Piano World Home Page
Posted By: Ben C. Question on the Anvil Studio sustain feature. - 09/11/08 01:12 PM
Hi. First post here.

I am wondering what the best approach is on (the free version of) Anvil Studio to adding a sustain effect to a piano or vibes track. The two ways I am doing it now are:

1. I get the cursor line (not sure what else to call it) on the staff to the note I want to sustain, then I open up the event manager and add sustain from the dropdown menu. This consumes loads of time.

2. I get my notes on the staff, but then open up the piano roll format instead and manually extend the notes to sustain longer than the notes on the staff (quarter, half, what have you) would ordinarily dictate. This takes less time, but is still note by note.

Is there an easier way? For example, is there a way to tell the program to start sustaining here then stop there (like pressing the pedal on a piano then letting go)?

Thanks.

Ben.
Hi Ben,

Just on the off chance that you are still on the forum.. did you ever get any more info on editing pedal events using Anvil Studio? I am trying to do the same as you described...

Cheers,

Carlspost.
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums