2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
76 members (amc252, benkeys, apianostudent, Bellyman, AlkansBookcase, accordeur, akse0435, 15 invisible), 1,971 guests, and 308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
A
OP Offline
A
This past winter I started teaching piano again. My 7 year old son and niece wanted to learn, so over the winter I set about teaching them the rudiments; and, really enjoyed it. Ideas of taking teaching to a slightly larger level began to take shape. Unfortunately, our piano - a console that my grandmother purchased and dragged all over the western half of Canada - was in need of substantial repair or replacement.

I had in mind a small grand but would have been content with an upright. My husband and I set about looking locally (northern British Columbia) but were unable to locate a small grand that suited the sound and quality I was looking for in a comfortable price range. New Yamaha pianos available locally in the $10-18‘000 price range were too bright sounding for my taste. I liked the GC1 but not enough for the $18‘000 price tag. My husband encouraged me to start lining up used and new grands in the Vancouver area with an eye to flying down and buying one there. Internet searches eventually led us to Heritage Pianos and my first phone call with someone who seemed to legitimately ‘know’ pianos and prioritize my needs and desires. Norbert - who many of you already know well from this forum - was a real help. He spent a great deal of time on the phone with me presenting options, answering questions and even playing pianos over the phone for me. Norbert seemed to really enjoy the challenge of pairing me with a lovely sounding instrument that I could afford. He even went as far as recommending a quality used piano that he knew was being privately sold.

I ended up deciding on a new Ritmuller GH148 and Norbert arranged shipping to Prince George within the week (we expected 2-4 weeks at a minimum); and at a much better rate than any quote we had received . Refreshingly, Norbert wanted to ensure that the piano was on its way to PG and that our local Tech was suitable to handle any technical issues on our end prior to making any arrangements for us to pay him. My husband and I both felt at great ease with Norbert. Not coincidentally, the piano Norbert initially recommended and played for me was the Rit, and the one I eventually purchased.

As for the Rit, I’m still a little stunned when I walk into living room and see it there. Even more stunned when I sit down and play it. It’s a lovely sounding instrument. I could go on about it but beauty is in the eye (or ear) of the beholder. Besides, this forum is full of logs from people who’ve played the new Rit and love it. Our family loves it too.

Thanks a lot Norbert!

Angela

G
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
G
Pictures!

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Did I miss whether it is a grand or an upright? We don't know the numbers!

Congrats on either - getting a new piano is very exciting!

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
D
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
D
Congratulations on getting a piano you love. We want to see pictures of the piano, but are even more interested in pictures of Norbert grin

Isn't it a wonderful thing to walk into your piano room and get that thrilled feeling to see your beautiful new piano?

Dan

Dan and Laura Larson
Fazioli and Ibach grands
Larson Piano Studio
http://www.stoneformsart.com/
P
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
P
Congratulations! We would all love to see your pics when it's delivered.. Glad you like it. But, as lilylady said before, is it a grand or an upright? I've got a feeling it's a grand, as I recall playing a Rit a few months ago with a similar model number.

Enjoy, and good luck,
Rotom

1942 Baldwin M
A
OP Offline
A
It's a grand....we'll see about a picture soon.

M
M
The GH148 is a 4'10" grand that sounds more like a 5'6".

Congratulations on your new Rit! Did you get the ebony or mahogany? And pictures are always a major plus here.

Mike

If you're bored, try my blog (mostly faith & family): http://mikeheel.wordpress.com.
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Congratulations on your new Rit baby grand piano! I know you and your family are thrilled! And, I'm sure Norbert appreciates your kind words.

Take care,

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
Thank you very much!

OP decided on her new grand "sight unseen".

A special honor - delighted you are very happy with it!

Best regards to whole family: hope you will enjoy your new piano for long time!

Make sure to come visit when you're in our neck of the woods..

Norbert smile

A
OP Offline
A
Well it has been about 6 months since my new Ritmueller arrived. Being a single income family and generally cautious spenders there is usually a period of buyers remorse that seems to set in with my husband and I after a major purchase..... let me assure you that neither of us have had a single moment with these sort of feelings!

I have played my new Rit almost everyday since it arrived. I love it!!! In retrospect we should have upgraded years earlier.... but then maybe we wouldn't have had the patience to find or commitment to purchasing such a fine instrument.... either way we love it.

Many thanks again to Norbert of Heritage Pianos for making this purchase such an excellent experience for my husband and I. It's rare to meet a salesperson who seems genuinely interested in pairing good products with people.

At the recommendation of Peter (our tech) we installed a Damp-Chaser. It was a lot of money but knowing how hard our seasonal changes were on my last piano, we decided to take the plunge earlier rather than later. Besides we've come to trust Peter over the past number of months. (he's most impressed with the Rit as well). I started teaching a handful of students this year and decided a commitment to good piano maintenance and care should be one of the foundations of my new home business.

Norbert, Please feel free to pass our name onto any prospective purchasers in the event they need a testimonial or might find Prince George a convenient locale to 'test drive' a well tuned Rit!

Best regards,

Angela

A
OP Offline
A
FYI also,

If you need a great piano tech in the Prince George BC area, try Peter Stevenson at ps@pspianoservice.com

Congrats, on getting a piano you love. My piano was delivered today and I adore even more than when I tried at the showroom. When you have a chance, you should post some pictures of it.

P
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
P
I'm glad you love it! heart Congratulations, and have fun with it!

Wait a sec, where are the pictures? grin

1942 Baldwin M
G
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by AngelaMW
I have played my new Rit almost everyday since it arrived. I love it!!! In retrospect we should have upgraded years earlier...

Actually, the new Rits weren't re-designed until just 2 or 3 years ago. So everything happened at the right time!

M
M
Always nice to hear a story with a happy ending. You are very brave to buy a piano sight unseen. Glad it worked out, but I'm sure Norbert had something to do with the successful outcome.

1928 Chas. M. Stieff 6'1" Grand. Major rebuild 2011
1920 Mason & Risch Upright (actually my mother's)
1971 Hammond R-100
Roland KR577
Roland VK-8M Tonewheel organ module
GigaStudio GS3 Ensemble (Bosendorfer & Estonia piano samples)
Roland E20, JV30 (retired)
An old concertina which I can't play
Angela:

Thank you very much for your update from beautiful Northern B.C.

Now we know that Ritmüller's longevity is at least 4 months and are made, well for our neck of the woods.... thumb

Norbert

Congrats! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Piano obsession started November 2010.
Ragtime Butcher
Kayserburg U123
[Linked Image]
M
M
Hello, I too recently purchased a piano from Heritage Pianos. Norbert was exceptional. He came on the recommendation of my piano technician. Norbert guided me to play about a dozen or so pianos. I settled on a Hailun HG178 for my home. It was shipped up in about a week at an unbelievable rate. The piano sounds absolutely gorgeous. I have played piano for 44 of my 49 years and I've never played a more enjoyable piano. Norbert explained to me the differences in this and the competing "big" names. This one is hands down above the others. I an a high school band and choral director and have many pianos in my class and stage. I wish I had a Hailun at work. Norbert provided me with exceptional service with his knowledge, expertise and down to earth humour and wit.I visited four major piano dealers in the Vancouver area and Norbert was the only dealer willing to spend the time explaining the brands and manufacturing particulars. I highly recommend Heritage Pianos if you are serious about buying a quality piano at a great price.

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,273
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission