Piano World Home Page
Posted By: klausi6 VSL libraries 40% for EDU - 09/01/20 07:18 PM
https://www.vsl.co.at/en/edu

I'm not a student anymore, but maybe there are students/teachers here in the forum.
Posted By: VladK Re: VSL libraries 40% for EDU - 09/01/20 07:26 PM
My son is freshman, but I already own all I wanted. May be, David will have some use of it.
Posted By: David Lai Re: VSL libraries 40% for EDU - 09/01/20 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by VladK
My son is freshman, but I already own all I wanted. May be, David will have some use of it.

Haha, I am in a similar situation of owning all I wanted now, so I'm not sure when will be the next time I need to buy something that big and complicated. But nice to know that such things are there! smile But after Ivory's ACD, I'm settled!!! smile
Posted By: Harpuia Re: VSL libraries 40% for EDU - 09/01/20 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by David Lai

Haha, I am in a similar situation of owning all I wanted now, so I'm not sure when will be the next time I need to buy something that big and complicated. But nice to know that such things are there! smile But after Ivory's ACD, I'm settled!!! smile

Get the full version of VSL D-274!
Posted By: David Lai Re: VSL libraries 40% for EDU - 09/01/20 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by Harpuia

I don't think it's worth my money -- I don't like the very ambient surround microphones at all, and not sure if I'd be using the other close positions very often, as the mid 1 suits me perfectly! smile But thanks for the suggestion.
Posted By: Harpuia Re: VSL libraries 40% for EDU - 09/01/20 10:59 PM

I don't think it's worth my money -- I don't like the very ambient surround microphones at all, and not sure if I'd be using the other close positions very often, as the mid 1 suits me perfectly! smile But thanks for the suggestion.

Great! I just bought the Ivory II American Concert D and I'm going to play it around during the Labor Holiday!
Posted By: 20/20 Vision Re: VSL libraries 40% for EDU - 09/01/20 11:09 PM

David, can you tell me if you enjoy Ivory ACD more than VSL D274 and, if so, why?
Posted By: David Lai Re: VSL libraries 40% for EDU - 09/01/20 11:25 PM

Great! I just bought the Ivory II American Concert D and I'm going to play it around during the Labor Holiday!

Congrats, I'm glad my demo has given you confidence! smile
Posted By: David Lai Re: VSL libraries 40% for EDU - 09/01/20 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by 20/20 Vision
David, can you tell me if you enjoy Ivory ACD more than VSL D274 and, if so, why?

So I have 5 piano VST's now, and all have their strong and weak points. But I think so far with ACD, the tone and playability is what I like about it. Especially the tone, as I feel it's the one piano I don't get hearing fatigue with, or get bored playing. It's not my favourite due to the fact that the releases are not handled very well, but it's good in its own right. smile
Posted By: 20/20 Vision Re: VSL libraries 40% for EDU - 09/02/20 12:23 AM

So I have 5 piano VST's now, and all have their strong and weak points. But I think so far with ACD, the tone and playability is what I like about it. Especially the tone, as I feel it's the one piano I don't get hearing fatigue with, or get bored playing. It's not my favourite due to the fact that the releases are not handled very well, but it's good in its own right. smile

Is ACD still on sale? Is there a demo? Does it require a dongle, license, special player, etc.)?
Posted By: David Lai Re: VSL libraries 40% for EDU - 09/02/20 03:47 AM

Is ACD still on sale? Is there a demo? Does it require a dongle, license, special player, etc.)?

ACD is not on sale, but if you google American Concert D you may find a slightly cheaper price on one of the dealers. I bought it from them, that is, Sweetwater. smile It can be used standalone, they have the Cantabile2 that's custom made for them, called Ivory Cantabile. You can also use this in your VST daw of choice. Unlike VSL, ACD uses iLock, so with the latest Ivory 2.5 engine, we can have machine authorization. It doesn't have a demo, but I made a custom demo for Harpuia with musical excerpts and as I talked through them, I told him what I felt its strong and weak points were.
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums