Piano World Home Page
Posted By: Prestzie DGT 660 Yamaha Piano - 06/20/20 08:48 AM
Does anyone recommend this piano? How long is the life span of the piano since it’s digital?
Also, the pedal comes separate? Do you need the pedal for it to sound better?
Posted By: clothearednincompo Re: DGT 660 Yamaha Piano - 06/20/20 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by Prestzie
Does anyone recommend this piano?

There are some people on the forum who do. And some others might not.

How long is the life span of the piano since it’s digital?

It's anything between the warranty period and several decades. You never know what breaks and when. And mechanical bits will wear out to some extent.

Also, the pedal comes separate? Do you need the pedal for it to sound better?

A single pedal is included, but it's just a small plastic box and not shaped like a piano pedal. It's possible to replace that with a nicer one. The triple pedal set LP-7A is sold separately.

The sustain pedal is pretty much a must at some point. The others are not that critical.
Posted By: Lotus1 Re: DGT 660 Yamaha Piano - 06/20/20 02:23 PM
Prestzie, you may recall that in responding to your "Acoustic piano vs Digital piano" thread, I mentioned that I kept my Yamaha DGX-660 digital even after buying a Kawai GM-10 acoustic grand.

Here is my initial review of the Yamaha DGX-660 from December 2017:
http://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthre...ck-to-yamaha-on-dgx-660.html#Post2699714

My review includes comments on the pedal system and why the optional metal single-pedal FC-3A is better than the optional plastic three-pedal LP-7A. The included plastic single pedal is adequate for many, but does not allow the touch control necessary for classical music.

If you click on my name and then on Forum Posts, you will find many posts that respond to questions about the DGX-660 from others. I remain very happy with the instrument and consider it an incredible value at its price point.
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums