Piano World Home Page
Posted By: iyi bir piano TECHNICS OUT OF BUSINESS - 04/16/04 06:47 PM
Technics Digital Piano division is out of business.

This is a real surprise to me, I remember back in the late 80’s and early 90’s they were very nice electronic instruments. Great quality too.

Anyway, in the recent years Roland, Yamaha and Kawai took over and Technics it was not moving forward.
Posted By: SteveY Re: TECHNICS OUT OF BUSINESS - 04/16/04 09:11 PM
This info was posted on this forum in January. Not a surprise to me at all. Matsushita has been pulling their music-related brand names over the past few years starting with Ramsa.
Posted By: iyi bir piano Re: TECHNICS OUT OF BUSINESS - 04/16/04 09:23 PM
Thanks Steve, so it is yesterday news laugh mmhh.
Do you know, why the decided to pulled out the cord?
Posted By: SteveY Re: TECHNICS OUT OF BUSINESS - 04/16/04 11:17 PM
I don't have any "inside news". But I suspect that it just wasn't profitable enough.
Posted By: Luke's Dad Re: TECHNICS OUT OF BUSINESS - 04/16/04 11:28 PM
I was talking with a friend who was a rep for Technics. I made the same suggestion, he responded that by percentage, I was actually Panasonic's best profit maker; but because of the size of the overall industry, it was on average with a lot of their other divisions as far as actual profit produced. He said that Panasonic just wanted to streamline and simplify their operations a bit and narrow their field of focus.
Posted By: iyi bir piano Re: TECHNICS OUT OF BUSINESS - 05/12/04 02:10 AM
I heard Samick is buying the electronics from Technics.
Is this accurate info?
Posted By: Rick Re: TECHNICS OUT OF BUSINESS - 05/12/04 04:29 PM
That stinks. I've had my Technics Digital Ensemble for 4.5 years, and love it. However, the damper pedal quit working a few months ago. After taking off the pedal mechanism and exposing the circuit board, I found that the mini-lever switch was essentially broken. So I just took the one from the "soft" pedal and replaced it. But maybe I should try and get the part now, if they're going out of business!
Posted By: etwo4788 Re: TECHNICS OUT OF BUSINESS - 05/24/04 06:20 AM
Hi Folks! I am a "Newbie" to this forum....

As my only home is a Motor Home in which I can "go" & "be" & "do" where ever I choose....The Technics KN series 61 key boards have been my choice of instruments....I have owned the KN1000, the KN3000, the KN5000, & I still own & play both the KN6000 & the KN7000....
I play for Sr. Centers, ELK Lodges, Nursing Home's, etc. Most of my music is pretty old.....20's, thru 70's...BB, Jazz, Country, etc.... Lots of Ballads, Waltzes, Polka's, etc.....I have fun with my music.... thumb

I need a carry case for my KN7000....If anyone knows where I can get one....I will appreciate knowing.... help help help

The TECHNICS ELECTRONIC PIANO KEYBOARDS ARE AWESOME MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS! wow

The information I have about the closing of this fine Company is very much the same as that which has already been posted by "Luke's Dad".....My info also came from a Technics Rep....

I also enjoy playing with others.....Are any of you in either S.E. NM or in the winter months in the area of S.W. AZ?????

HAPPY TRAILS!! ELIZABETH laugh
Posted By: Zymtil Re: TECHNICS OUT OF BUSINESS - 05/24/04 07:20 AM
Originally posted by etwo4788:
I need a carry case for my KN7000....If anyone knows where I can get one....I will appreciate knowing.... help help help

I also enjoy playing with others.....Are any of you in either S.E. NM or in the winter months in the area of S.W. AZ?????

HAPPY TRAILS!! ELIZABETH laugh
You could always try ebay (if nothing else). Here's a couple of links to current auctions (I'd suggest the heavier duty one, but that's just my opinion):

link 1
link 2

I actually grew up around Pecos, Odessa, and Lubbock, Texas. Still have family and friends in the area, and periodically go to visit them. We would occasionally take trips to either Hobbes, N.M. or Carlsbad N.M. just to visit the Carlsbad Caverns, it was always alot of fun (for the long hike in the caverns if nothing else). I've been wanting to take another trip there sometime soon (hopefully sometime this summer). Anyways, I'm not really sure of any local place in that area that would be able to accomidate your needs, but then again I really don't know the N.M. music shops.
Posted By: etwo4788 Re: TECHNICS OUT OF BUSINESS - 06/16/04 02:01 PM
FYI......Recently found a nice "Gig Bag" for my Technics KN7000 @ musiciansfriend.com

Cost including shipping $55.94....
Posted By: LadyElton Re: TECHNICS OUT OF BUSINESS - 06/16/04 11:29 PM
Oh wow. I didn't know they went under. I have a Technics SX-PC12 digital piano and it works great. I got it a little before Christmas 1999. I like being able to plug in my headphones so everyone can be spared from hearing me play. laugh
Posted By: etwo4788 Re: TECHNICS OUT OF BUSINESS - 06/29/04 12:42 PM
Do you know there is a discussion group for "Technicies" who have the AWESOME KN7000?

To subscribe go to kn7000styles-subscribe@yahoogroups.com....

To check out info on the 7000.....google kn7000....
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums