2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
36 members (Davidnewmind, Dfrankjazz, brdwyguy, busa, benkeys, Burkhard, Erinmarriott, David Boyce, 20/20 Vision, 5 invisible), 1,131 guests, and 293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 18 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 17 18
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Thanks everyone for the great comments and very accurate pointers. One of my main weaknesses is that I play a bit too heavy handed and need to work on being a bit more gentle to the keys and its gonna be hard because this is really a carryover from the rest of my life. I've always been a bull in the china shop sort of girl. I was always the kid that pushed their pencil into the paper with all their might and then tore holes into my work trying to erase it. To this day my handwriting is horrible and I get writers' cramp like nobody's business. You can hear me walk across the floor from the other end of the house, I break handles off things, drive over curbs... whome ...I'm just not dainty and I'm a somewhat tense person so I have to keep working at that.

I'll figure it out eventually.
Until then you may want to keep a safe distance.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by CMohr
Exactly what I've been kicking myself for, Dennis! Well, you know what they say about hindsight......

LBE - Your link won't work here on my end. I'm getting the same message as for this recital's links. Sorry. frown
Thanks for letting me know. I'm having some computer issues and starting to think it might be time to back up all my files and upgrade to something newer smokin cursing I guess 10 years is about all you get out of these things...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
Originally Posted by Monica K.
Originally Posted by wouter79
Monica, why not temporarily place the files here on pianoworld till the site is up again?

I tried, Wouter, but the zip files are bigger than the PW uploader allows.

Try asking the big boss nicely to fix that? It's only a few MB in total and only temporary?

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member

7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by mr_super-hunky
Originally Posted by casinitaly
7. Mr. Super-Hunky. Tears of Joy – Ah is this my long awaited tear jerker?

Nope. It's coming though. Soon!

Ok,...looking forward to that! smile

As the server is down I'll just take a minute to thank those who were kind enough to give me feedback and comments!

Cathy/Jotur - I'm delighted I was able to delight you. There are times when I too laugh aloud with this piece!

Sam Rose - thank you! One of the things I love about these recitals is that others can really see if you're coming along - and it is so much fun to have someone to share the adventure with!

Peyton - laugh - ok, more than amused. This Jazz, Rags and Blues book is the first in a series I hope to explore more!

FarmGirl - well, thank you! Wine and chocolate it is. For those of you who like to make such pairings, not that a Banyuls from the south of France is a good option - or a passito from Pantelleria in Southern Italy could be fine too. (Those sommelier courses have paid off, for sure!)

CeBuKid, I'm so pleased that our Resident Raggist enjoyed my performance! Thank you!

Glen/Inlanding Thank you sir, you are so supportive of my efforts, all the time. You're right- I do have a teacher with whom I can work well, and she is a dear friend to boot! Yesterday she suggested I have a few lessons with a colleague of hers for jazz/blues tips !

Andy - More toe tapping smile That's great. You're right about improving the middle part. That has been my weak spot all along. Ironically, since making the recording, I haven't flubbed it once, and I've played it about 8-10 times!

I hope the server is back up, it is driving us all a bit batty having to wait longer to hear the long awaited!

Last edited by casinitaly; 11/18/11 12:29 PM.

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Sorry guys, server about to die. I screwed up the timing. Trying to find alt solution ASAP...

7000 Post Club Member

7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by LaValse
Sorry guys, server about to die. I screwed up the timing. Trying to find alt solution ASAP...

LaValse, I know you use the server for your work, and we're just guests.... I hope for your sake you get things resolved quickly.

Good luck!

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

T
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
T
We're into 6 pages already! So sorry everyone, I've just been busy and not had time to read or make comments. Here are a few comments for those performances i was able to hear:

02 Peyton Blink of an eye – beautiful! Complex rhythms there between the hands you handled beautifully.

05 Jazzwee – Body and Soul – Lovely little gentle touches and very listenable. Nicely chosen! You left enough melody for me to follow.

12 Was True Beginner – Sighs of the Night – I wasn't distracted by noise, just enjoyed your playing. You have been true to yourself in keeping the composition going, and you play this with a great deal of musicality.

13 Ben Piano – Nuvole Bianche – You keep a steady beat which is essential for this, thankyou for sharing!

19 Sam S Sonata Scarlatti – You handle this nicely, even some tricky LH arpeggio passages. It's good to hear music of this era! If I was to make one suggestion it would be to work on the legato in the thirds passages – it is possible! smile Well done, though, for not pedalling – it would have been a mistake.

T
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
T
A huge vote of thanks to Monica for organising the recital, and to all those who participated and listen. I realise the big quarterly recital does give me something to aim for. A special thanks also to Hawgdriver, jotur, Sam S, Farm Girl, Cebu kid, jazzwee, Glen and Andy Platt for their encouragement regarding my own contribution.

Glen - you commented on the dynamics. I did ask myself if it was right to put dynamics in, given the music was intended for the harpsichord. Eventually I decided I thought Bach would use dynamics, given the chance, so in they went! smile Glad you enjoyed it.

Cebukid - I enjoy watching youtube contributions and tried about a dozen times to video myself. There's something about the set-up that interrupts the music - it's incredibly frustrating. I could play that fugue through 5 times without a mistake, set up the video, and it all falls apart by the second line. This happened time and time again. Finally I got what I though was a decent recording of me playing. I looked and the camera was set to the top of my head so all you saw was my hair bobbing about! So, it was back to my humble zoom.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member

Sorry about that...

I'm trying to help: I'm copying the 50 MP3 files to box.com with public acccess, so you can go to:
http://www.box.com/s/ik4tum051onzrnvsb2ai

Warning: I just start moving the files now (the first submission is already there!), and I don't know how much time it takes to copy all the collection. So, take a break, and visit the site in a while. Be patient...

Edit: Okay, it's working! files appear one at a time as the upload ends.

Last edited by CarlosCC; 11/18/11 02:48 PM.

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Carlos that is great. I was just thinking if the server still won't work correctly then why don't we all just upload our files to Box.net like we do with the piano bar?

The only thing better than that would be if someone actually does it all for us; and you're doing it.

Thanks for being part of the solution.

Maybe when your done the box list can get transferred to the main recital thread and we're good to go.

Carlos saves the day!

Last edited by mr_super-hunky; 11/18/11 04:51 PM.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Great idea guys smile

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by mr_super-hunky
Carlos that is great. I was just thinking if the server still won't work correctly then why don't we all just upload our files to Box.net like we do with the piano bar?

The only thing better than that would be if someone actually does it all for us; and your doing it.

Thanks for being part of the solution.

Maybe when your done the box list can get transferred to the main recital thread and we're good to go.

Carlos saves the day!

C'mon, You're welcome!
You can listen the pieces as they become available. You do not need to wait to finish the entire collection.
So, let's go my friends! It's time to listen good music.

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
That's good news! I'm happy to be able to listen again the rest of the pieces.
Thank you so much for your kind comments about my entry. The choice of the tempo was based on the fact that I'm quite a easy person and I prefer low speeds, thus I can take my time to enjoy all the sounds.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Formerly 1WeekPlayer. Currently practicing:
- Arabesque 1. Debussy
- Wiener Urtext Primo collection
http://www.youtube.com/mcasl
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Its probably going to take me some time to get to listen to everything. Weeks from now I'll be the lone member of the forum still leaving my comments laugh

#2 Peyton ~ In the Blink of an Eye This was nice and calming to listen to after work. It sounds like snowflakes falling.

#12 (Was)TrueBeginner ~ Sighs Of The Night This reminds me of the kind of music you might hear in a movie as a character is going off into the distance to some uncertain future or as they give little snippets of their life in a passage of time sort of scene. I didn't hear anyone in the background over the sound of my own kids. I'm not sure if I want to know what's going on upstairs right now help

#13 BenPiano ~ Nuvole Bianche Sounded very nice. I wasn't able to hear any of the "mistakes" you mention.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
N
N
First of all, my short little piece is totally inadequate against some of these monster selections. Next time I will string some jigs and reels together. I have enjoyed listening to the entire recital and thank you all for the enormous amount of time taken to make such wonderful recordings....and for your kind comments.

01 Wouter 79 - What a great start to a recital. I definitely listened to the whole selection. Fantastic recording.

02 Peyton - Lovely is a perfect word for this. The last stanza of your poem is now in my daybook!

03 Crescendo - very even performance

04 Carlos CC - This is a beautiful piece and you did a fine job. Sad? No....I find most of Einaudi's work very reflective though.

05 Jazzwee - There's quite a sizable jazz group on this forum! I enjoyed this.

06 Knotty - Nice mix....enjoyed time with your group.

07 Mr_Super_Hunky - As has been said before....a very pleasant journey. Actually went on the journey twice.

08 Jazztpt - smoky, relaxing and easy listening for sure

09 lady payne - This was awesome. It reminded me of so many different melodies but always returned to something unique.

10 Riddler - Full rich sound. I enjoyed it.

11 Ken - I have probably listened to this piece the most, mainly because I had such a great deal of difficulty in understanding where you were coming from!! I enjoyed listening to Monk years ago and had to Google search a bit to reacquaint myself with his style. With more listening time, came an appreciation of your selection. Isn't it funny how that works?

12 (Was) True Beginner - A very pretty original. I am in awe of all of you who compose your own music.

13 BenPiano - Thanks to Monica, Einaudi has become a favorite of mine. I tend to really enjoy a performance that I have a familiarity with. Loved your playing.

14 joangolfing - What a beautiful flowing piece.

15 TrapperJohn - Nice steady rhythmic playing

16 Augustina - Totally new to me. Sounds like a difficult choice to count out, but you did very well.

17 timmyab - great control throughout

18 Bessel - you sound like you are on your way!

19 Sams - I am envious of anyone who attempts Scarlatti. Great.

20 Clemente - Initially this had a very chaotic sound and then it seemed to fall in to place. I liked it.

21 SwissMs - The 2nd half was my favorite. Lively

22 Serge88 - Nice LH improvisation.

23 Wayne32yrs - Monk, Lady Gaga and Bach. What a perfect kind of recital!

24 dannylux - I find it so interesting how everyone comes up with their choices of music to play and a bit disturbing (from my part), that so many of them are unknown to me! I will have to research this one as I enjoyed it.

25 Monica - Well Monica, you have done it again. I really enjoyed Behind the Waterfall, your playing of it, the sound of your piano and your recording. A complete package! And just like the first time I heard Einaudi....I wanted the sheet music asap....which I now have, thanks to the quick service of MusicNotes. This is not the type of music I normally listen to so am grateful to all of you for passing on "your passions".

More...later

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by CarlosCC

Sorry about that...

I'm trying to help: I'm copying the 50 MP3 files to box.com with public acccess, so you can go to:
http://www.box.com/s/ik4tum051onzrnvsb2ai

Warning: I just start moving the files now (the first submission is already there!), and I don't know how much time it takes to copy all the collection. So, take a break, and visit the site in a while. Be patient...

Edit: Okay, it's working! files appear one at a time as the upload ends.

Ok, it's done!
All the participations are online now.
I don't know the limitations about trafic in box.net so I think it's a good option to dowload all the files to your computer. Of course you can listen them online.
Monica, can you put this information in the main thread?

Enjoy!

ABF Recital #24 backup link
http://www.box.com/shared/ik4tum051onzrnvsb2ai/1/155977183

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
1000 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
1000 Post Club Member
Carlos saves the day!! I think Copper should award a special medal for you! Thank you, thank you!

Back on track...

28. Andy Platt - Sonatina no.4 in F/Clementi - You made the first movement so fun - the second movement was played so delicately, like dancers tip-toeing across the floor. And then the jubilant third movement! Great LH there! One of those that could have gotten away from you, but didn't. The whole sonatina made me happy.

30. TXDennis - Elegie/Massanet - I've always loved this "melodie" and I think you played it perfectly. Smooth and lyrical. Somehow I never thought of it as funereal. Thanks for reminding me of this one, I will have to revisit it. Very nice feeling you put into this, Dennis.

32. Teodor - Bach Dm Little Prelude BWV926/Bach - Great work, Teodor! I especially liked your ornaments. I hope you're enjoying your piano/music adventure as much as your enthusiam shows!

33. Laura Joffe - Fugue 17 in Ab BWV 862/Bach - Oh, this is just excellent! I agree with others who have commented on how well you brought all four voices out. The separation was clear and concise. Just a lovely, singing fugue you've performed. Wonderful!

36. Hawgdriver - Landler/Schubert - Having had my relisten......I'm so taken with your crisp, articulate touch. It was nice to hear the landler all together this time through. smile. Your recording order was so well put together, with the reprise of #1. A top-notch job!

Think less - play more

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Thanks, Carlos!! yippie

I added the link to the end of the main recital thread, but I wasn't able to add it to the very first post with all the other info because the window for editing had already past. If Greg sees this, he can add it up there, too.

I haven't even had time myself to start listening and commenting, and I may not be able to get to them until after Thanksgiving. eek

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I LOVE these recitals!
Here is the first batch:

01. wouter79 - Mozart KV545
What a great start! You sound more experienced than your profile states, and it's an incredible job for someone with 1.5Y of experience. Well done.

02. Peyton - In the Blink of an Eye
I loved the environment that you created with this original melody. Very calm and peaceful intro, plus a very good development of it. I really enjoyed.

03. crescendo - Viennese Sonatina no 1 - Minuet and Trio
Well played, and with very distinct and rhythmic phrases. Good job.

04. CarlosCC - Monday
Well, that's me. smile

05. Jazzwee - Body and Soul
Very nice indeed. Good rithm and a nice melody resulting in a very pleasent piece. The sound quality is excelent, too. Well done.

06. knotty - Blue Bossa
So cool! It seams that the inspiration of this piece cames from the brazilian style Bossa Nova, because it has some "colors" of it - maybe it's why you call it "Blue Bossa"-. It sounds professional to me. Congratulations.

07. Mr_Super-Hunky - Tears of Joy - original cover
I love the way you create "real waves" of sounds which gives a very immersive environment to the melody. So calm, so optimistic and so full of hope. Bravo!

08. jazztpt - A Long Time In The Making
I like the idea of sending an original composition in the first recital participation because it shows your confidence with the piano. Nice sound, good ambience, well done!

09. ladypayne - The song of the unkown
This is a nice original composition. You have keep the melody along the entire piece with good variations in rhythm and intensity, which resulted in a great job. Concerning with the title... well, sorry I'm not risking. You created de piece, so, I think only you can know what inspired you. In short: Good work, keep composing!

10. Riddler (Ed) - I Remember Clifford
Thankfully, you can already play the piano again! It was a shame not to hear this wonderfull piece. You did it very well!

11. Ken. - Evidence
Ken, you're right. This is a very unusual piece but I think recitals also serve to broaden our musical knowledge. So, thanks for bringing this piece. I had never heard it before, and it seemed very challenging to play. Good job.

12. (Was)TrueBeginner - Sighs Of The Night
I begin to realize that more and more (brave) participants bring original pieces. Your composition is full of emotion and I can appreciate your hard work in turning it in a lovely piece.

13. BenPiano - Nuvole Bianche
This was the first piece I've heard of Einaudi. Precisely in the ABF Recital # 19 (played by AnthonyB). So, I remember perfectly what caught my attention and what led me to discover the composer. I am therefore a kind of "suspicious" to comment this work, but I'll try to be exempt. Ben, you did an excelent work and a very solid interpretation. You have kept the harmony of music throughout the entire piece and the rhythm is excellent. I'll try to play this piece one day.Thanks.

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hi Carlos, I've sent you a PM, I think I made something wrong.

Page 9 of 18 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 17 18

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission