Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
What's Hot!!
Mr. PianoWorld - the full interview
-------------------
European Tour for Piano Lovers
JOIN US FOR THE TOUR!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2018
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas


Who's Online Now
114 registered members (anotherscott, alexcawley, anamnesis, ALEXANDER DYKER, Amedeus, ando, Andrew_G, 24 invisible), 1,177 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Looking for the very best German Steinway D software [Re: lvercaut] #2751402
07/14/18 07:21 AM
07/14/18 07:21 AM
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 226
The Netherlands
P
pianistje Offline
Full Member
pianistje  Offline
Full Member
P
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 226
The Netherlands
https://soundcloud.com/productionvoices/sets/concert-grand

I think we'll see the release of the full concert grand lite,gold and platinum (Steinway D) of Production voices real soon now...........

(ad) ROLAND

Click Here

Re: Looking for the very best German Steinway D software [Re: TheodorN] #2751403
07/14/18 07:32 AM
07/14/18 07:32 AM
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 147
T
tdwctdwc Offline
Full Member
tdwctdwc  Offline
Full Member
T
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 147
Originally Posted by TheodorN
Ivory II Grand pianos, sterile and pale sounding, you say tdwctdwc. I'm not overly surprised, opinions seem to differ quite a bit on Synthogy's pianos, some like them, some loathe them.

It got me thinking, however.

Why are we seeking libraries around the 100GB mark, let alone hundreds of gigabytes in size, when they are only marginally better, and in some cases not any better, or even inferior to libraries few gigabytes, and up to 40GB in size?

Good point TheodorN. I can only speak on my behalf: When i look to try a new library it's because of one single goal in mind: Exploration of different color palettes and seeking inspiration, because after all, the sound of a piano will inspire me to compose. And we're fortunate enough nowdays to be able to explore real-life grand pianos on our computers (even though half of them have playbality issues).

I don't look at the size at all when i seek a piano library, the only thing i care about is the velocity layers and the timbre. In fact, the less the size the better!

Biggest example is the 5 GB Ravenscroft 275 which is still until this very day my absolute favorite piano library to play and get inspired from when playing at the same time.

Exploring other options is simply out of curiosity and like i said: Looking for more inspiration.

Speaking of Ravenscroft, listen to this till the end. Pure Magic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvlFr7DFr3o

Last edited by tdwctdwc; 07/14/18 07:36 AM.
Re: Looking for the very best German Steinway D software [Re: pianistje] #2751404
07/14/18 07:40 AM
07/14/18 07:40 AM
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 18
A
angmyu Offline
Junior Member
angmyu  Offline
Junior Member
A
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 18
Originally Posted by pianistje
https://soundcloud.com/productionvoices/sets/concert-grand

I think we'll see the release of the full concert grand lite,gold and platinum (Steinway D) of Production voices real soon now...........


I'm impressed with these demos. Even though the first song is LE version, it looks pretty good.


Garritan CFX full, VI Labs Ravenscroft 275, VI Labs True Keys, EWQL Pianos Platinum, PV Studio Grand LE, PV Concert Grand Compact, WS 1954 Baldwin Parlor Grand, VSL Vienna Imperial, VSL Yamaha CFX Full, UVI Grand Piano Collection, AS C7 Grand, Embertone Walker 1955 Steinway D Lite
Re: Looking for the very best German Steinway D software [Re: tdwctdwc] #2751538
07/14/18 06:26 PM
07/14/18 06:26 PM
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 158
P
pold Offline
Full Member
pold  Offline
Full Member
P
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 158
Originally Posted by tdwctdwc

Biggest example is the 5 GB Ravenscroft 275 which is still until this very day my absolute favorite piano library to play


In fact it is so good that I had to ask you if you recorded the tracks using a real acoustic piano! I don't have Ravenscroft, but on this forum is too underrated.

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Re: Looking for the very best German Steinway D software [Re: pold] #2751542
07/14/18 06:34 PM
07/14/18 06:34 PM
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 150
Moscow, Russia
M
Max_Forte Offline
Full Member
Max_Forte  Offline
Full Member
M
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 150
Moscow, Russia
Originally Posted by pold
Originally Posted by tdwctdwc

Biggest example is the 5 GB Ravenscroft 275 which is still until this very day my absolute favorite piano library to play


In fact it is so good that I had to ask you if you recorded the tracks using a real acoustic piano! I don't have Ravenscroft, but on this forum is too underrated.


Yes, all VIlabs pianos are very underrated here! I missed VIlabs - True keys Pianos bundle incredible deal on VSTBuzz for 90USD and regret it very much! frown


Casio PX-350
Komplete 10 Ult.: UVI - Falcon; Pianoteq - 6 Std; Galaxy - Vintage D; PV - Concert Grand LE, Production Grand - 2 LE, Estate Grand; Lounge Lizard EP-4; Neo-Soul Keys; AS - C7 Grand; Addictive Keys- All
Zoom UAC-2; Matrix M-Stage Classic 2 - Beyerdynamic DT-880 PRO; JBL - LSR305
Re: Looking for the very best German Steinway D software [Re: pold] #2751544
07/14/18 06:41 PM
07/14/18 06:41 PM
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 147
T
tdwctdwc Offline
Full Member
tdwctdwc  Offline
Full Member
T
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 147
Originally Posted by pold
Originally Posted by tdwctdwc

Biggest example is the 5 GB Ravenscroft 275 which is still until this very day my absolute favorite piano library to play


In fact it is so good that I had to ask you if you recorded the tracks using a real acoustic piano! I don't have Ravenscroft, but on this forum is too underrated.
I was just playing it now:) This and my Kronos Steinway D got me covered on a desert island. But like i said, we're too spoiled and there's nothing wrong in seeking other flavors to trigger new inspirations.

If you ever decide to buy the Ravenscroft, i'll send you the same exact settings i used in those demos:)

Last edited by tdwctdwc; 07/14/18 06:42 PM.
Re: Looking for the very best German Steinway D software [Re: Max_Forte] #2751546
07/14/18 06:45 PM
07/14/18 06:45 PM
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 147
T
tdwctdwc Offline
Full Member
tdwctdwc  Offline
Full Member
T
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 147
Originally Posted by Max_Forte
Originally Posted by pold
Originally Posted by tdwctdwc

Biggest example is the 5 GB Ravenscroft 275 which is still until this very day my absolute favorite piano library to play


In fact it is so good that I had to ask you if you recorded the tracks using a real acoustic piano! I don't have Ravenscroft, but on this forum is too underrated.


Yes, all VIlabs pianos are very underrated here! I missed VIlabs - True keys Pianos bundle incredible deal on VSTBuzz for 90USD and regret it very much! frown
Yes i remember that deal, i jumped on it right away. I should revisit this bundle tomorrow and play it for a good hour.

Re: Looking for the very best German Steinway D software [Re: tdwctdwc] #2751547
07/14/18 06:51 PM
07/14/18 06:51 PM
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 158
P
pold Offline
Full Member
pold  Offline
Full Member
P
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 158
Originally Posted by tdwctdwc
Originally Posted by pold
Originally Posted by tdwctdwc

Biggest example is the 5 GB Ravenscroft 275 which is still until this very day my absolute favorite piano library to play


In fact it is so good that I had to ask you if you recorded the tracks using a real acoustic piano! I don't have Ravenscroft, but on this forum is too underrated.
I was just playing it now:) This and my Kronos Steinway D got me covered on a desert island. But like i said, we're too spoiled and there's nothing wrong in seeking other flavors to trigger new inspirations.

If you ever decide to buy the Ravenscroft, i'll send you the same exact settings i used in those demos:)



Thank you, I will trust your ears and have no doubts about your good taste smile

Re: Looking for the very best German Steinway D software [Re: bsntn99] #2757066
08/09/18 10:48 AM
08/09/18 10:48 AM
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 164
G
Grazilerimba Offline
Full Member
Grazilerimba  Offline
Full Member
G
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 164
Originally Posted by bsntn99
Hopefully not getting too much off topic, but here is a photo what I was talking about. I had to scale the picture down. So, hopefully it's not too blurry. This only works in the full Kontakt.

[Linked Image]

1. This is the wrench icon where you shift into edit mode.
2. Select Expert to see the sample groups. Note the top 0-87 are the normal sustains. Note not all the sustain groups are visible here. The special groups are at the bottom.
3. Select the Group Editor.
4. Select the Repedal Loud group.
5. Adjust the volume of the group to taste. It is set too high initially. So is the Repdal Soft group, but not as bad.
6. The Group Solo button can be used to isolate a particular group so you only hear that group as you make adjustments.
7. This shows which groups are playing. Here I hit C2, G2, C3 and then repedaled quickly. You can't see the sustain samples played as they are too far up the list to fit on the screen.
Save the adjusted instrument patch with a unique name so as to not overwrite the original.

With the Grandeur, the repedal groups are set high. If you hear artifacts with the repedal off, then it may be the release or resonance samples that need adjusting. The normal front panel controls let you do this, but you can make adjustments here as well. Similar adjustments can be made to Vintage D as Uli programmed both libraries.

Repedals on the Grandeur and Vintage D are most noticeable on the lower third of the key range, barely in the middle, and pretty much non-existent on the upper third. This has to do with volume of the samples which are separate groups. For the Garritan CFX as an example, the repedal notes don't tail off in volume as much going up the keyboard as they used the more common technique of fast forwarding into the sustain sample which therefore matches the volume on the regular samples. IMO, this more closely replicates an acoustic piano. Hope this helps and sorry again if too off topic.




Hello,
I apologize for semi-necroing this thread, I wasn't around here for a while. Just wanted to reply to bsntn99 and say thank you very much for this. I finally tried this out and it actually worked. I could lower the value from -6 to somewhere around -12 or -14 and then the glitchy sounds are almost gone. When silencing it completely, the glitch is fully gone as well. Now I just have to figure out how to save the instrument under a different name because I think I overwrote my original file, but I had a backup so I could restore it. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I appreciate that you took the time to write these instructions and post the images. Greatly appreciated.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Piano World 

New In Our Store!
New In Our Store!
key racks with hand sanitizer
Attn: Piano Teachers, Music Teachers, Studios!

A rack made from actual piano keys, with individual hand sanitizer for each student!
Tons more music related products in our online store!
(ad)
Jazz Piano Lessons
Jazz Piano Lessons
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Digital piano software/firmware updates
by Colin Miles. 09/19/18 09:32 AM
Kawai CS11/CS8, CA97/CA67 v1.10 software update
by Kawai James. 09/19/18 03:19 AM
Knabe Grand— can I move or loosen sustain pedal?
by Bluegrassdog. 09/18/18 05:26 PM
Rib curvature
by Grupetto. 09/18/18 05:22 PM
"....and it's all LIVE!!"
by bennevis. 09/18/18 04:17 PM
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Steingraeber
Forum Statistics
Forums40
Topics187,371
Posts2,746,572
Members91,026
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers


 
Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
 
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |


copyright 1997 - 2018 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.1.1