Piano World Home Page

Recording feature not working on Kawai CN32

Posted By: AceStar

Recording feature not working on Kawai CN32 - 09/27/09 02:23 PM

So I went and got my Kawai CN32 today, and I am very happy with it.

However, I have noticed a problem. The recording feature doesn't work, and pressing the REC button causes the left channel (left speaker, or left ear when using headphones) to drop out. Then when you press stop to end the recording, it makes a loud clicking noise then all sound drops out. Pressing keys is silent regardless of volume. Sound only comes on again after turning the whole piano off and on again.

I tried resetting to factory defaults but it didn't help. Any ideas? Do I have a faulty unit? Given how excited I was to get this home and how much effort it was to unpack I would be really disappointed if I had to say good-bye to it and wait for a lengthy repair...
Posted By: Kawai James

Re: Recording feature not working on Kawai CN32 - 09/27/09 09:56 PM

AceStar, this sounds very strange.

May I please ask you to send me a private message listing the exact steps that you take to reproduce this problem.

I very much doubt that this is a software problem (easily fixed with a software update), more likely, there is a hardware fault with your instrument.

Kind regards,
James
x
Posted By: AceStar

Re: Recording feature not working on Kawai CN32 - 09/30/09 02:40 AM

Thank you James, someone from Kawai Australia has been in touch with me regarding the problem now so I am quite happy.

Interestingly, last night I discovered that pressing a certain sequence of buttons makes the problem go away, and the problem only starts again the next time you use the "user memory" or "factory reset" functions. At any rate, since I have discovered a workaround now, even before my problem's solved I can now use and enjoy the piano, including its recording feature. I really like the piano.

In case anyone else is interested, the workaround I found was to switch to Concert Grand 1 with reverb on, then restart, then play some notes, switch reverb off, then start recording. After that is done only once, recording works again every time, even after restarts, regardless of sound or reverb setting. This workaround is only needed once for each time you reprogram the default settings using the 'user memory' or 'factory reset' functions.
Posted By: Kawai James

Re: Recording feature not working on Kawai CN32 - 09/30/09 06:50 AM

Hello AceStar,

I'm glad to hear that my colleagues at KAWAI Australia have been in touch. I'm confident that they will be able to resolve the fault with your CN32 (it would appear to be flash memory based) shortly.

Thank you for providing this workaround also, however I believe this is the first such fault we have received for the CN32, thus I am assuming the problem is isolated to just your unit.

Kind regards,
James
x
Posted By: cocococococococo

Re: Recording feature not working on Kawai CN32 - 09/15/18 08:54 PM

Hi I have a CN32.

I tried the workarounds.

Nothing is working.

Recorder does not record.

Any idea ?
Posted By: Pete14

Re: Recording feature not working on Kawai CN32 - 09/15/18 11:22 PM

Is it cocococococococo? Please correct me if I’m wrong.
© 2019 Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums