2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
57 members (brdwyguy, accordeur, Carey, AlkansBookcase, 20/20 Vision, Charles Cohen, 36251, benkeys, bcalvanese, 6 invisible), 1,896 guests, and 276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#2707857 01/23/18 06:43 PM
7000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
7000 Post Club Member
Seems like old news from January 19 but haven’t seen it discussed here. Sorry if already discussed.

Nord Electro 6

I'm not around. You can find me here
My YouTube, My Soundcloud
Yamaha N1X, Cybrid DIY hybrid controller
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Wow, that was quick - it seems like only yesterday that I was lusting after the newly announced NE5.

Some nice improvements here...especially the seamless transition.
Probably not enough for existing NE5 owners to upgrade, but an attractive option for NE4 and - even more so - NE3 owners to consider.

Thanks for the heads-up CyberGene.

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
The Nord piano samples rock.

Just have to find the right way to play them, e.g. Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Stage 3 with a decent controller (current setup), or something else.

As a Nord fan, I tend to view everything they do as bringing game. Biased, I know.

But they have totally satisfied my lust for killer APs, DPs and B3s. Plus a whole lotta synth and sample action, which works for me in my bar band situation.

The B3s seem to be incrementally better this time around. The NS3 piano engine is better, I can't describe it. But it seems to have been bequeathed to the NE6.

All good. The good folks at Clavia bring some serious game.

Life is too short to be playing bad music.

Practice: Bosie 200, Yam N3
Live: Nord Piano 4, Stage 3 Compact
Amps: QSC K.2s, RCF TT08-s, FA 12-ac, CPS SSv3
Support: STAY stands, X-Air mixers, Vent II, etc
S
S
Not a fan!, their still using a crappy Fatar keybed, worthless for real performance and proper technique no matter how good the sounds, and BTW, I see it still uses old library of sounds, not their new piano 3 library, i think they missed the boat! I do own the electro 5 {good for organ and inducing carpel-tunnel}, my kids toy Casio has a better synth section!

Retired Prototype Engineer,Auto Ind. Longtime professional piano/multi keyboard player and recording. 35 years tuning/restoring, A deep passion for high end grands and woodworking. Currently have 1921 Steinway B and countless multi keyboards/drums/guitars in my studio
A
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by synthnut
I see it still uses old library of sounds, not their new piano 3 library, i think they missed the boat! I do own the electro 5

Electro 5, Electro 6, and Piano 3 all use the same piano library sounds.

S
S
Okay, guess i meant stage 3,,,,,doesn't matter, a new board should access their new library, their website states....

Nord Sample Library 3.0

The Nord Sample Library 3.0 is our essential selection of quality sampled sounds from a wide range of genres and the exclusively licensed original sounds from the legendary vintage tape-samplers Mellotron and Chamberlin!

Please note: The Nord Sample Library 3.0 is only compatible with the Nord Stage 3.

Retired Prototype Engineer,Auto Ind. Longtime professional piano/multi keyboard player and recording. 35 years tuning/restoring, A deep passion for high end grands and woodworking. Currently have 1921 Steinway B and countless multi keyboards/drums/guitars in my studio
A
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by synthnut
Okay, guess i meant stage 3,,,,,doesn't matter, a new board should access their new library, their website states....
Please note: The Nord Sample Library 3.0 is only compatible with the Nord Stage 3.

That is for non-piano sounds. At any rate, it sometimes takes a little time to get every web page updated, but it does show that the Sample Library 3.0 is indeed for the NS3 and the Electro 6 at http://www.nordkeyboards.com/sound-libraries

AFAIK, the samples (so far) sound the same as the earlier ones, but the new format will support future enhancements.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission