Piano World Home Page
Posted By: johnty yamaha psr-s900 anyone? - 12/16/07 04:45 AM
i used to have a PSR-175 back in the day, and it was one of those 'toy' keyboards. and i've always considered the PSR line as such.

however, i am currently in the market for a new keyboard, and was taken aback by the features of the new PSR-S900. (technology has gone a long way...) of course its not supposed to be a 'serious' instrument, but the number of features, and the sounds were quite impressive. (it appears to be a scaled down, uber affordable version of the tyros) it seems perfect for a.)generally messing around b.)sketching out ideas c.)enough sounds on it to do instrument-replacement stuff on casual gigs.

does anyone have this keyboard? and if so, what do you think of it?
Posted By: botuur Re: yamaha psr-s900 anyone? - 12/16/07 06:04 PM
i have a CVP405 and has nearly the same profile of a PSR900 (has added natural voices and 88 keys piano keyboard)and i am very happy with it - it is for home entertainment (its weight is 150lbs)and it costs the triple of a psr900.
Posted By: kbdguy Re: yamaha psr-s900 anyone? - 12/21/07 03:45 AM
I own an S900. It's an arranger workstation which is quite deep. Not sure what you'd consider a 'serious' instrument, but this board is light years ahead of the 'toy' keyboards of the past. It's amazing-sounding with a lot of cool features and most everyone who is familiar with it will tell you that it is the best bang-for-the-buck keyboard on the market at its price point.

The SA voices are amazing and super-expressive. The USB recorder offers all kinds of possibilities. The styles are realistic-sounding. The USB to HOST port is extremely useful for transfer of songs and styles. The full-color screen is crisp and clear - its detailed graphics, including a studio-like mixer with pan pots, sliders, EQ, and effects is user-friendly. The onboard speaker system is powerful. Can you tell I love this board?

I'm not sure what you would be using this for, but it will work in just about any situation - at home or in the studio.
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums