Piano World Home Page
Posted By: JdhPiano924 Questions about the Korg B2SP - 05/10/20 12:17 PM
Life had thrown a lot of changes my way and was getting a chance to go back to college for music. I and my wife are planning on making a move, and I will be getting rid of my old(but still decent) Boston McPhail grand piano. I will be switching to a digital instrument at home, and have been looking into that.

The longer that I look at different models the more confusing it all gets. I have been spoiled by the simplicity of having my current piano.

I have been trying to keep my budget under 1000, but the more I look the more I feel 1500 would be better. I am looking for something for home practice when I can't go to campus but use possibly on gigs(weddings and such). I know of the usual suspects...ie. Yamaha P125, p515, Kawai, Roland, etc...

One piano that doesn't seem to pop much on most lists online is the Korg B2sp. Is there anything majorly wrong with this keyboard? or a good reason not to consider it?
Posted By: jeffcat Re: Questions about the Korg B2SP - 05/10/20 12:34 PM
They recently had a sale on B2, the slightly better version of B2SP @ adorama for $350.

It seems every 3-4 months there's a largish sale on the popular $500-700 models.
Posted By: JdhPiano924 Re: Questions about the Korg B2SP - 05/10/20 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by jeffcat
They recently had a sale on B2, the slightly better version of B2SP @ adorama for $350.

It seems every 3-4 months there's a largish sale on the popular $500-700 models.

Thank you! I will keep an eye out!
Posted By: clothearednincompo Re: Questions about the Korg B2SP - 05/10/20 12:42 PM
B2 = just the piano
B2SP = the piano with Stand and Pedals
B2N = semi-weighted keys, Not for pianists

Some people might say that the NH (Natural Hammer) action in the B2(SP) isn't Korg's greatest hammer action and not that great compared to the offering from other manufacturers, but I don't know how "bad" it is if it's "bad" at all. Korg uses their fancier RH3 action in only slightly more expensive models.

I'm sure some that have tried it will comment...
Posted By: jeffcat Re: Questions about the Korg B2SP - 05/10/20 01:45 PM
Ah right, I was thinking of the B2n, thanks for the correction.
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums