2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
80 members (antune, anotherscott, A. Lucato, adamcz, Alex Hutor, Alfred La Fleur, Boboulus, 15 invisible), 1,017 guests, and 491 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
G
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
G
As one Kawai piano owner to another, congratulations. You made an excellent choice.
I am certainly surprised at the way in which it was delivered. Most unusual. Lucky it arrived undamaged. You will have many years of enjoyment with it. Gaby Tu

O
O
Congratulations!
Welcome to the white/cream piano club, it's beautiful!!! smile

Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course Book #1
Week 7
Kawai K-3
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Oz_Leikela
Congratulations!
Welcome to the white/cream piano club, it's beautiful!!! smile

haha, thanks. You own a creme/white piano too? :

J
J
You may want to ask your tuner/tech whether the purple felt in the high treble section needs to be there. It may be defeating the duplex scale effect. I know that quite a few KG-2's do not have that area muted between the hitch pins and the bar before the strings run over the bridge.

I'm no authority, but you might ask a tech.

Best of luck with your new baby. It's beautiful.

Baldwin M
Casio PX-330
Casio AP-45
We call that color 'ivory', and can be very attractive.

Kawai pianos are generally a good playing, good sounding piano, with decent tuning stability. Their actions usually hold regulation better than most.

There may be more friction than necessary, particularly in the keys themselves. Swollen key bushings or tight balance holes can add to the touch-weight of the piano. These are easy to diagnose and repair, with the right technician at hand.

Registered Piano Technician
Serving Colorado Since 1978
randy@karasikpiano.com
www.karasikpiano.com
D
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
D
oblacone,

Hope you don't mind me saying this, but I'm "sick" with jealousy! Oh my! I just LOVE the color of your piano! So wish I had ordered my piano in "ivory"! Dang! That's so nice!

Looking forward to more pictures! Please post more pictures! Not sure I can take it because I just love your piano, but post them anyways! I can't wait to see more!

LOVE THAT COLOR! . . . beautiful! I'm so jealous!

http://www.pianoworld.com/Uploads/files/goldsparkledress.jpg
Diane
Jazz/Blues/Rock/Boogie Piano Teacher
[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Congratulations!
As a very satisfied former owner of a KG-2C in the color sky-blue , I'm sure you will enjoy your piano for many years.

fingers

Playing piano at age 2, it was thought that I was some sort of idiot-savant. As it turns out, I'm just an idiot.
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
oblacone, congratulations on the new piano! I know you will enjoy it for many years. Yes, we call that a trailer in English (at least in the U.S. - it may have another name in the U.K.). I have to say that although mine was delivered in a trailer as well, it was nothing like the one yours arrived in. Mine was delivered in a much larger fully enclosed trailer that could have held 3-4 grands on their sides at once. I, too, would be concerned about the well being of my piano in a trailer that is partially open to the elements like that. I'm glad to hear that nothing bad happened to it, though.

Dennis
[Linked Image]
flickr

OP Offline
well really thats not the worst part, they just rented the trailer from the closest gas station :S which we were told over the phone, it was so frightening, mom and i were discussing how we would lay out the case when we got a half piano back and how there were witnesses XD but in the end it turned out that the movers were quite nice and when they were done, the woman said "O we are so sorry, we sincerely apologize! ...We usually would give you a chocolate now, but we didn't have any left.. so we will mail it to you!" but they aren't really professional piano movers, they are actually a firm for tuning and restoration.

Haha Diane, I'll post some more pictures here just for you :P We will be heading over there tomorrow to get the heater in place and tidy a bit, then mom goes home while i enter a ivory paradise :P But really i dont think color matters so much, It is mostly (as the kawai digital piano guy "always says") its about the touch and the tone laugh love how he says it!

S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
Why'd they need to rent the trailer from a gas station?!

I can understand if they were worried that the flash might temporarily blind them and make them trip over something while carrying a heavy piano, it's probably better to be safe than very sorry!

It is a strange story, but I'm glad your piano made it to your house safe and sound!

When do you finish moving in?

5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
I'll add my congratulations, Oblacone--- not only on your piano's arrival, but also its arrival in one piece. You have good protective energy; I think my heart would have just stopped when I saw the U-Haul that wouldn't even close. Yes, I think "frightening" says it, but since they forgot the chocolates it wasn't frightening and fattening both... and maybe the calories would have been better spent on a glass of akavit.

Anyway, congratulations, and skoal.

PS- Love the purple felts!

Last edited by Jeff Clef; 10/03/09 06:33 PM.

Clef

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by saerra
smile... and I bet that you'll actually end up adjusting to the touch a bit

This is an important point. I wouldn't ask anyone to try and adjust the feel of the keys until you've played it for a while. Many people adjust to a piano's touch quite quickly.

In case you don't already know, you should be very careful not to expose the piano to any direct sun(and maybe even any sun at all)because it will damage the outside and inside. So I would strongly consider getting something to prevent the sun coming in the windows.

Also, if the piano is touching any part of the wall I would move it away if only an inch or two to avoid the possible scratching. Another popular way to position a piano you may want to consider is with the tail pointing toward the corner at about a 45 degree angle to the adjacent walls. If you remove the caster cups, you will probably be able to move the piano yourself if you want to experiment with slightly different positions. This is assuming your wooden floor is smooth. It is also good to have two or three people slide the piano when it's on casters to deweight the piano(not to lift it). You should check about moving the piano with the dealer you bought it from and do it very carefully and slowly in any event.

Very nice color! I think there have been quite a few new ivory colored pianos at PW recently.

Last edited by pianoloverus; 10/03/09 07:14 PM.
OP Offline
Why'd they need to rent the trailer from a gas station?!

I can understand if they were worried that the flash might temporarily blind them and make them trip over something while carrying a heavy piano, it's probably better to be safe than very sorry!

It is a strange story, but I'm glad your piano made it to your house safe and sound!

When do you finish moving in?

Well its probably going to take a long time :S we need to sell our current house first so we are hoping for december.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by pianoloverus
smile... and I bet that you'll actually end up adjusting to the touch a bit

This is an important point. I wouldn't ask anyone to try and adjust the feel of the keys until you've played it for a while. Many people adjust to a piano's touch quite quickly.

Well i have changed my mind so i don't want to change it after all

In case you don't already know, you should be very careful not to expose the piano to any direct sun(and maybe even any sun at all)because it will damage the outside and inside. So I would strongly consider getting something to prevent the sun coming in the windows.

Also, if the piano is touching any part of the wall I would move it away if only an inch or two to avoid the possible scratching. Another popular way to position a piano you may want to consider is with the tail pointing toward the corner at about a 45 degree angle to the adjacent walls. If you remove the caster cups, you will probably be able to move the piano yourself if you want to experiment with slightly different positions. This is assuming your wooden floor is smooth. It is also good to have two or three people slide the piano when it's on casters to deweight the piano(not to lift it). You should check about moving the piano with the dealer you bought it from and do it very carefully and slowly in any event.

It's not touching the wall :D, but we can't really move it around too much since, the house is empty now but when we get all our furniture in, we wont have space for it anywhere else, second thing is that you can't maybe see it too well in the picture but the door to the terrace is behind the piano. so we can exit from there but if we move it we can't get in or out.

If the door to the terrace is just to the right of the back end of the piano, I think that might be another potential problem especially with what I assume is an extremely cold climate. Perhaps others more knowledgable here can express their opinion.

I think you should really protect the piano from the sun and cold drafts as much as possible even if it means changing your planned furniture arrangement.

OP Offline
If the door to the terrace is just to the right of the back end of the piano, I think that might be another potential problem especially with what I assume is an extremely cold climate. Perhaps others more knowledgable here can express their opinion.

I think you should really protect the piano from the sun and cold drafts as much as possible even if it means changing your planned furniture arrangement.

I know, but there really is nothing we can do. frown however we now have the oven in the room, which keeps a stable temperature laugh but is there anything we can do to protect from this bad placement?

R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
Dear Oblacone,
Thank you for the photos. A gorgeous new piano arriving in the night is really like a dream coming true. The ivory finish with the purple baize looks great.
However, like pianoloverus, I am concerned by the placement of your piano and it is most important that you keep direct sunlight off your piano. Could you put curtains over the windows? Curtains will both help prevent sun damage and provide some insulation from outside temperature changes.
Most important for the piano is humidity stability and on damp days, please keep the windows closed.
I don't mean to sound interfering. I just want you to enjoy your piano for many years.
Kind regards,
Robert.

OP Offline
Is this sunlight really bad if it stays without curtains for 3 weeks?
ANYWAY
Here are some more pictures for Diane... and the rest of course.
[Linked Image]
The ... logo? :S the thing
[Linked Image]
another logo thing
[Linked Image]
and the model
[Linked Image]
another angle of the piano
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
The pedals, and it would seem the previous owner of this piano was a fan of chopin.
[Linked Image]
The piano when it is closed
[Linked Image]
And a happy me picture laugh

Originally Posted by Oblacone
Is this sunlight really bad if it stays without curtains for 3 weeks?
Why take a chance? Just cover the windows with sheets or cover the piano with a few sheets.

Last edited by pianoloverus; 10/04/09 03:26 PM.
S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
Congratulations Oblacone! What a great picture of you with your piano - you're absolutely glowing with joy! I think your ivory piano is beautiful, and it contrasts well with the pretty wood flooring. It's nice to have that natural lighting from the window to your left, and an extra shelf for your music.

If your piano gets exposed to direct sunlight, it would be best to close your curtains at least partially (when you get some of course), during that time of exposure.

I hope your other home sells quickly so you can move in with your new piano soon!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Ken Knapp, Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kawai upright shortage in Canada?
by DeeZee - 09/19/21 05:55 PM
Korg SV-1 Sustain Pedal problem
by Herwiberde - 09/19/21 02:46 PM
JoJo Siwa's Baldwin grand
by ShiroKuro - 09/19/21 01:50 PM
Opinions on the CA49 for classical piano music only ?
by GaiaImpact - 09/19/21 01:16 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics209,190
Posts3,133,566
Members102,770
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission