Piano World Home Page
Posted By: PXFort Roland FP4 is in the house! sorry fp7..... - 11/04/07 05:44 AM
Hey what can I say. After I went back again to do some testing, I just like the action better so thats that. I bought it at sam ash. I printed and took a few packages from the kraft music site. And was hoping to play lets make a deal. I called kraft to be sure I didn't have to pay shipping and tax on a fp4.

So, I made my case that I could have a fp4 in my home for $1295 from kraft. Sam ash played ball and made a deal. They couldn't eliminate the sales tax but the reduced the price by the amount of the calculated saes tax 6% here in PA, which is $77.70. The price came to 1217.3 plus tax. Now 6% of 1217.3 is less than 77.7 it is 73.04.

So the final pricecame to 1290.34 smile

Not bad but it gets better. I also bought a stand and a pair of Sennheiser HD280 head phones all for a discount as well.

I bought other items as well. So I decide this was a better deal for me since I was able to get a complete setup for just under the price of a fp7.

Anyway I have been palying this for most of the night. My sons were having a blast with the other voices like the train and the laser. I know these voices have no use for most but I found a use for them. Getting my kids to sit at the piano...

The onboard speakers are quite nice for home use. I didn't think they were that impressive in the store on the demo. But in my home they fill the room nicely. But I did get a set of active monitors as well (toys for dad)

Tonight I mostly played with piano #1 with the head phones and the realism to me is just ....WOW..

The action is perfect for me and my family because we are beginners. My hands got tired from playing so this is the right choice. The fp7's stiffer or heavier action may have been a bit much for us here.

So it's off to the Adult beginner's forum for me now.
Since you are talking price, the FP4 can be had for $1,015 plus $40 shipping mail order. The FP7 can be had for $1,225.
Originally posted by rintincop:
Since you are talking price, the FP4 can be had for $1,015 plus $40 shipping mail order. The FP7 can be had for $1,225.
Links would be helpful...
Hey, that is incredibly cheap in US! The prices in US$ are even less than the prices in €UR, despite the exchange rate of 1 EUR = 1.45 USD!

Examples: Offers in Germany:
FP-4: 1149 Euro "typical internet price" (1019 Euro at a local dealer around) [your price means 728 Euro]
FP-7: 1349 Euro "typical internet price" [your price means 872 Euro]
Kawai ES4: 1049 Euro "typical internet price"
Yam P-140: 999 Euro "typical internet price"

[Ref.: preissuchmaschine.de]
Originally posted by rintincop:
Yeah I have been reading that information on the forum here but have been unable to find where exactly these great deals can be had.

I searched and searched and searched but had no luck.

Could you be so kind as to post the merchants name so I can look into this because I can still get money back from Sam Ash due to the 60 day price match promise.

PLEASE post the information and stop teasing me.

If for some reason this is not true than I am sorry for bothering you. I was giving the price information so that others who want to buy something similar from sam ash could take part in saving money.

Now Sam Ash has instore specials every sunday.
Last week that had 10% off Roland products. But I missed it I lost out. But they said if they have another sale within 60 days I can get money back.

Well anyway I was just providing AS MUCH INFORMATION as I could to help others.

Please don't keep me waiting for the name of the palce where I can get a ROLAND fp4 for $1015
I don't think Rintincop has ever posted the dealer name that sells at these prices.

The best price I've found for an FP-7 + stand is $1,449.00, free ground shipping and no taxes outside of Colorado - www.bpmmusic.com

Perhaps their price for an FP-4 is also competitive.
Thats also the price Dwight from BPM Music quoted me, $1,449 for the FP-7 with the stand and $1,349 without the stand.
The cheapest that I have seen this online was for $1295 with free shipping. Sounds to me as if you got a good deal since you got other items discounted as well.
Pauly,

Good decision! I just love my FP 4. You will find, however, that the sound gets even better through a great pair of headphones. I use the Audio-Technica ATH W5000, available in the US through AudioCubes.

Your Senns are adequate, but you will find the sound really opens up with a great pair of 'phones, and the timbre on the AT's is just really awesome. If you cannot spring for the woodies, I also recommend the A900 model.

Enjoy,

Craig
Ctncki I was looking at the Audio-Technica ATH W5000 you mentioned. I couln't drop over $400 on phones yet.

The Senns I purchased are the most expensive pair of phones I have ever owned. I have a pair of Sony's (low buget) and compaired to senns they are really just awefull. So I imagine if I were to compair my senns to the W5000's you mentioned, the senns would leave alot to be desired. I do believe you get what you pay for.

I love the fp4 too.

I have the monitors, a mixer, fp4, and my Ipod
all set up which is really a pleasure. I downloaded a few podcasts and can listen while I play.

Im getting a method book with audio cd. So this set up is really going to be perfect for this.

All I need is a duet bench that is height adjustable.
Sounds like a great setup. I like practicing on a DP, I bother no one and can really concentrate on my work. Again, congratulations on a top choice!

Craig
"Could you be so kind as to post the merchants name so I can look into this because I can still get money back from Sam Ash due to the 60 day price match promise."

Call Full Compass at 800-476-9886. John Schroder is the guy I usually deal with. See what he can do. You must call. Ignore the web site price.

Jim Wells
Tallahassee, FL

www.pureplatinumband.com
Actually, you can look at the web site...

http://www.fullcompass.com/category/Keyboards-Pianos.html

Jim Wells
Tallahassee, FL

www.pureplatinumband.com
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums