2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
90 members (anotherscott, Andrew_G, AllThingsKeyboard, Augustina, astrotoy, Amadeus M., Andy R, APianistHasNoName, 19 invisible), 1,695 guests, and 414 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
H
H
I agree with you, I tried 2 Shigerus, the longer did not give the sound as balanced as the shorter.

Please make a thorough comparison of sound between FEURICH and STEINGRAEBER now, and update the comparison maybe 1, 2 months later to get a more settled feeling (as when we fall in flash love, and 2, 3 months later).

Congratulation, thanks

M
M
Your piano is gorgeous, and looks stunning in your home. Congratulations! For all those reading this, I've seen the piano in Terry's home, and it's magnificent! I'll try to get some video of him playing it to post here. If I'm really fortunate, I'll also be able to capture his partner, Bob, accompanying him on vocals. They're quite the dynamic duo!

F
F
What a fine looking instrument in your wonderfull home. What kind of music do you play? I will look forward to see the video of "momof pianist".

T
OP Offline
T
Momof pianist,
Thank you! I'm glad you like the piano. Now as far as Bob accompanying me on vocals,WHAT?????????????????????????(As i scream loudly)LOL! To those reading this when momof pianist was at my house,i was playing the piano and Bob was in the shower singing along.(If that's what one would call it) He did not know we were listening or that we had company,so momof pianist got to hear him in his full glory. I must say it was a bit embarassing as he is tone deaf.For a moment i thought my Steingraeber had some odd overtones,then i realized it was Bob.LOL!
Anyway,can't wait to see you at Bob's Birthday party. That very talented son of yours is welcome to come and play as well.I would love to hear him play my new piano. If he can't come to the party,bring him over some other time. He is surely a pleasure to listen to. So talented and intelligent for a young man of his age.(or any age as far as that goes)

Terry

S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
Congratulations on your new Steingraeber! I enjoyed looking at all the photos - what a gorgeous home, and two breathtaking pianos! I think your dog is very lucky to have two grands to lay under, or howl at, depending on the piece! grin Has your dog shown a preference between the two pianos?

T
OP Offline
T
sleepingcats,
Thank you very much for your compliments on my pianos and home. To tell you the truth,my dog is not allowed in the main part of the house because of the pianos and the very old Native American Artifacts that i have. He has never chewed anything but i would not want him to be tempted thinking that the piano legs were big bones. LOL. The picture that you saw of him near the piano was only for a photo op. He as a puppy has been taught the boundries. He has plenty of other spaces he is allowed to roam.He's a great dog! He is so loved.

Terry

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Great looking (and sounding) pianos. And nice home too!!

S
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
S
Terry,

Congratalations ...I can only join the numerous positive comments by other members already expresse here!

A small anectdote I picked up this week from the local Steingraeber dealer.

At a local music academy students tried to move the Steingraeber a bit in a hurry. It was on a concerts stage of about 1m height and it slipped with one leg from the stage ...stumbled on the lyre but theu could not hold it any longer and it finally well on it's ide next to the stage.

Result? Just a few scratches on the side of the piano, the trapwork was even not damaged and it still plays as before. Steingraebers must be one of the most, if not the most, sturdy built pianos around.

That being said this is NOT an experiment I would recommend you!

schwammerl.

T
OP Offline
T
Schwammerl,
Thank you for your positive comments. Wow! What an amazing story ! This makes me feel even better about my purchase. My piano does look like it is built like a tank.
Are you sure this is a true story,as it sounds like something out of "Ripley's Believe It Or Not."

Digitus,
Thank you very much as well.

Terry

G
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
G
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. You have wonderful taste in you interior decorating and in your choice of pianos.

Relieved to hear that the fireplace will not be used And even if it is a matter of survival, don't you dare chop one of the legs of that piano in the event the weather turns frigid.
Better a bit of frostbite than an amputation. Gaby Tu

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Love your pianos - and I think we'll have to nominate you for the PW Hall of Fame... You join Derick and a few folks who have shown extraordinary efforts to support world class pianos. I'll be sure to submit your name to the committee....

You've got two incredible pianos - how can you stop from having 3???

T
OP Offline
T
gabytu,
Thank you for the compliments on my piano and home. I do admire your since of humor in regards to the fireplace.

Kluurs,
Thank you as well. Before you submit me for the PW Hall of Fame,give me time to prepare an acceptance speech.LOL! Thanks again for your

Terry

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Terry,

The Steingraeber is absolutely stunning-- I have never seen such unusual and beautiful wood patterns as on that fallboard and music desk. Your pianos, artwork and home are just gorgeous. Congratulations! I don't think I'd be able to pry myself out of my house if I were you.

Sophia

T
OP Offline
T
Sophia,
Thank you for your wonderful comments on my pianos,artwork and home. I feel so blessed to have a home that brings me such happiness. With all the old Native American Artifacts we have, i am often told by guests who enter that they can almost feel the Native American spirits bringing a certain calmness to our home.It really is a great place to hang out,relax and meditate.In the room where the Steingraber is placed,outside is a lake with a very calming view.We have Swans,ducks,Florida Sand Cranes and many other species of wildlife including aligators. God is good and so is life.

Terry

J
J
AS a friend of Terry's and having been in his home many times I can attest to the beauty, sound ,resonance and character of his new Steingraeber piano.Its place in his home(and in his heart)is apparent from the moment one enters. It is surrounded by an exquisite collection of Native American Artifacts carefully selectede thru the years by Terry and his partner Bob. The setting is the culmination of having "arrived"at the epitome of piano perfection(yes-someone mentioned that there is no perfect piano) I beg to disagree.. To infer that somehow Terry is a braggert or even a blowhard does an injustice to his character and astounding ability to make music from a life that due to his background was often out of tune. His Steingraeber is exceeded only by his talent, creativity and his ability to bring smiles and music appreciation to those fortunate enough to hear him play.

J
J
Well I never!
Congratulations Terry! That is one beautiful grand. I had the luck to play several Steingraebers this summer, alongside some Steinway and Bosendorfer rebuilds and I was delighted with them. As you know, I'm a big Feurich fan: whilst the Steingraeber veneer is indeed wonderful, the lyre on the Feurich definitely wins ;-)
I know that you installed an LX player on the Feurich. What are your thoughts a couple of months on - is it something you enjoy often, or a novelty which has worn thin?
I'd love to hear a comparative recording of the two instruments. If you're feeling shy, you could always install an LX in the Steingraeber, then we could hear Gould's Goldberg variations on both!
Best wishes,
James

T
OP Offline
T
Thanks Julieta.It's great to hear such wonderful compliments from my biggest fan.People reading this will get the impression i paid you to say these things.LOL!

Terry

T
OP Offline
T
Thank you James.
I agree that the lyre on the Feurich is beautiful. Of course i am a Feurich fan as well. I think overall the cabinet on the Steingraeber wins.
As far as the LX system,i still enjoy it. The novelty certainly has not worn off.When i find time,maybe i can make a recording to show the differences in sound.I feel blessed to own them both.
James it's good to see you back on the forum!

A
AJF Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by julieta
AS a friend of Terry's and having been in his home many times I can attest to the beauty, sound ,resonance and character of his new Steingraeber piano.Its place in his home(and in his heart)is apparent from the moment one enters. It is surrounded by an exquisite collection of Native American Artifacts carefully selectede thru the years by Terry and his partner Bob. The setting is the culmination of having "arrived"at the epitome of piano perfection(yes-someone mentioned that there is no perfect piano) I beg to disagree.. To infer that somehow Terry is a braggert or even a blowhard does an injustice to his character and astounding ability to make music from a life that due to his background was often out of tune. His Steingraeber is exceeded only by his talent, creativity and his ability to bring smiles and music appreciation to those fortunate enough to hear him play.

Hi Julieta,

I think it's nice that you came on here to endorse/defend your friend Terry, albeit a little strange. Are you even interested in piano's?
I was gonna let it go but something is bugging me; I've been a professional pianist for 15 years and have played thousands of pianos and have never encountered one that is perfect. You claim you have found a perfect piano in Terry's Steingraeber. What qualifies you to 'beg to disagree'? Are you a pianist? Everyone DOES have a right to their own opinion but who really cares if it's not grounded in any sort of real knowledge or experience.

Terry: I think you're a passionate guy with a good heart. But having your friends come on here to 'inflate' you? Come on..... blush

Pianist, Composer
Disclaimer: Shigeru Kawai Artist
T
OP Offline
T
AJF,
Julieta is a friend of mine and you are right. She doesn't understand the mechanics of pianos very well. I was a little confused at what she meant as well. I believe what she meant is since i love it so much,that makes it a perfect piano for me. I could be wrong. Like i said i didn't understand it myself. She is a friend of mine and felt the need to come to my defense.I'll have to ask her myself.I feel you may have taken her too literally.Please excuse any confusion.

AJF, I have alot of respect for you,but you have this all wrong. I never asked her to come on here and inflate me. I swear. She has been lurking on this web site for quite sometime. She has a piano and she is a beginner. She read the comments on my post,siged up and made the post unannounced to me. To me that would be very tacky and i hope to think i have more class than that. I have appreciated your support of me and it is very important to me that you understand this. She is just a very big fan of mine.

Respectfully,
Terry

Last edited by Terry5758; 09/29/09 11:04 PM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Ken Knapp, Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Garritan with Sibelius "sound set" ?
by RinTin - 09/28/21 03:13 PM
help teaching an autistic child
by sheilaju - 09/28/21 02:33 PM
Old Kawai MP6
by johan d - 09/28/21 02:04 PM
Half Pedaling reality check
by Dore - 09/28/21 12:47 PM
Confused.
by Cutec - 09/28/21 10:43 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
What's Hot!!
My first professionally recorded piece
---------------------
Our Free Newsletter for Piano Lovers!
The summer edition of our free newsletter
---------------------
Visit Maine, Meet Mr. Piano World
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics209,335
Posts3,135,861
Members102,845
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission