Piano World Home Page
Posted By: Joe Moon Learning aids on digital pianos - 06/03/03 02:52 PM
Hi All: I feel a bit guilty starting a new forum when I'm new to Piano World and already have one going and know nothing anyway, but ... I did a quick search for information on this and, having read so many postings from people who want pianos both for themselves AND for their kids (myself included), I'm wondering what kind of teaching tools digital pianos might offer for my son to begin learning sort of on his own? Any feedback on this? I'm not sure what I have in mind and maybe it's a silly question; forgive me if it is. :rolleyes:
Posted By: Annette Re: Learning aids on digital pianos - 06/04/03 02:55 AM
Hi, I've just been looking at several digital piano's for the home. The Yamaha Clavinova (CVP201) has an instructional feature. You can buy a disk that goes with one of the instruction books. The disk has the music for the songs in the instruction book. The piano then allows you to practice the right hand, or the left hand (you will play that part of the music). As the music plays little lights light up over each key that should be played. You can also set the piano so that the orchestration keeps pace with you (i.e it waits for you to press the right key before it continues) or you keep pace with the orchestration (the music keeps going whether or not you press the correct key). There's also a mode that allows you to just practice tempo.

The Technics PR604 also has some instructional features. - Hope this helps.
Posted By: Joe Moon Re: Learning aids on digital pianos - 06/06/03 01:28 PM
Thanks for the info Anna.
jm
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums