Piano World Home Page
Notes will sound forever with damper fully down, kind of weird - and I set damper half adjust in system settings down to 4.

Setting string resonance to off or 1 or 2 middle of keyboard and up fade off, but not low keys below C4.

Did anybody remedy this with envelopes or something?

It does affect how notes blend when damper is fully on if they never fade.
Not a huge problem, but still disturbing.

Any other suggestions?
Thanks.
My bad - damper resonance is what I meant - not string resonance.
Do a search replace in you head, please. frown
Hello Nip,

Can you outline the exact steps required to reproduce this, please?

For example:

1. Perform Factory Reset
2. Set String Resonance to ?
3. Press and hold damper pedal
4. Play ? key
--> Sound should sustain indefinitely.

Is this correct?

Kind regards,
James
x
Thanks James.
I used wrong term in titel - damper resonance, otherwise correct as you described.
Play short key, and let damper hold the sound.

System setting half pedalling=4 if that matters how much you get.
On 1:1:A setting damper resonance=2
- C4 and up slowly fade with damper pedal full down, but lower keys become indefinitely long.

Damper resonance 3, 4 and similar you never fade on C4 and up either.
Roughly so.

First thing I did when I received piano was to lower damper resonance, since it was like swell at 5 if that was default. And going further up resonance towards 10 I am not sure who would use that.

Not sure if the amp envelope stuff take effect as a setting if to shorten release time - and what happends when damper is down, if that become same as when key is held?

Is there a key tracking like on synths, that you can alter how keys in different range affect length of envelopes and such?

It's no disaster as it is now, just fine tuning more and more and ran into this.
But have to keep it below 3 or notes become a mush in how they blend, does not feel natural.

And tracking for lower keys extend fade quite a bit, not sure if there is a setting for that?
On a synth I would set keytracking more similar all over keyboard to make lower respond more equal to higher keys.

Many Thanks. smile
I'd like to clearify some sloppy description by me.
- it fades but so slowly that after a full minute you still hear it
- after 15s or so, maybe half level still - this seems normal
- but at occasions it really stays on same level virtually inaudible fading goes on

I went into Sound settings and fiddled some with DCA, and attack, decay and release I can hear a difference.

But thought sustain level could be adjusted, so that same fade speed end fade earlier.
But notice no difference really.
Will experiment with touch velocity depth a bit which affect envelopes.

Either way, it's not a biggy at all this fade out.
Piano is lovely sounding, but still fine tuning things.
Hello Nip,

Thank you for your replies.

However, I'm still not 100% how to reproduce the issue that you're reporting.

If this is a significant problem for you, I shall follow-up up this topic with R&D.

Kind regards,
James
x
Hi again and thanks.
I cannot say this is significant, and I solved it this way as below.

If releasing key in a certain phase of fade out, I got a zipper noise that did not sound natural or good at all. Phonetic ...ritsch....kind of sound.
Fiddling with DCA release time fixed that - these setting are active it seems - nice.

Thought if there is a way to also adjust fade out at sustain point to go quicker too?

Seems these DCA envelopes in Sound settings are in action all the time.
And seems that note for each key, apart from damper resonances, follow as when holding key down. So damper down - keys fade the same way as holding key.

I tried setting DCA Sustain negative values but notice no difference.

But DCA Decay is what works here.
Setting this to negative values decays go quicker. So I can adjust when doing damper down that notes blend in a natural way and not as default that is exaggerated IMO.
Okay, glad to read that you were able to resolve this on your own.

Kind regards,
James
x
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums