Piano World Home Page
Posted By: Beemer Organ at Luther's church in Wittenberg - 10/31/17 04:13 PM
I took this photo last month in Wittenberg, Saxony-Anhalt, Germany. I'm sorry now that I didn't take one of the console.

[Linked Image]

Ian
Ian,

That is a beautiful organ and a beautiful space. I would love to see more of it if you have it.
Posted By: Beemer Re: Organ at Luther's church in Wittenberg - 11/01/17 05:37 PM
Rich,

Sadly the console of the Wittenburg organ was closed. You can see this in the new photo. Other photos I now post are of the organ pipes in St Nicholas Church (Lutheran) in Prague and photos of the organ in the Meissen porcelain factory in Meissen. As you can see the pipes are porcelain and I believe that intention is that the complete organ will be moved to one of the Meissen churches.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

UPDATE: sorry about the diminished photo sizes. I now realise that the new photos are from thumbnail files not the originals. If any are of specific interest just ask and I will resend.

Ian

Posted By: Beemer Re: Organ at Luther's church in Wittenberg - 11/02/17 09:43 AM
Photos resized: (surprised that I cannot edit my last post after only one day?)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Ian
Posted By: gerhard_k Re: Organ at Luther's church in Wittenberg - 12/19/18 04:15 AM
Thanks for the photos. Ian. I guess for baroque, nothing succeeds like excess.
But there's nothing like the sound of a pipe organ in a big old stone church, it can bring me to tears.
- Gerhard
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums