2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
53 members (brdwyguy, btcomm, 716GoBills, august112, BachToTheFuture, bobrunyan, Abdol, 8ude, AlphaTerminus, BeowulfX, 10 invisible), 901 guests, and 523 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
L
Hi all, I'm relatively new here. I heard some of the recordings here. We have some phenomenal pianists here! Chopin is one of my favorite composers and I have a (not very good quality) recording of the fantaisie impromptu that I played on my clavinova digital piano 4 years ago. Its not very good, just passable. http://www.box.net/shared/srbz0hgbl9 If you guys don't mind, I'd love to submit it.

There's also a Waltz in E minor that I played and recorded today on my new to me yamaha P22 studio upright. The recording quality again is poor. http://www.box.net/shared/90s4jybz51

I tried the link given in the first post in this thread but the submission link doesn't work. Can somebody please guide me? I've tried to use the noise reduction function in audacity but it distorts things. So I left the noise in. Technically adept people can try and fix it for me and it shall be highly appreciated!

Thanks.

Last edited by liszt85; 10/14/10 11:33 PM.
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Okay I'm in. Submission is all done. No problems other than the original link on the first page is bad. The e-cital link does get you in though.

I hope fellow members have an open mind to "creative interpretation" from an unskooled hack as I know there is no-way anyone here is snobbish or stuffy. Gerg even said so!

Can't wait to hear the performances.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by liszt85
Hi all, I'm relatively new here. I heard some of the recordings here. We have some phenomenal pianists here! Chopin is one of my favorite composers and I have a (not very good quality) recording of the fantaisie impromptu that I played on my clavinova digital piano 4 years ago. Its not very good, just passable. http://www.box.net/shared/srbz0hgbl9 If you guys don't mind, I'd love to submit it.

There's also a Waltz in E minor that I played and recorded today on my new to me yamaha P22 studio upright. The recording quality again is poor. http://www.box.net/shared/90s4jybz51

I tried the link given in the first post in this thread but the submission link doesn't work. Can somebody please guide me? I've tried to use the noise reduction function in audacity but it distorts things. So I left the noise in. Technically adept people can try and fix it for me and it shall be highly appreciated!

Thanks.

Hey liszt85, use this link:
http://www.ecital.net/submit.php

By the way, I just listened to your Fantaisie Impromptu and it sounds terrific, way better than mine! smile

"Playing the piano is my greatest joy...period."......JP
L
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
L
Originally Posted by jazzyprof

Hey liszt85, use this link:
http://www.ecital.net/submit.php

By the way, I just listened to your Fantaisie Impromptu and it sounds terrific, way better than mine! smile

Thanks smile That was recorded 4 years ago. I haven't played it since. I need to work on that last page and get it back on track. I'm working on an Etude Op 25 No.2 and that E minor waltz now. I didn't think I could do a decent job by the 17th, so I ended up submitting those bad quality recordings anyway as I wanted to contribute to the 200 yr celebrations because Chopin has been a huge inspiring force in my life. wink

Keep working at the impromptu, good luck!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Liszt85,

I want to wish you a warm welcome! I'm so glad that you can contribute a piece to our Chopin e-cital, which opens Sunday. Cannot wait to hear everyone!

All systems are go at this point.

http://www.ecital.net
Wikicital: A collaborative effort to build a knowledgebase of classical music history combined with examples. Your chance to both perform and write...

Don't click here!
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by mr_super-hunky
...... I know there is no-way anyone here is snobbish or stuffy.

That's what you think! laugh

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Less than 10 hours to go.

Well after many attempts to get my fingers to work properly I've decided that it's simply not going to happen for this piece (Db Waltz). I apologize for not submitting, but I'm kind of tough on myself and won't post a recording that is a mess. I'm looking forward to listening to the recital pieces.

Andy

[Linked Image]
I'm still going to submit, but it will be late tonight. Full harvest swing on the Alberta prairies. No time for red dot anxiety smile

L
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
L
Originally Posted by gerg
Liszt85,

I want to wish you a warm welcome! I'm so glad that you can contribute a piece to our Chopin e-cital, which opens Sunday. Cannot wait to hear everyone!

Thanks Gerg. I did submit but I don't find my name in the list. Can you please confirm if the submissions were received in the right format (mp3)?

Thanks.

Gold member until Dec. 2012
1000 Post Club Member

Gold member until Dec. 2012
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by liszt85
Originally Posted by gerg
Liszt85,

Thanks Gerg. I did submit but I don't find my name in the list. Can you please confirm if the submissions were received in the right format (mp3)?

Thanks.

liszt,

I just looked and you are in. If you click on the link- look to the left and click the listen button and then the "view current submissions" button and you will see you are listed.
Carl

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I was thinking of you all a lot today, with the last-minute e-cital-ness, especially gerg. Now having read the last page and all about the technical issues, I am feeling even more sympathetic and grateful that this is being done!

I wandered over to Square d'Orleans today, to what used to be the high altar of piano pedagogy, but the outer doors were closed to the public and I couldn't go over to Chopin's doorway like I did the last time I was in Paris. I don't know whether they keep the place closed all the time now or whether they just close it in the evening. People who live there were going in and out and I felt kind of stupid hanging around staring at their doorway. Perhaps they are used to it.

Elene

L
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
L
Originally Posted by Strings & Wood

liszt,

I just looked and you are in. If you click on the link- look to the left and click the listen button and then the "view current submissions" button and you will see you are listed.
Carl

Thanks Carl. It doesn't come up on the files that can be streamed/downloaded. I guess that functionality will be in place after the deadline?

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I submitted a piece because I wanted to say Happy Birthday Chopin!

After uploading, I was on a list of about 7 submissions, but I'm not on the "View current submissions" list or on the "Current program" list.

???

Mel

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, only what you are expecting to give, which is everything. You give because you love and cannot help giving." Katharine Hepburn
Is it possible to edit the name of the submission after the fact? The op. posth. 70 doesn't show up. Or do I just resubmit it?
thanks
Caroline

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  BB Player 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Don't buy a Focusrite.
by Christopher90 - 06/25/21 07:35 AM
Smaller Room - Grand Lid Down?
by brdwyguy - 06/25/21 06:46 AM
Break-ups are hard
by Athdara - 06/24/21 11:54 PM
(Question) VST-applied MIDI and live-recorded VST
by Saberlarry - 06/24/21 11:39 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics207,694
Posts3,107,124
Members101,903
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission