Piano World Home Page
Posted By: McBuster Thoughts on Technics PR903 - 12/09/21 05:46 AM
Just wondering how folks regard this piano. It is older but some really like it.

Thoughts?
Posted By: clothearednincompo Re: Thoughts on Technics PR903 - 12/09/21 02:46 PM
It was maybe good 20 years ago. Now it can be hard to get any technical support or spare parts for any Technics piano.

Decent brand new (or slightly used) digital pianos are available for $1000 or even less.

Why bother?

(I've never played a one.)
Posted By: Ralphiano Re: Thoughts on Technics PR903 - 12/09/21 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by clothearednincompo
It was maybe good 20 years ago. Now it can be hard to get any technical support or spare parts for any Technics piano.

Decent brand new (or slightly used) digital pianos are available for $1000 or even less.

Why bother?

(I've never played a one.)

This!

And, over the twenty years that have passed, the art of sampling pianos, as well as the art of making those samples accessible and tunable through the modern piano's onboard computer/player has evolved tremendously. It is possible that there are not even any modern pianos available that will sound as primitive as the 20+ years old Technics piano.

Unless you are getting it for free, or very close to it, I'd recommend a modern digital piano, even one at the very lowest end of the Kawai/Yamaha/Casio/Roland product lines.
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums