Piano World Home Page
Posted By: Blitzn UK and US compatability. - 10/13/04 01:57 PM
Hi guys, I'm based in England and thinking about purchasing a digital piano from the US due the favourable exchange rate. Does anyone know of any compatability problems I might have except for, of course, the need for a socket adaptor.
Posted By: Roxane Re: UK and US compatability. - 10/13/04 03:21 PM
Voltage transformer. US is 110 V while UK is 220V. The socket adaptor does not transform voltage.
Posted By: fogwall Re: UK and US compatability. - 10/13/04 06:13 PM
I suppose you also added VAT and custom fees to the price?
Posted By: Blitzn Re: UK and US compatability. - 10/14/04 08:32 AM
I took into account VAT and I'm assuming custom fees will be 5-10%. I think it'll still work out a bit cheaper but if there are some major compatability problems then I just wouldn't bother.
Posted By: KevinR Re: UK and US compatability. - 10/23/04 01:45 PM
The only real compatibility issue you will face are the voltage requirements US 120V VS UK 240. I bought a D70 from a music store in Fort Walton Beach, Fl and imported it to the UK. The D70 had a multi-tap transformer fitted so it could accept different ac inputs but still output the correct stepped down voltage. To make this adjustment you have un solder and move connections inside the keyboard. So unless you get an authorised dealer to make the change you face voiding your warantee.

btw the FantomXa uses a external transformer so that would be an easy fix
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums