Piano World Home Page
Posted By: EVC2017 Roland RD 2000 Editor - 08/12/20 09:24 PM
I vaguely remember someone asking, a few days ago, about a about an editor for RD2000 for Windows. I am not sure if it was asked on PW or elsewhere though.

I was aware of an editor somebody created for MIDI designer, but it is for iPad.

I was considering, as a toy project, doing something in Python. It might be an incentive to learning the language, honing my OOP skils and (hopefully) having a useful product in the process.

While in the process of researching about frameworks for the GUI and the MIDI layers and looking for information on the RD's SYSEX, I stumbled upon this page, that has a user manual and a link to a zip archive with an installer (http://www.stuartpryer.co.uk/Release2.3.0.zip). I have checked the zip with Kaspersky and all seems well. I have not installed it yet though.

Based on a cursory look at the documentation, it looks promising. It includes controls to editing the piano sounds, which is the one thing that interests me most.

There is also a topic in Roland Clan forum started by the author.

I hope this may be helpful to some. I do not remember seing a post on this editor here in PW.

PS: I still may venture into the aforementioned Python toy project and make it open source.
Posted By: Bruce In Philly Re: Roland RD 2000 Editor - 08/12/20 10:02 PM
I have been meaning to install his windows version... just never got around to it. I guess I am getting lazy about the RD 2000s bajillion configuration settings... kinda fell into a pattern of sounds I tweaked long ago.

Stuart's application is the only one I have seen. I haven't looked say in the last 6 months or so, but that was it as far as I could find. The RD 2000 is a complex machine that really requires a computer interface. I am shocked that Roland didn't build one..... the keyboard is way way too complex for that crappy little screen.

Let us know what you find....

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Posted By: stemPianist Re: Roland RD 2000 Editor - 08/13/20 02:38 AM
If you unzip the source code and the author's license allows... drop it on github!
Posted By: klausi6 Re: Roland RD 2000 Editor - 08/13/20 03:58 AM
If you put a bluetooth midi interface into the midi in and out , you
can also use the roland piano designer app for iphone/ipad.
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums