2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
57 members (Adam Reynolds, AJMurphy, Barry_Braksick, AlkansBookcase, APianistHasNoName, Carey, brdwyguy, beeboss, 7 invisible), 1,590 guests, and 218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
C
Gorgeous! Happy playing smile

Du holde Kunst...
Canonie Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
laugh You are all very kind and encouraging, thank you for sharing in my momentious happening. The piano has begun to migrate around room - I am testing acoustics of different locations.

[Linked Image]
Composers manufacture a product that is universally deemed superfluous—at least until their music enters public consciousness, at which point people begin to say that they could not live without it.
Alex Ross.
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
....and here's another belated congratulations!! smile

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Canonie
laugh You are all very kind and encouraging, thank you for sharing in my momentious happening. The piano has begun to migrate around room - I am testing acoustics of different locations.

You can shift it around yourself? WOW!
(Mine has wheels, but I still can't shift it...)

By the way, it is gorgeous! smile

[Linked Image]

Music is my best friend.

C
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
C
Originally Posted by ChopinAddict

Which reminds me - we haven't had pikkies of your new piano yet, CA. smile

Du holde Kunst...
Canonie Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Yes I can shift it, just not lift it up wink It helps to turn the wheels to right direction before a pull or push. Mind you, I did nearly get stuck with it across the middle of the room this morning - a lumpy bit of carpet.

I never realised I could move a piano until I first saw my tuner/technician move it. Watch her move your piano when she next visits and you may find you can copy her techniques.

Yes, and Where.....Are...... Your......Pics.....CA?

[Linked Image]
Composers manufacture a product that is universally deemed superfluous—at least until their music enters public consciousness, at which point people begin to say that they could not live without it.
Alex Ross.
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by currawong

Which reminds me - we haven't had pikkies of your new piano yet, CA. smile

ha I only have the very first ones. I was hoping to take some better pictures on a SUNNY day so I don't need the flash that reflects on the surface, but it is always dark these days here... frown

[Linked Image]

Music is my best friend.

J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
what a wonderful piano, Canonie. Do you think you could shift it as far as Santa Fe? I don't have room for a grand, but a beautiful upright. . .

I know you'll love it.

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
O
O
Canonie how does your upright compares with baby/grand of similar or a little higher price like Yamaha C1/2 or Kawai RX1/2? I wanted for a long time now to get an answer from someone who actually owns a highend upright...

Canonie Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Cathy, I'm not quite that strong grin

Olvidiu
I wish I could give you some good information, but I didn't make much of a survey. My living situation is very good and very stable, but tiny. I can't even consider a grand, so I didn't. It's been in the back of my mind for about a year that I'll need to upgrade my 121 soonish.

Then I get this spontaneous offer from shop owner when I was buying books, an offer that is good for where I live. There was another high end vertical in the same shop which I had paid some attention about a month earlier, but I didn't really fall in love with it (it was a Schimmel). I was in serious shopping mode so I didn't look at the grands. Before he pointed me towards the yus5 the shop owner directed me to try a very small Kawai Grand. It was about 1/2 the price of yus5, but I did not like it at all <shrugs>.

Some months ago the owner said I was welcome to try out all the grands in the grand room (knowing that I was not wanting to buy). After a truly pleasant few hours I found my dream piano and continued to play it til closing time. The owner laughed when I told him which one I loved "You've chosen the most expensive laugh " (there were prices only on some).
I believe my teacher is on the verge of buying a grand (it may be a C2 ? ), if she gets it I will be in a good position to compare.

I can't wait until I get first tuning (but have to wait until it settles) and discuss the sound with my tech. I have hardly played it for days because I had a cello etc performance tonight, so I had to MAKE myself prepare for that instead ha

[Linked Image]
Alex Ross.
O
O
Cathy, I'm not quite that strong grin

Olvidiu
I wish I could give you some good information, but I didn't make much of a survey. My living situation is very good and very stable, but tiny. I can't even consider a grand, so I didn't. It's been in the back of my mind for about a year that I'll need to upgrade my 121 soonish.

Then I get this spontaneous offer from shop owner when I was buying books, an offer that is good for where I live. There was another high end vertical in the same shop which I had paid some attention about a month earlier, but I didn't really fall in love with it (it was a Schimmel). I was in serious shopping mode so I didn't look at the grands. Before he pointed me towards the yus5 the shop owner directed me to try a very small Kawai Grand. It was about 1/2 the price of yus5, but I did not like it at all <shrugs>.

Some months ago the owner said I was welcome to try out all the grands in the grand room (knowing that I was not wanting to buy). After a truly pleasant few hours I found my dream piano and continued to play it til closing time. The owner laughed when I told him which one I loved "You've chosen the most expensive laugh " (there were prices only on some).
I believe my teacher is on the verge of buying a grand (it may be a C2 ? ), if she gets it I will be in a good position to compare.

I can't wait until I get first tuning (but have to wait until it settles) and discuss the sound with my tech. I have hardly played it for days because I had a cello etc performance tonight, so I had to MAKE myself prepare for that instead ha

Me = Ovidiu like in Ovidius, the latin poet;)

Ok then. Ill wait for the comparative review with yout teachers grand:)

Last edited by Ovidiu M; 07/20/11 01:05 PM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,310
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission