2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
70 members (brennbaer, Bellyman, Barly, 1957, btcomm, Animisha, bobrunyan, 14 invisible), 1,996 guests, and 343 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
6000 Post Club Member
Online Content
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Morodiene
I tried recording this weekend with poor results. My hand kept cramping up and just stopping - which has never happened. Obviously, this hand infection is getting worse, and it's possible that there's tendon damage from the bite, which would mean I have to completely immobilize my right hand.

I will listen to what I was able to record again, but from what I remember it wasn't acceptable. I'm not going to bother trying to record again though, so most likely I will not be submitting anything.

On the bright side of all of this, my left hand may get a really good workout in the coming months, and there's plenty of LH only pieces to choose from.

This all happened because your cat bit you? Hope it gets better soon. Do you still have the cat?

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Hope to record a bunch this Friday/ early Saturday. Had to revive this piece, and practice is in good place. This will be my first participation and look forward to hearing everyone's pieces.

Get better soon morodiene.

G
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
G

I will listen to what I was able to record again, but from what I remember it wasn't acceptable. I'm not going to bother trying to record again though, so most likely I will not be submitting anything.

A pity, really. I love the second impromptu, but I also understand that it may be a really tough piece to play. Hope you get better soon.

M
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by Sam S

This all happened because your cat bit you? Hope it gets better soon. Do you still have the cat?

Sam
It was an accident, he's a rescue cat. I usually get up in the middle of the night and he always wakes up with me, so one night I woke up and pet him out of habit and I didn't realize that he wasn't awake and he bit me out of fear. He felt very bad about it right after though. He's actually a very sweet cat, so yes, I still have him. But I avoid petting him when I wake up unless I see him looking at me. smile

I'm confident it will heal, but I may have to immobilize my hand for a time. We'll see what shows on the x-rays.

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
O
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
O
I've had several catbites and I always advice to get antibiotics right away if it's a deep puncture wound. If the infection gets started it can get really bad. Dog bites can look worse but still be less severe.

M
M
Originally Posted by outo
I've had several catbites and I always advice to get antibiotics right away if it's a deep puncture wound. If the infection gets started it can get really bad. Dog bites can look worse but still be less severe.
I have been working with my doctor on it since the bite, but my body just wasn't able to fight off the infection before it took. I think this problem I have may be due to the actual punctures, but again, we'll see.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
O
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
O
I have been working with my doctor on it since the bite, but my body just wasn't able to fight off the infection before it took. I think this problem I have may be due to the actual punctures, but again, we'll see.

Yes, that can of course happen. Just wanted to advice people here, because I' ve seen what happens when one waits too long thinking a cat bite is nothing to worry about. Not good if one plays the piano...

M
M

Yes, that can of course happen. Just wanted to advice people here, because I' ve seen what happens when one waits too long thinking a cat bite is nothing to worry about. Not good if one plays the piano...
Definitely not! As you say, cat bites can be worse than dog bites because of the infection. I have never been bitten by a cat before in spite of owning cats my whole life. So now I know better smile

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
O
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
O
I won't be able to make it either...I have suffered from my nasty headaches this week and the drugs make it impossible to play or practice properly... So today I thought I'd be fine and tried to record but both my pianos are so horribly out of tune there's no way I can submit what I got frown
The tuner will be here in 2 weeks but that's too late for this one...

P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
done. man, that was some sweat, lots of patience, lots of 'deletes' before i had 4 passable recordings, and then one chosen for submission. look forward to hearing everyone's pieces, and THANK YOU to all those who made it possible for my first e-recital on this forum - very grateful.

T
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
Hi, Pianoperformance! Agree with you on this one -- it is a definite challenge to provide recordings which even approximate the desired result. Like you, I do 4 or 5 "takes" and pick what I consider to be the best -- and yes, there are usually several "deletes" sprinkled in among the takes. For me, though, this is a great outlet to hone my craft -- it forces me to work through a piece thoroughly, as opposed to letting the most difficult stuff slide by, so to speak.

P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Ha, thanks for sharing Tim, so right, you can't hide. I didn't realize the precision, and how challenging it is to play a piece without too many slips. And then record it. This experience has opened my eyes and I am going to record more, so I can be more accountable to myself! At my level I am actually okay with a few slips, here and there. This was challenging, none-the-less. Total respect to everyone who posts their recordings on this forum. I know my teacher will be happy to hear my e-recital.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Otto and Morodienne - hope you both feel better soon - we are all sending you our adult beginner healing vibrations -

I'm hoping to organize a Waltz recital so hopefully you can both join us down that line

"There are so many mornings that have not yet dawned." -- Rg Veda
E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
Unfortunately I won't be submitting my selected piece to this recital (perhaps a quarterly recital in the future). No real excuse really, I am retired and have nothing but free time. But the piece just doesn't seem ready and trying to get anything that would be listenable would be an arduous recording process I cannot face.

Surprisingly easy, barely an inconvenience.

Kawai K8 & Kawai Novus NV10

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I've finally managed to fix a phone holder above the keyboard so that it doesn't all fall down with a clatter whilst I'm playing. Or whilst I'm not. It's one o' those sticky rubber things; I removed the stickyness with some double sided tape, and . . . it now sticks.
Can't figure it out. Don't need to.

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Oops I missed the deadline! I had the 30th in my head as the last day to submit. Sorry about that.

Paul

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Vid Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by chopinoholic
Oops I missed the deadline! I had the 30th in my head as the last day to submit. Sorry about that.

Me too. Apologies. frown

• Schimmel Upright
  • Kawai VPC-1 with Pianoteq

Any issues or concerns are piped to /dev/null
W
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
W
PianogirlNW,

In the Recital liner notes, looks like you double posted performance 13 and omitted performance 14.

Whizbang
amateur ragtime pianist
https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeschala
P
1000 Post Club Member
OP Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
P
When I finished the entire thread I saw that I had left off #14 and could only add it back in by piggy-backing onto #13. They are 2 different pieces by Debussy, both by performed by Timmyab.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,386
Posts3,349,204
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission