I'm done with it but who knows if I will pick it up again later
I did my best to find a near-studio quality setup with a relatively small budget.
I'm using DPA4060 mics, so yes pretty expensive, some $900 for a stereo pair but a great deal for this kind of quality. The funny thing is that they sell them as a small clip microphone for speech and voice. But they have an almost perfect flat frequency right from 20Hz to 20kHz. And I like them for piano for several other reasons.

Last edited by wouter79; 11/19/11 11:20 AM.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Some more..

14. joangolfing - Prelude No. 1 in G Minor
Your "old" Everett upright just sounds wonderfull. And the prelude (wich was unknown for me) is very strong and you played it in a very intense way. Well done.

15. TrapperJohn - So In Love
First of all, thanks for sharing this piece with so many information. The verses are realy beautifull and reading them we can better enjoy your (memorized!) interpretation. Very nice.

16. Augustina - Defying Gravity
Augustina, I love "musical" pieces because they fit well in the musical as a whole. I've never seen the musical "Wicked" but that's no reason to realize that this piece seems to be very challenging to play. Nice work!

17. timmyab - prelude and fugue in d minor bwv 851
What? Are you saying that your left hand is not controlled? Well, It seems very controlled to me. Sounds professional. Very good!

18. Bessel - Sonatina - Op 36, No 1, 3rd Mvmt
Bessel, It's an incredible performance for anyone who play piano for just 9 months. Keep the good work!

19. Sam S - Sonata K402 in e minor
Sam, I think you made the right choises. Not only choosing this piece but also in the decisions you made regarding with dinamics and rythm. Very good.

20. Clemente - Cartas de Amor: Valses íntimos: #1(Love Letters: Intimate Waltzes: #1)
Thanks for bringing this to us. It's a lovely valse (very intimate), and it story it is also very interesting. You played very "cadencioso". Lovely.

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube

7000 Post Club Member

7000 Post Club Member
And my final round.

Thank you so much everyone for all the time and energy you put into your performances. Thanks to Monica for coordinating all the submissions, and LaValse for hosting us, and CarlosCC for coming to the rescue.

I am as always, thrilled and humbled to play with such a wonderful group of musicians.

31 Inlanding –Chopin Ulnar Glen, loved your Chopin – I think you’ve really got a handle on the delicate touches needed to play his work convincingly. I find it very interesting to hear you play something “traditional” rather than one of your own compositions. It is certainly something special that you are playing a piece your father played, on his piano! As for Ulnar, if it were food, it would be chocolate, if it were liquid it would be champagne – all those lovely sparkling top notes. I’m so glad you were feeling well enough to play!!

32 Teodor – Bach – Well, your music studies are certainly showing brilliant results. Marvelous drama here! I could hear someone playing what sounded like more Bach in the background at the end of your piece!

33. Laura Joffe - Fugue 17 in Ab BWV 862. – Beautiful. What sounded awkward in your explanation seemed to just flow off your fingertips in the music. I love the polyphony of Bach – what a delightful way to study a particular key of music. I was utterly charmed by this piece.

34 BillM – I guess that’s why they call it the blues. I always look forward to your singing and playing. Today- it almost sounds like you have a guitar playing with you. I like the tones you got into this piece – they are on the edge of a honky-tonk in some places – it sounds really marvelous with this song. You really do have a lot of energy flowing – and I think it sounds just great. Most enjoyable listening!!!!

35 Ian – Cgyan – Snow Prelude Einaudi - Well done! I can understand why the left hand might have given you some trouble, but you did a lovely job. There is a snowy-feel to this , I could picture myself walking in a winter wonderland! Lovely.

36 hawgdriver – Lander – This is charming. The first and third parts were so cheerful and light – the second part elegant and more weighty but still very delicate. I really enjoyed listening to your performance.

37 Jeannie – Hallelujah – I was so happy to see this on the list before the recital launched. I love this piece. I too heard it for the first time in Shrek, but then have heard the k.d.lang version too. I loved your rendition, just loved it, I feel like I’m melting right from the first few notes.

38 FarmGirl, Beethoven. I feel I’ve been working with you on this one for a while, given all the discussion in AOTW. I think you did a super job – I’m so glad to finally hear it! I really enjoyed this performance very much.

39 Copper When you Wish Upon a Star – an old time favourite! I never get tired of hearing this. You put a smile on my face this evening. Thank you !

40 WiseBuff, Addie – I’m so glad that playing this piece helped you feel more grounded. You’ve been through (and are still having) a shocking time. This is a lovely piece, I can see how you could immerse yourself in it, I did as I was listening. Your dynamics are lovely, and your make your piano truly sing. It gave me a great sense of peace and joy as I listened. Thank you so much for this.

41 Yamaha G-3 & P-80, Mike White Erotik, Lyric Pieces Op 43, No. 5 Mike, I’ve never heard this music before – very interesting, and enjoyed it. You sight-read this? Wow, that’s impressive. I could never play something like this without studying it for a loooooooong time! Good for you!

42 MaryBee Sonata No.11 in B-flat major - Thanks for the description in your submission text. I think you did a good job on the ornamentation – and I have to say, I’m very impressed that you manage to sustain your concentration for a 12 minute piece! I love Haydn – maybe someday I’ll play this ! (p.s. I don’t know what Trader pie is - I will have to google it!). Wonderful performance, I loved listening to you. Thank you.

43 Cathy/Jotur, Salty Dog Rag – what great fun! This would get me back up on the dance floor for sure! I really enjoyed it - sitting here at my desk, toe-tapping, grinning, bobbing my head in time to the music. What cheery stuff – loved it! 

44 Little-Blue-Engine – Bach, Prelude in C - Well done! Ok, you had a little glitch at the end, but if you hadn’t warned me I wouldn’t have been waiting for it! You did a marvelous job of maintaining the flow and rhythm throughout. Your performance is one I can aspire to emulate.

45 notbach - Von fremden Ländern und Menschen (Op. 15 No. 1) You’ve captured the Lander sound beautifully! This was charming and a delight to listen to! Thank you very much.

46 denali - Rondo Alla Turca – Congrats on your first recital, isn’t it exciting? You picked a really ambitious piece – but what fun! I think did an excellent job. I’ve been playing a few months longer than you but am not ready to play something like this. Thank you for sharing your performance – I can’t wait to hear your next piece!

47 CASINITALY Ragtime Do-Si-Do … Well, what can I say. This was fun to play. It was a totally new genre for me, and I can’t wait to try more.

48 mcasl – Arabesque – wow – floating on clouds – what a lovely gracious performance. A real pleasure to listen to, thank you !

49. Dara - Waves Between Silence.What an interesting, piece. Lots of drama and very involving. Thank you!

50 Sam Rose – Fantasie Impromptu well, what can I say that hasn’t been said before? That's just brilliant. Thank you for sharing music that you clearly love and have a passion for – I think your performance made a splendid conclusion to the recital.

Last edited by casinitaly; 11/19/11 02:41 PM.

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
43. Jotur/Cathy - Salty Dog Rag - Ok, so I actually got up and danced! Who couldn't dance to this?! Great rag, fantastically precise rhythm - just too short. (I really need this on a loop smile ). A very fun and cool presentation. You always seem to pick refreshing tunes. I loved it!

44. Little Blue Engine - Prelude in C Major/Bach - Well done! You did a great job keeping the flow going throughout.
Originally Posted by Little_Blue_Engine
One of my main weaknesses is that I play a bit too heavy handed and need to work on being a bit more gentle to the keys and its gonna be hard because this is really a carryover from the rest of my life. I've always been a bull in the china shop sort of girl. I was always the kid that pushed their pencil into the paper with all their might and then tore holes into my work trying to erase it. To this day my handwriting is horrible and I get writers' cramp like nobody's business. You can hear me walk across the floor from the other end of the house, I break handles off things, drive over curbs...

This really cracked me up! (You don't turn green when you're angry, do you? shocked )
I agree, a little heavy fingered, but the musicality is not lost at all. Not a huge problem to work out. Overall, a very fine job!

45. notbach - Von Fremdem Landern und Menschen op.15 no. 1/Schumann [/b]- This is an enjoyable piece to play. Your performance sounds perfect to me. Nice touches throughout. Excellent, in fact, for 6 months! Nice pacing and you kept a light, airy feeling. Great work!

46. denali - Rondo Alla Turca/Mozart - Well, I certainly did enjoy hearing this! Not even 2 years in and you're playing this so well! Amazing....not to worry about little goofs (it's the red dot!) - easily fixable. You have the spirit of this piece down and made it musical - that's important and keeps everyone's interest. thumb

47. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Ragtime Do-Si-Do/Meir - Another fun piece that was way too short. Really, Cheryl, you're progressing by leaps and bounds. I think it's great that you are getting into different rhythms and mastering them early on! Terrific!

48. mcasl - Arabesque #1/Debussy - This is lovely! I've tried this piece - not so easy for me (all those sharps!). You've done a really nice job on this - lilting phrases and good dynamics and flow. I really enjoyed hearing this!

49. Dara - Waves Between Silence/original - Welcome to the recital! It is very Debussy. You certainly have an awesome talent for composing. Very nice contrasts. Such a wonderfully evocative piece. I am again awed. For me, this was the perfect way to wind up the recital. Fantastic!

Thank you all, for another awesome recital! It is a joy to hear all this great music in one venue. I truly enjoyed listening to each and everyone and am grateful for this forum in allowing us to share the gift of music with each other. I'll see you next time!

Think less - play more

[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
@CarolsCC - thanks for stepping in there.

Frank is now hosting the recitals here at piano world. With Ken's help I've uploaded recital 24. When you click on the links from the recital thread, replace "abf.make247.co.uk" with "rectials.pianoworld.com" (in the browser url field) and they will play.

Streaming player not working yet, dunno why at the moment.

I'll get it all working then hand over to Frank/Ken.

Last edited by LaValse; 11/19/11 02:38 PM.
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by LaValse
@CarolsCC - thanks for stepping in there.

Frank is now hosting the recitals here at piano world. With Ken's help I've uploaded recital 24. When you click on the links from the recital thread, replace "abf.make247.co.uk" with "rectials.pianoworld.com" (in the browser url field) and they will play.

Streaming player not working yet, dunno why at the moment.

I'll get it all working then hand over to Frank/Ken.

Nice work! thumb

Just a detail:
I would say: "When you click on the links from the recital thread, replace "abf.make247.co.uk" with "recitals.pianoworld.com" (in the browser url field) and they will play."
(not "rectials.pianoworld.com")

Anyway feel free to go to the alternative link, because I'll keep the files available:

ABF Recital #24 backup link
http://www.box.com/shared/ik4tum051onzrnvsb2ai/1/155977183

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
Originally Posted by wouter79
Hawgdriver,
I did my best to find a near-studio quality setup with a relatively small budget.
I'm using DPA4060 mics, so yes pretty expensive, some $900 for a stereo pair but a great deal for this kind of quality. The funny thing is that they sell them as a small clip microphone for speech and voice. But they have an almost perfect flat frequency right from 20Hz to 20kHz. And I like them for piano for several other reasons.

I am definitely going to try this setup when I get an acoustic, it sounds great.

Only in men's imagination does every truth find an effective and undeniable existence. Imagination, not invention, is the supreme master of art as of life. -Józef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
Cebukid - here's the Red Foley recording the international folkdancers dance to:

Red Foley Salty Dog Rag

And here's some folkdancers doing so:

Houston folkdancers

One of these days our fiddlers are going to sound like that laugh

Cathy

Cathy
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by jotur
Cebukid - here's the Red Foley recording the international folkdancers dance to:

Red Foley Salty Dog Rag

And here's some folkdancers doing so:

Houston folkdancers

One of these days our fiddlers are going to sound like that laugh

Cathy

What jaunty music! Thanks for sharing Cathy. We forget that people actually used to dance to ragtime music (hence the term, 2-step).

I had to listen to yours again to compare the dance/lyric version to your piano version. You played it on piano nicely. smile

YouTube Channel
Scott Joplin Repertoire

Music washes away from the soul
the dust of everyday life.
- Berthold Auerbach

[Linked Image]
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
35 cgyan (Iain) - The Snow Prelude, L. Einaudi
Iain, I haven't heard this before. What a striking contemplative piece this is. You exhibit nice control throughout and enough dynamic contrast to keep this rather repetitive piece interesting. My biggest problem with much of so-called new age music is that it is so repetitive that I tend to zone out. I suppose it is intended to be relaxing, though.

36 hawgdriver {Leon} - Ländler (4) D366, Schubert
What fun little dances these are. A fine job indeed, Leon. I enjoyed the contrast between the brighter first and last pieces and the darker pieces in between. Somehow I have missed hearing these before. Your playing, vy the way, is not rough - it's terrific.

37 JeanieA - Hallelujah, Leonard Cohen
I agree with you about k. d. lang's performance of this song. It's fabulous. You kept yours short, but it is no less enjoyable to hear.

38 FarmGirl - Pathetique 2nd Movement, Beethoven
This is one of my favorite Beethoven pieces. You keep a nice even tempo throughout (I tend to speed up as I go along). Nice job on the dynamics. You brought out the moodiness of the piece well.

39 Copper - When You Wish Upon A Star, Leigh Harline
Copper, this is one of my favorite songs. I always enjoy hearing it or playing it. You did a very nice job. I found myself wishing for a bit more rubato and dynamics, but I enjoyed listening nonetheless.

40 WiseBuff - Addie, John Maroney
Here is another piece I have not heard before, and a beautiful one it is. You did a tremendous job on it. Your dynamics brought tears to my eyes in a couple of places or maybe that had something to do with your disclosure of your health issue. I enjoyed this tremendously. Here's hoping and praying for the best possible outcome from whatever treatment course you and your physician decide upon.

41 Yamaha G-3 & P-80, Mike White - Erotik, Lyric Pieces Op 43, No. 5, Grieg
Nice dynamic contrast, Mike! You have a passion (pardon the small pun) for this piece. I am impressed that you are able to sight read on this level. Wonderful!

42 MaryBee - Sonata No.11 in B-flat major, Haydn
Fantastic, MaryBee! You do a tremendous job throughout the three movements with accurate controlled trills, and nice dynamics. A very enjoyable performance.

43 jotur (Cathy Turner) - Salty Dog Rag, Red Foley
I remember listening to Red Foley as a kid, but I don't think I've heard this one before. Nice job, Cathy.

44 Little_Blue_Engine - Prelude in C Major, Bach
Despite a less than optimal recording quality, I enjoyed listening. Nice job.

45 notbach - Von fremden Ländern und Menschen (Op. 15 No. 1), Schumann
Six months at the piano? You gotta be kidding me! This is fabulous. Not perfect, but darned nice. I refuse to accept that you've only been playing for six months. You're much too capable.

Dennis
[Linked Image]
flickr

Page 10 of 18 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Shostakovich Second Waltz piano transcription..
by Petoskeyguy - 05/26/22 09:53 PM
Disklavier MKII : replace power supply?
by carlspost - 05/26/22 03:33 PM
Sight reading progress
by BlizzardPiano - 05/26/22 03:18 PM
13th Piano Composition Competition Fidelio (Extended!!)
by harmonium53 - 05/26/22 01:20 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics213,254
Posts3,194,760
Members105,376
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission