Piano World Home Page
Posted By: Boboulus Yamaha P-515 with subwoofer - 11/22/19 07:55 AM
Hi,

I'm waiting for my P-515 to arrive and are thinking about if i should add a subwoofer to get better sound. I have no place for monitors so this might be the best option.

Has anyone here tried the P-515 with a subwoofer like the Yamaha KS-SW100 and think it adds a lot to the sound or is it really not needed?
Posted By: johanibraaten Re: Yamaha P-515 with subwoofer - 11/22/19 09:06 AM
Originally Posted by Boboulus
Hi,

I'm waiting for my P-515 to arrive and are thinking about if i should add a subwoofer to get better sound. I have no place for monitors so this might be the best option.

Has anyone here tried the P-515 with a subwoofer like the Yamaha KS-SW100 and think it adds a lot to the sound or is it really not needed?

I tried the p-515 with a subwoofer a while ago in a piano store and it worked brilliantly. The p-515 has a quite clear treble sound so it was a perfect match. Unfortunately I don't remember the brand of the subwoofer.
Posted By: AlphaBravoCharlie Re: Yamaha P-515 with subwoofer - 11/22/19 09:45 AM
Hi,

I tried P-515 again last week, and I was surprised how good speakers are. Noticably better than in my ex-ES8. Why not wait until it comes and then decide, whether you need sub?
Posted By: Boboulus Re: Yamaha P-515 with subwoofer - 11/22/19 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by AlphaBravoCharlie
Hi,

I tried P-515 again last week, and I was surprised how good speakers are. Noticably better than in my ex-ES8. Why not wait until it comes and then decide, whether you need sub?

This is really nice to hear! smile

Yes, I will definitely try it out in my home before I decide. Just curious if people here have tried it and think it's worth it.
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums