2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
71 members (brennbaer, Bellyman, Barly, 1957, btcomm, Animisha, bobrunyan, 14 invisible), 1,975 guests, and 346 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
Jytte #2911248 11/12/19 05:06 PM
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Jytte
Well, the human ear has the advantage of being attached to our brain. When we listen to a piece, we know that 'this note isn't longer, he just plays it that way', 'the measure starts here not there', and we can generally (for simpler pieces) hear what is treble and what is bass, or deduct it. Software does not have this advantage, and I knew these limitations up front, but it is a help in just 'getting all the notes lined up' before you get to the editing part.

Oh, I realize what you are saying, but the idea it was using AI techniques still set unrealistic expectations! ☺️

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
cmb13 #2911255 11/12/19 05:26 PM
cmb13 Offline OP
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
I use muse score and enter in music manually. It is difficult and time consuming, especially when there are multiple voices on one line. This option seems better but of course there are likely copyright issues.

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Chopin Nocturne E min
Bach Inventions

"You Can Never Have Too Many Dream Pianos" -Thad Carhart
cmb13 #2911266 11/12/19 06:24 PM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Well, meanwhile... I put it to work on something a bit more complex (not by much).

So this is the 'audio view' (whatever that is called):

[Linked Image]

And that is a faithful rendition of what is being played. When it 'transcribes' that to a note sheet on the other hand, you get garbage LOL Really useless.

So manually into Musescore as before is still the only way, BUT this 'audio representation' of the music from Anthem can make that job a little easier actually, so this test wasn't an entire waste.

[Linked Image]XXXVII-XXXVIII
I pray, that tomorrow I may strive to be a little better than I am today - and, on behalf of everybody else, I give thanks for headphones.
cmb13 #2911268 11/12/19 06:26 PM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by cmb13
I use muse score and enter in music manually. It is difficult and time consuming, especially when there are multiple voices on one line. This option seems better but of course there are likely copyright issues.

Copyright issues?
If I hear a piece of music played, and 'copy the playing' as in playing it (faithfully) by ear, or make myself a sheet of it and learn i that way... how is that an issue?

I pray, that tomorrow I may strive to be a little better than I am today - and, on behalf of everybody else, I give thanks for headphones.
Jytte #2911269 11/12/19 06:27 PM
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Well, meanwhile... I put it to work on something a bit more complex (not by much).

So this is the 'audio view' (whatever that is called):

[Linked Image]

And that is a faithful rendition of what is being played. When it 'transcribes' that to a note sheet on the other hand, you get garbage LOL Really useless.

So manually into Musescore as before is still the only way, BUT this 'audio representation' of the music from Anthem can make that job a little easier actually, so this test wasn't an entire waste.

Now that's something I hadn't expected. I really do need to download AnthemScore to play with smile

[Linked Image]

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
cmb13 #2911273 11/12/19 06:34 PM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Tyrone, yes, this view of the music is pretty nifty actually. But there isn't much 'to play with' really I found.

Jytte #2911298 11/12/19 07:07 PM
cmb13 Offline OP
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member

Copyright issues?
If I hear a piece of music played, and 'copy the playing' as in playing it (faithfully) by ear, or make myself a sheet of it and learn i that way... how is that an issue?

Misplaced modifier - my fault. I meant that Anthem Score taking music off a recording and transcribing it may have copyright issues. Not that this is an issue for me, but I noticed that you can not import scores from sheet music into muse score that are under copyright, whereas you can if they’re not.

It looks like Anthem Score can give a nice head start. After a few years of messing with muse score, I finally decided it wasn’t with my time and I now just buy the score if I’m planning on learning something. A $20 book of, for instance Tchaikovsky’s Seasons, that I have already spent 100 hours on, seems worth it to me. I used to download from imslp or find a score in muse score, or work on making it fit my specifications in terms of accents, notes etc but it just takes too long.

I will probably still use muse score in the future, but to a more limited degree.

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Chopin Nocturne E min
Bach Inventions

cmb13 #2911299 11/12/19 07:09 PM
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
It looks like Anthem Score can give a nice head start. After a few years of messing with muse score, I finally decided it wasn’t with my time and I now just buy the score if I’m planning on learning something. A $20 book of, for instance Tchaikovsky’s Seasons, that I have already spent 100 hours on, seems worth it to me. I used to download from imslp or find a score in muse score, or work on making it fit my specifications in terms of accents, notes etc but it just takes too long.

That's why I don't use IMSLP. High opportunity cost. Time I could instead spend on this forum 🤣🤣🤣

[Linked Image]

cmb13 #2911396 11/13/19 04:33 AM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member

Copyright issues?

Misplaced modifier - my fault. I meant that Anthem Score taking music off a recording and transcribing it may have copyright issues. Not that this is an issue for me, but I noticed that you can not import scores from sheet music into muse score that are under copyright, whereas you can if they’re not.

I will probably still use muse score in the future, but to a more limited degree.

If a sheet is available, it's always preferable, quite apart from the time consuming effort. Even I do resent if I have to buy a whole book for the one melody I'm after.
But, when I decide to use Musescore, it's because a sheet cannot be found in any way.
If I was a 'pianist', I'd just play the melody by ear, and my left hand would just find suitable arpeggios to go along magically, but I'm not LOL.

cmb13 #2911434 11/13/19 07:53 AM
cmb13 Offline OP
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Not yet.......but soon!

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Chopin Nocturne E min
Bach Inventions

Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,386
Posts3,349,204
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission