2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
42 members (bwv543, Andre Fadel, Animisha, alexcomoda, benkeys, Burkhard, 20/20 Vision, 10 invisible), 1,172 guests, and 282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 30 of 40 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 39 40
C
C
Originally Posted by B. Michels
Originally Posted by ClassicalMastery
.The RD-700 series won't be replaced soon, but don't buy anything now. For all we know Roland could release the V-Piano 2 with Extra SuperNATURAL sound.

Roland 2011 surprises

Where did you get this info about the release of a V-Piano 2 ?? I am dreaming of this, but unfortunately, I don't expect anything like this soon. So, any additional comment on this rumor will be welcomed.

thanks
This is no rumor. I wrote, "For all we know..." because sooner or later the V-Piano will be superseded. Ideally, there will be the V-Piano 2. But don't expect an upgraded model this soon.

C
C
Originally Posted by B. Michels
Question about headphone: I found that the internal headphone AMP of the RD-700 is not strong enough for my AKG 240 MK2/AKG271. I need to put volume all the way up to get the same volume that a V-Piano will provide at 50% volume.

--> Are some people using a Headphone AMP with their RD-700 ?

Or Will a more sensitive headphone solve the problem, but the AKG 240 are already quite efficient since they are OK with MP3 players. May be a Grado headphone ?
Most of the time I don't raise the volume level of my NX more than halfway with the headphones I am using.

D
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
D
Like I said over the KC forum, the headphone output of the 700NX is pretty hot.
When I was checking it out for the first time the other day I had my 240s. I couldn't turn the volume all the way up without it being pretty darn loud--at least to me. In comparison my CP5 isn't loud enough with the 240s, I could probably use a good 30% more headroom.

S
S
I agree with Dave and Classical. Around 50% is loud enough on my 240s. I may vary a bit depending on which piano I am using, but at full volume I would expect to destroy my hearing with regular use.

Roland RD-700NX

[Linked Image]
D
D
Originally Posted by PianoZac
Originally Posted by f.locutus
I don't remember if this video regarding an issue with the 700NX has been posted before.

I hope it's a sporadic case.

Fabrizio

Nope it's not. I have the same problem with my RD-700GXF. It must be be something with the SuperNATURAL piano, because when I switch over to the non-SN pianos it doesn't have that bazaar cut off. I tested the RD700NX when I briefly owned it, and it did the same thing. I have NO idea why the SN pianos do that. The V-Piano does not though. I checked it.

I also noticed this and contacted Roland about it. They are trying to find a solution for this, they told me.

Roland RD700NX
B
B
Has anyone tried out the 700NX yet??

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by bsl100
Has anyone tried out the 700NX yet??

I bought one from Sweetwater music back in November and returned it, but not because I didn't like it. Only because there was virtually no difference other than a small difference in the PHA II action on my RD700GXF vs the PHA III action on the RD700NX. It's a fabulous digital piano, with exceptional action and piano sounds. Coming from a GXF, there were no surprises though. I'd strongly recommend the RD700NX to anyone looking for great piano sounds and great action.

Studiologic Numa X Piano GT with Native Instruments Noire
To 700NX owners:

Do your keys get "dirty" over time with regular playing?

My keys, especially the midrange ones, are getting a bit dirty. The dirt seems to form some kind of wood grain patterns on the keys, perhaps from the "moisture absorbent" nature of the keys themselves. I tried using a wrung wet towel to wipe them off but to no avail. Any idea or similar experience?

B
B
Dewster,

Congrats on your RD-700NX buy.

Hope you can give a detailed review of the product.

Also, you were contemplating between the FP-7F (in-built speakers) and the RD-700NX (no speakers). What made you go for the latter. Were you able o compare the KEY actions and other features betwwen the two.

Would appreciate detailed reviews from others too. Either 7F or 700NX.

Brian

dewster Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Congrats on your RD-700NX buy.

Hope you can give a detailed review of the product.

Thanks, I hope to as soon as I can sort out my MIDI sequencer issues. I truly wish the NX had better MIDI => WAV rendering capability. All of this connectivity and no way to do anything it seems.

Also, you were contemplating between the FP-7F (in-built speakers) and the RD-700NX (no speakers). What made you go for the latter. Were you able o compare the KEY actions and other features betwwen the two.

No, ordered the NX sight unseen based on some hands-on with the GX. If the 300NX was available at the time, or if the 7F were offered by RMC Audio, I might have considered those, but all the extra sounds in the 700NX were rather compelling, not sure I'd want anything less - though the weight and length are certainly something to consider if you move it about at all, and crappy internal speakers and a music rest would have been very welcome additions I would have certainly paid extra for.

J
JFP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
Hi, this thread is rather long and it has perhaps been mentioned somewhere already, but has the polyphony problem with the SN board been solved by Roland. (Annoying note stealing / cut-off when playing comfortably within the 128 notes polyphony limit) ?

If not - will the RD300NX show the same problems or will it have a newer revision of the SN implementation (guess not, but who knows) ?

T
T
Can anyone comment on the rest of the sounds in the NX? Same as the GX?
Seems like the pianos have improved over the GX but what about the electric ones?

Roland RD800, EV ZXA-1.
H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
Originally Posted by Othello
To 700NX owners:

My keys, especially the midrange ones, are getting a bit dirty. The dirt seems to form some kind of wood grain patterns on the keys, perhaps from the "moisture absorbent" nature of the keys themselves. I tried using a wrung wet towel to wipe them off but to no avail. Any idea or similar experience?

Geez. Not that again. The 700NX hasn't been out long but it if the premature wear issue still exists, a few months of rigorous playing is going to start revealing it. Call for a warranty replacement while you can.

Last edited by Hideki Matsui; 01/18/11 10:45 AM.

Shigeru Kawai SK5
Vintage Vibe 64
Roland LX-15e
Roland Jupiter 80
H
H
What a great thread. I'm in the market and have been doing a lot of reading and this thread helped a lot. For such new gear it's hard to find it on the floor to demo. Sam Ash and GC wouldn't open one and told me to play the fp-7 which is very similar. (I guess they both were having bad days). I have a Roland A-90ex which I love but is breaking - up to about 7 keys now and is close to retirement. It's served it's time. So I've been using a Yamaha KX-8 and running mainstage for about 6 months. I play every Sunday so I'm looking for both a stage piano and a controller.

The KX-8 is awful in a live environment. It's great if I'm laying down tracks in my home studio but the Key bed response and the latency issues when jamming with the band were enough for me to buy a real stage piano. Enter the 700NX.

I have read a lot of posts about all the new keys out today but the keybed feel and the Sound Focus Feature makes the 700nx a clear winner for me when comparing. When the band gets hot, the keys are the first to go in muddy waters so the fact that Roland is trying to accomodate us keyboarders in bands is awesome - even if it doesn't work......

I haven't seen a lot of posts of 700nx's in a live environment though which made me think of jumping into the thread. Also the teaser trailer by Roland is not very good either for asking you to invest $2.5k. Did you see the one posted by Sweetwater about the 300NX at NAMM? Ughh - I feel sorry for the keyboard. It's like catching a glimpse of a supermodel sittin' on the can with no make up on while having all the potential of a centerfold. I don't know if it's the camera or the amp to blame bit it doesn't do Roland justice. wouldn't even do Casio justice. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVE7yVcf4Ls&feature=player_embedded

I have never bought anything so expensive without playing it first so I'm still very nervous about it but as with anything you buy, there are advantages and drawbacks to everything but all in all - the 700nx is getting superb feedback and wins for what I need it for. I will provide feedback on playing it live in later posts. The new axe is to arrive on Friday and hope to break the bottle over it on Sunday's set.

BAND SET UP
2 guitars (acoustic/electric), bass, drums, lead singer and 2 back up singers and KEYS.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I agree. That video of the RD300NX is a rather poor demonstration. Why are they performing Lady Gaga songs to demo a stage piano? This will be a nice cheaper alternative to the RD700NX, but for live use, I've been very disappointed with how the SuperNATURAL pianos cut through. They sound anemic in a mix. Through headphone and studio monitors, the SN pianos sound just amazing. It's too bad they lose their character on stage. Perhaps the RD700NX's Sound Focus can help. I'd like to hear one live.

Studiologic Numa X Piano GT with Native Instruments Noire
D
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
D

D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
Did you see the one posted by Sweetwater about the 300NX at NAMM? Ughh - I feel sorry for the keyboard. It's like catching a glimpse of a supermodel sittin' on the can with no make up on while having all the potential of a centerfold. I don't know if it's the camera or the amp to blame bit it doesn't do Roland justice. wouldn't even do Casio justice. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVE7yVcf4Ls&feature=player_embedded

That's so bad its good ..... thanks for the laugh grin

"I'm still an idiot and I'm still in love" - Blue Sofa - The Plugz 1981 (Tito Larriva)
Disclosure : I am professionally associated with Arturia but my sentiments are my own only.
I hope not... AFAIK, the "dirt" does not resemble the key wear problems on the V-Piano I saw in Guitar Center. The keys while getting dirty, remain smooth and not rough and grainy like the latter. Let's hope that there exist some key cleaning solution to get the dirt out without ridding the key gloss..

J
JFP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
That video is a joke ;-) I couldn't even see it through to the end, it's pathetic. Lucky enough the guys on this forum will see through bad demonstrations like this and value the instrument on it's own. Anyone knows when the RD300NX will hit the shops, so we can expect some real user demo's on line ?

D
D
Originally Posted by Othello
To 700NX owners:

They are still looking clean, but some keys on my NX are starting to have little scratches on them. After only two month of use (and always short finger-nails!).
The key-wear-problem isn't solved, I believe.
This and the cut-off thing is really annoying. Sad, because otherwise its just a great playing-experience.

Roland RD700NX
Page 30 of 40 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 39 40

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,173
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission