2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
65 members (accordeur, akse0435, danno858, AlkansBookcase, David B, Barry_Braksick, BadSanta, danbot3, 13 invisible), 1,843 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
W
Originally Posted by Dave Horne
I searched the BBC News (using Lang Lang White House) and came up with nothing.

I'm guessing this is a news item for ultra right wing sites that see conspiracies everywhere. smile

Could someone provide a CNN, BBC, or AP News link that has a hysterical response to all of this?

The lack of any mention of this situation by CNN, BBC, or the AP perhaps says more about those news services than it does about the merits of the story.

J
J
IMHO, the ONLY interest in the story as far as "Pianist Corner' (that's the name of the Forum, right?) is whether Lang Lang may have played (whatever he played) loud, or soft, maybe too fast or slow; maybe of interest might be the key in which he played it, or arrangement, if the piece was not originally for the piano. Anything else, while it *may* be worthy of discussion, it should be discussed in any of the thousand (I'm sure there are that many) Forums elsewhere for whatever other topic you think it should belong in.
(I'm done now).

Jose
Kawai K5 - Kawai CA61
T
T
well spoken wdot...

i feel like when people say things like mr horne said, its like we took a time warp back 500 years and you might as well say,

"well if the church says the world is flat then then its flat. you are just saying its round not because its round but because you don't like the church."

please don't be a walter duranty from the nyt.(stationed in moscow shortly after the revolution and denied any atrocities and famine only for us to hear years later by nyt own admission there were over 30 million that were murdered under the communist rule)

facts are facts regarding china's human rights issues and laughing and saying its hysterical is just simply the reason why it continues.

the majority of the people that started epoch times, where the article came from, suffered under the ccp and had no outlet in which to tell their stories as no one would listen, so they started their own news service. its the most widely read chinese language news in the world actually... tells me the readers also have stories.

i hope you can take this friendly criticism mr. horne and be rational, i mean no offense.

have a great day.

Charles Walter Model W (190)

“The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul.” J.S. Bach

"I just want to know, if we came from monkeys and apes, WHY DO WE STILL HAVE MONKEYS AND APES?" George Carlin
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
In 1958 Van Cliburn won the Tchaikovsky Competition in Moscow, he chose to perform a particular song as an encore following his victory concert: Moscow Nights. That's right, he played a popular Russian song - not "America, the Beautiful" or some such to rub the Muscovites' noses in it.

Cliburn repeated that song when he performed at the White House during the 1987 Reagan/Gorbachev summit.

That's how a person with class and taste handles playing in a foreign land - especially at a time of international tension.

Lang Lang played My Motherland. He may not have known that some might find this song offensive - in which case he's learned little despite extensive travel. But he's certainly learning now.

Lang Lang has already demonstrated his lack of taste in nearly all of his performances.

Hank Drake

Admin: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VladimirHorowitzPianist

The composers want performers be imaginative, in the direction of their thinking--not just robots, who execute orders.
George Szell
B
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
B
And this political discussion has now ended. Back to piano related matters.

Greg
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,633
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission