Piano World Home Page
Posted By: Jack Gately Cakewalk by Bandlab. - 10/01/20 11:05 AM
Do any forum members use the above program. I stopped using it for a while and now when I open it the whole top bar which is where the record,playback buttons are has disappeared, so it is impossible to try recording. It is quite a big program and my download speed is slow so l am reluctant to uninstall and reinstall it.
Posted By: JoeT Re: Cakewalk by Bandlab. - 10/01/20 11:25 AM
I got a copy of SONAR when this software was still owned by Gibson. When they sold it to Bandlab, they cut off all support, so I'm using Cubase AI again.
Posted By: TheophilusCarter Re: Cakewalk by Bandlab. - 10/01/20 12:17 PM
Did you try selecting things from the Views menu, such as Control Bar? Otherwise, I'm not sure. Those buttons are there when I open the program.
Posted By: Jack Gately Re: Cakewalk by Bandlab. - 10/01/20 12:35 PM
JoeT, I had Sonar and when Gibson sold, Bandlab offered it free to everyone, so I then downloaded through Bandlab and it worked fine until now. Theo- I can get the record bar from transport in Views but then it keeps disappearing. Previously it was always visible and was easy to use.Then something happened, and I can't get that top section back.
Posted By: Jack Gately Re: Cakewalk by Bandlab. - 10/01/20 12:38 PM
I don't know how to take a screenshot to post here. If I could do that and put it up on the forum you could then see the picture of what I'm seeing.
Posted By: TheophilusCarter Re: Cakewalk by Bandlab. - 10/01/20 01:30 PM
Huh, that is weird. I wonder if some Windows update is messing with it. I definitely wouldn't completely uninstall and reinstall yet, maybe just see if there are updates for CW and/or Windows that would help. Otherwise, I have no idea. frown
Posted By: newer player Re: Cakewalk by Bandlab. - 10/01/20 01:35 PM
Check the CakeWalk forums

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/
Posted By: EPW Re: Cakewalk by Bandlab. - 10/01/20 01:58 PM
My guess is a Windows update. Check also if you have a new graphics update too.

Yes please post your problem at the above forum. There are quite a few really knowledgeable folks there. I never had that happen to me in Cakewalk yet.
Posted By: Nip Re: Cakewalk by Bandlab. - 10/01/20 03:43 PM
I currently use Cakewalk, and there is a setting to have transport bar on top or bottom, maybe something else too like not having it visible at all. Don't remember if you can undock even, so floating somewhere.

Look at view menu to see if any trace. It can also be behind the current main windows, so try and minimize main project to see what is behind it - if there you can redock it.

Other things that have changed is on top right on/below menu as I recall, something called workspaces or lenses(now renamed in newer to workspaces).

Not at daw computer now, to check.
Posted By: Jack Gately Re: Cakewalk by Bandlab. - 10/02/20 10:29 AM
Hi guys and especially Nip,problem solved.Iwent into Cakewalk this morning and when I originally installed the bandlab download of Cakewalk a friend set up a blank project to save a couple of steps and something changed after the installation which is why I could never get the toolbar showing the metronome. In the top fighthand is indeed the lens window and as soon as I clicked that the right screen appeared. So thanks again all for all the inputs.
Posted By: Jack Gately Re: Cakewalk by Bandlab. - 10/02/20 10:37 AM
The one reason for wanting to get it up and running again is to use the notation program to print some of the stuff I do. So next question is, has anyone used the notation program to do just that or is there a better alternative. I have tried to do this by hand but I am left handed so everything I do slopes backward and to me looks terrible!
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums