Piano World Home Page
Posted By: IosPlayer Help Installing VST, Please - 09/12/20 11:35 PM
I just purchased my first VST. True Keys Italian from VI Labs. My experience with PCs is very limited.... I have installed the library (it shows as a 3,000,000kb folder), signed up and activated with iLok. When I try to open the program it gives an error that the license is not activated.

The iLok icon appears on the desktop, but the app will not open. I think this is part of the problem! Is it? If so, how do I remedy it? Or is there another problem?

I feel I am close to getting this thing working. I am very satisfied working on the iOS platform, but I am looking for a better piano sound than Ravenscroft 275 for iPad. Any help much appreciated!
Posted By: David Lai Re: Help Installing VST, Please - 09/13/20 12:27 AM
Originally Posted by IosPlayer
I just purchased my first VST. True Keys Italian from VI Labs. My experience with PCs is very limited.... I have installed the library (it shows as a 3,000,000kb folder), signed up and activated with iLok. When I try to open the program it gives an error that the license is not activated.

The iLok icon appears on the desktop, but the app will not open. I think this is part of the problem! Is it? If so, how do I remedy it? Or is there another problem?

I feel I am close to getting this thing working. I am very satisfied working on the iOS platform, but I am looking for a better piano sound than Ravenscroft 275 for iPad. Any help much appreciated!

You will need to first of all activate the license using the manager software before using it. Hope this helps!
Posted By: VladK Re: Help Installing VST, Please - 09/13/20 12:28 AM
Does it show up as registered in your account on ilok.com?
If not, then you need to install ilok license manager, sign in whith your iLok usename, and redeem the license #. But if you bought directly fom VI Labs, they usually ask for your iLok username and add the license there immediately after the purchase.
If yes, then you need to sign in to the installed ilok license manager and activate the product on your computer or token from there.
Posted By: IosPlayer Re: Help Installing VST, Please - 09/13/20 01:35 AM
Thanks, David and Vlad, I bought directly from VI and activated purchase on my iLok account.
I have researched further and found their may be a problem with PACE win64 licensing software
On Windows 10. SweetWater directed to uninstall it, which I did, but then, when I open the pc demands installing it again as part of the licensing components. A real Möbius strip!
Posted By: VladK Re: Help Installing VST, Please - 09/13/20 02:40 AM
I use it on win 10 64 bit with usb token and multiple libs without issues. You probably need to contakt ilok support.
Posted By: MooganDavid Re: Help Installing VST, Please - 09/13/20 02:56 AM
I had to update iLok account in order to play Modern U and I already had American Grand and Italian Grand from Truekeys. Good luck
Posted By: IosPlayer Re: Help Installing VST, Please - 09/13/20 07:23 AM
It’s a fresh download, David, so no update necessary. It may have to do with Windows10. As per SweetWater’s advice I uninstalled the Pace win64 License Protector.... the iLok comes with PACE... but still not opening.
Posted By: dmd Re: Help Installing VST, Please - 09/13/20 11:57 AM
Isn't there a support number or email you can use for iLok ?

That would be your best source of info on this.
Posted By: IosPlayer Re: Help Installing VST, Please - 09/13/20 04:18 PM
Don, thanks. I eventually succeeded. Just had to download the installer a few times.
Posted By: David Lai Re: Help Installing VST, Please - 09/13/20 04:26 PM
Congratulations! the I Lock system is actually pretty effective, and it's machine authorization, so the process is quick and simple once you get the hang of it. Enjoy your new VST!!! smile
Posted By: TheodorN Re: Help Installing VST, Please - 09/13/20 05:36 PM
The setup process for new VSTi-s can be a hassle, but glad you got it to work. Good times playing the Italian. I don't have any of the VI Labs instruments, but they have their fans. The Modern U seems to get a lot of praise.
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums